New Cardiff signing onboard missing flight

Don
Any well drafted terms and conditions for the purchase of an "item" this large will specify when risk transfers. That is, does the buyer take on all risk when it leaves the factory, or not until he receives it? Depending on how the item is to be shipped, this may affect the purchase price quite heavily. However, most items aren't capable of transporting themselves, unlike footballers.

Presumably footballers are just expected to get themselves to their first day at work though, just as I would be if I relocated from London to New York, so I imagine those terms aren't in agreements to buy footballers. I don't think you can draw parallels between sale of goods and footballers
Yes :p

Ultimate liability will sit with who ever organised the flight/plane operator, especially if they were operating illegally.

Soldato
Yes :p

Ultimate liability will sit with who ever organised the flight/plane operator, especially if they were operating illegally.
Yes, but they won't have £15m to reimburse the damage, and if they were flying illegally the insurance won't cover it, so the likely outcome is that both clubs will end up out of pocket

Soldato
Cardiff City are looking at a three window transfer ban if they fail to pay Nantes the first instalment of £5.3m. Unsurprisingly, they are appealing.

Associate
Was just reading about the above as well. I think Cardiff are getting off easy and frankly should just be banned from playing for the next 12 months. See how they like it when they're the ones not getting paid.

Honestly the club should just go fck its self and fold. There's business and then there's business. The scrooges of the footballing world. You're a sports club for entertainment not some morally bankrupt legal firm etc...

Caporegime
It's even more tragic where this is at now.

RaKAgXS.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom