MiniFusion - *Sponsored* by Xtia and Bitspower

Soldato
OP
Is that a dried in drip of coolant
On the top of fitting coming out the rad?
Only noticed as was admiring how pure a white
Whoever painted the rad achieved

Never occurred to me the tubing would be
Painted for some reason
I just assumed the plastic was white
Yeah paint on the inside could be an issue
Could even be an issue on outside if it scratches easily
Maybe the paints sealed/lacquered?

Oh i see it now lol. No its a really tiny bitspower logo . They’re on all of the fittings.

Its brass tubing thats been coated, i assume its powdercoated but the quality isn’t great. It doesn’t scratch easily, its pretty thick but worried about the long term use.

Associate
Started the tubing runs this evening, decided to try out the Chrome tubing route to make a decision. I quite like it but still undecided whether i will stick with this route.

I'm also slightly concerned about the white tubing since it's painted on the inside as well, it might flake over timie. Something i need to address with Bitspower, painting the inside of anything is a bad idea if there is coolant running.

looks good mate. Did you try coming off the side of the top flow meter. The option one down from where it is.

Soldato
Oh i see it now lol. No its a really tiny bitspower logo . They’re on all of the fittings.

Its brass tubing thats been coated, i assume its powdercoated but the quality isn’t great. It doesn’t scratch easily, its pretty thick but worried about the long term use.
Wow that's a tiny logo then
Even with your usual quality photos
And zooming in it still looked like a drip lol
Maybe on pc with bigger screen I would have been able
To see it properly

Never occurred to me it would be painted brass
And not plastic/petg doh!
But yeah I would worry about long term use too

Soldato
OP
Yeah I though it might stick out too far. Is there enough room to lower the flow meters slightly so to not need the other fitting

Unfortunately not due to the alignment with the cpu block. Only other way would be to tap the centre of flow meter for a G1/4 fitting.

Soldato
OP
Wow that's a tiny logo then
Even with your usual quality photos
And zooming in it still looked like a drip lol
Maybe on pc with bigger screen I would have been able
To see it properly

Never occurred to me it would be painted brass
And not plastic/petg doh!
But yeah I would worry about long term use too

Its the bokeh from the camera lens and the settings so you definitely wouldn’t see it haha. I’ll get s proper picture of it so you can see what i mean.

Soldato
Definitely chromed tubes. I can live with the white of the fittings not matching because they're not that big. I'd fear if you start adding the white tubes then the differences in white between the case and pedestal and the fittings and tubing becomes more apparent, making the former look almost cream.

The chrome really breaks it up, plus I personally like the idea of the tubes being their own thing aesthetically. Originally Asteria II was going to be just black and silver, but recently changed it to blue coolant so the tube runs are their own thing and add a little something to break up the near solid black interior. If she's ever finished :p

Soldato
OP
Definitely chromed tubes. I can live with the white of the fittings not matching because they're not that big. I'd fear if you start adding the white tubes then the differences in white between the case and pedestal and the fittings and tubing becomes more apparent, making the former look almost cream.

The chrome really breaks it up, plus I personally like the idea of the tubes being their own thing aesthetically. Originally Asteria II was going to be just black and silver, but recently changed it to blue coolant so the tube runs are their own thing and add a little something to break up the near solid black interior. If she's ever finished :p

Same, it needs contrast and trying to get all the white to match is a headache since the case isn't a pure white but it's more of a off white. I'm almost tempted to get the case and enclosure redone in the correct white but i like it too much.

It's a good job i had a whole load of chrome tubing left over from my last build, it's come in handy for this part as i've got more than enough spare sections and Right angles to make it look more aesthetically pleasing.

Asteria II still needs to make an appearance! Have you done more work on it since?

Soldato
Asteria II still needs to make an appearance! Have you done more work on it since?
Had a good head of steam painting the case work finally, but then insane amounts of overtime kicked in and it's stalled me. And then I shredded a window mounting point trying to straighten it up lol

Hopefully finishing off the GPU power cables tomorrow and then repair the window mount point so I can get the primer on the big body pieces and get painted. Need to clean my GPU block too before repainting the exposed copper externals, rebrushing the backplate and slapping on my very awesome, and very heavy, stainless steel full cover plate.

I'm getting there, trying to work out how I'm going to take photos since I want to snap the custom bodywork before I get the rivet gun out...need to find space.

Soldato
OP
Ladies and Gents, i present to you MiniFusion 99% complete. I say 99% because i still have a few cables to tidy but we got there in the end! System filled, booted up and it works (not that i wasn't confident before :cry: since i had already tested it lol).

What an incredible journey the last 5 months have been building and developing this project. From a CAD drawing and plan to the finished physical object infront of me. I managed to make some last minute changes to the fittings so make the system more uniform and compact. Wasn't happy with the top fitting poking out so much so a stubby replacement made it 100% better.

Once again, a huge thanks to all the sponsors for this project:

• Bitspower
  • Mayhems Solutions
  • Liquid Gaming
  • Praetex Design
  • AquaCustoms
  • Xtia Design
  • Jginyue
I couldn't have done it without your generous support. Now looking forward to the next project ;):D

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't normally like green
But will make an exception in your case lol
Probably most impressive part
Is the bits with fittings connecting parts
Not really any tolerance there they have to be
Exactly right length
Though its all very impressive as usual
Would be even better if all the shades of white were
Like the radiator
That's probably only drawback with a white build