New York 5 days - Feb

Soldato
Pro tip in Katz, get who ever can go up to go up and each of you get different things. So someone get the pastrami sandwiches, someone get chips, someone get the juice if you can. It’s quicker and easier rather than someone going and queuing up three times.

If you do it that way you’ll have various different tickets though and then you have to queue to pay for them all as well.

Keep the ticket!!!

Associate
Check out Grand Central, if only for nostalgia for films and tv shows it has appeared in.
MoMA and the Guggenheim are also special. You can get passes that are less than the cost of entry on the day and mean you don't have to queue, they used to be called City Passes. This can save 1-2 hours a day at popular places and it's a long way to go to lose that much time to queing.

Soldato
OP
So our trip to New York was excellent for my wifes 40th birthday, here are a few photos.

We visited the rockfeller roof top as recommended here, so glad we did the views were amazing.Here is one of my photos.
SRxf4Q7.jpeg

0A6GQgQ.jpeg

Of course we visited Grand Central station.

8I8H90C.jpeg

PP4QSgR.jpeg

The 911 memorial was very touching and surreal, it felt quiet and tranquil even with a lot of people around.

s8NRK8j.jpeg

Sadly we didn't have chance to go inside and see the wonderful interior, but the outside was amazing to see.

apPIDtO.jpeg

The famous outdoor ice-rink was nice also. Smaller than I expected.

fRphpzM.jpeg

Our helicopter ride was awesome.

iDZmZFf.jpeg

So many photos from the helicopter, but I will just post 1.

OnEhL8y.jpeg

Trinity place bar was ace

6v7NKRD.jpeg

And finally I event treated my wife to a little gift from Tiffanys.

oBwtxRb.jpeg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Day 1 - We decded to just have a walk around Time Square and see what was about. Most the food joints there were standard chain places, Wendys, Hard Rock Cafe, TacoBell etc etc.
We decided to try applebys. The food was quite good, but fairly standard.
I had the tex mex, which was spicy rice, salad, sweetcorn, prawns cooked in a Pesto sauce etc.
My wife had the chicken and broccoli pasta and that dodgy looking thing on her plate was just a bread roll. LOL.

e1EHmau.png

2Q0D2Ri.png

Day 2 - We ate at a place called Trinity Place (the ex-bank with vault doors still in tact on my photos.)
I had a Wagu beef burger with blue cheese and some wedges.
My wife had Turkey burger with wedges, she also had New York cheese Cake and she said it was the best cheese cake she had even eaten.

DjeKovM.png

That evening we decided to try a late night pizza treat back to our hotel room with the pizza.

ve6vwE5.png

Day 3 - We ate at a restaurant which was called Beast and Butterflies.

For starters I had a seafood medely, which was served on warm bread. It was great.
For my main I had steak and fries which was great also.

7TxJ4tJ.png

qeHHVJv.png

My wife had ribs for starter and chicken ceasar salad for main.
rA0uOoo.png

biHpNZh.png

They gave my wife a dessert for her birthday which was presented nicely.

J79Mjm4.png

Day 4 - we ate at Paul's Italian restaurant just off Time Square.

I had the ravooli, my wife had the breaded cheesey chicken and pasta.
We both had desserts, I had creme bruulee and she had yet another cheese cake.

Wi2bwWf.png

DaX3qVf.png

etddOHI.png

0XOS52f.png

Day 5 - we ate Stardust diner on Time Square for brunch, my wife really wanted to go there, as it was in the TV show Glee (not that I know). The waiters and waitresses are all singing every 15mins too, they put on a decent show.
She had pancakes, and I had the breakfast burger.

vbAbvi8.png

CdEphyR.png

Day 5 evening - we found a BBQ place, and I had pulled pork with cornbread, mac&cheese and fries. She had the pulled beef and with the biscuits (she wanted to try them) and she then had chocolate cake (I'm not much of a dessert person.)

eK7U7Eg.png

51kPJam.png

joe2vFQ.png

Last edited:
Soldato
We’re off to NYC this morning, our first time back since 2017. The trip has started well already with a free upgrade to business class, thank you British Airways :) . Currently on board in my little pod, sipping champagne, at 9:30am.
These New York threads are full of useful info, thanks to those who’ve posted.

Caporegime
I really wish I knew how people got free upgrades. My wife's colleague just got a her 2nd upgrade to business within a couple years. My face is ripe for charity muggers on high streets (they'll see me a mile off) but still awaiting the mystical upgrades.

New York next week though :D.

Back
Top Bottom