Monzo/Starling Banking/Revolut

Soldato
People still need telling, you never ever give details or follow instructions from someone who has called you claiming to be from a bank or financial institution.
revolut were also responsible - with their genz appealing, selfie check ;
saying that I haven't needed to telephone lloyds recently with their voice id crap, either.

Soldato
thought there was a weird parallel between revolut and the new tesla report findings
there's a point where you give people enough rope to hang themselves with,

According to the report by NHTSA, Tesla’s design is flawed and has “led to foreseeable misuse and avoidable crashes.”
Explaining the issues with the car, the report said it has a weak driver engagement system which clashes with the autopilot feature’s permissive operating capabilities, causing a critical safety gap.

Furthermore, the name “autopilot” is misleading for some drivers. It may lead them to think the feature has greater auto-driving capabilities than it actually does.

Soldato
Just had a right BS exchange with PayPal.

I bought a TV ~1300 on 3 years 0%
I then bought a shower for ~£480 on 3 months 0%.

I then decided a £480 shower was dumb AF so cancelled it. PayPal have then credited the £480 against the £1300. I hadn't paid much attention as the reduced term/payment on the TV didn't bother me (I think it was £48/mo vs. £26). I thought I'd query it though yesterday, as when I clicked it only showed ~£800 outstanding.

Turns out they applied the £480 refund to the £1300 deal, and the £480 for the shower I don't even have, is due 22/05. WTF?

I said fix it and they said "they'll try", with no ETA.

Love to see PayPal hasn't changed a bit since the early noughties!

Man of Honour
Just had a right BS exchange with PayPal.

I bought a TV ~1300 on 3 years 0%
I then bought a shower for ~£480 on 3 months 0%.

I then decided a £480 shower was dumb AF so cancelled it. PayPal have then credited the £480 against the £1300. I hadn't paid much attention as the reduced term/payment on the TV didn't bother me (I think it was £48/mo vs. £26). I thought I'd query it though yesterday, as when I clicked it only showed ~£800 outstanding.

Turns out they applied the £480 refund to the £1300 deal, and the £480 for the shower I don't even have, is due 22/05. WTF?

I said fix it and they said "they'll try", with no ETA.

Love to see PayPal hasn't changed a bit since the early noughties!
Yeah this happens quite a lot if you use any of their 0% stuff and then end up getting a refund. You're never quite sure which one it's going to credit but as I only tend to use the 4 month one I've never been bothered enough to query it

Soldato
Yeah this happens quite a lot if you use any of their 0% stuff and then end up getting a refund. You're never quite sure which one it's going to credit but as I only tend to use the 4 month one I've never been bothered enough to query it
Yeah I can appreciate it being "tricky" across multiple 3 month'ers but surely a 36 month special needs to be ring fenced?

Man of Honour
There's no reason for it to be tricky at all, they've got the transaction ID they know which one has been refunded so it should only be applied to the one related to that transaction ID...but PayPal.

Back
Top Bottom