*** Offical Dragon's Dogma 2 Thread ***

Soldato
My friend just gifted me this. "I know you didn't like it from the 2h, trial but now you'll play it for at least two and a half because I've gifted it to you and you'll feel obliged to"

Clearly forgot how stubborn I am lol. TBF I will try again, just not anytime soon.

I think it does open up and get better as you go along further into it at least.

Soldato
I think it does open up and get better as you go along further into it at least.

It was mainly the janky combat, movement, repetitive comments by the pawns, and just generic fantasy world vibe.
However, I'm old enough to know it's not a complete write off like say RDR2 was for me.
Obviously my friend thinks I'll come around too lol.

Last edited:
Soldato
So I decided to try out Magic Archer and ran into a Drake and a Cyclops :D Bit of a struggle even at level 67, but managed to take them both down. Will probably revert back to Thief or Spearhand though, as I prefer melee.

Last edited:
Soldato
So I decided to try out Magic Archer and ran into a Drake and a Cyclops :D Bit of a struggle even at level 67, but managed to take them both down. Will probably revert back to Thief or Spearhand though, as I prefer melee.

You want to Use Arctic bolt to freeze the suckers then follow up with Sagittate Avelanch into the weakspots. If all that fails the ultimate at expense of health will one shot anything :p

But yeah Thief in general is OP and Melee is more fun imo.

Soldato
Good god this game is hard after playing Horizon :p

It's good in a way that there is no hand holding but I'd like a few more tweaks here and there. A bit more flexible fast travel, some extra clues to some of the quests and less faffing with weight and inventory.

Not sure I'm loving the archer. There are times I feel like a fly against some of the large monsters.

Soldato

It's good in a way that there is no hand holding but I'd like a few more tweaks here and there. A bit more flexible fast travel, some extra clues to some of the quests and less faffing with weight and inventory.

Not sure I'm loving the archer. There are times I feel like a fly against some of the large monsters.
There is an NPC in the city that gives you quest clues for 50G.

Associate

I Feel like i did this the correct way around then :D. Going on Horizon after this.

Also at the end/credits scene, for those who get there. Once the credits end, it forces you back to the main menu, if you get my meaning. So Yeah i need to reload last save later on.

Tried to not say anything. But i've been super enjoying it. Wasn't sure about mystic spearhand, even though pre-game i thought for sure thats what i wanted to be. Now on Magik Archer.

Soldato
You want to Use Arctic bolt to freeze the suckers then follow up with Sagittate Avelanch into the weakspots. If all that fails the ultimate at expense of health will one shot anything :p

But yeah Thief in general is OP and Melee is more fun imo.
I had literally just changed from Thief to Magick Archer, so I only had the initial skills available.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just finished the main story at level 70. I decided to go back though and do the alternate ending to get the extra content. Now to go and buy some of the better weapons/armour and carry on :D

Associate
I felt in my first play-through i became obsessed with getting through quests asap and not falling foul of the day/night cycle on the road.

Now that i'm geared up/decent level/vocation and know how it'll turn out i'm just enjoying exploring.

Soldato
I felt in my first play-through i became obsessed with getting through quests asap and not falling foul of the day/night cycle on the road.

Now that i'm geared up/decent level/vocation and know how it'll turn out i'm just enjoying exploring.

In hindsight I think ignoring the main quest altogether is the best way to play the game.

I messed that part up as well. I died a few times from fall damage due to being knocked off the Gigantus and He ended up smashing through the Town. In the end I just loaded up the last inn save (Lost a few hours) and ignored that quest until a bit later on. I then used the unmaking arrow on Him to one shot it. The alternate ending is also well worth it though due to the extra content.

Last edited:
Associate
In hindsight I think ignoring the main quest altogether is the best way to play the game.

I messed that part up as well. I died a few times from fall damage due to being knocked off the Gigantus and He ended up smashing through the Town. In the end I just loaded up the last inn save (Lost a few hours) and ignored that quest until a bit later on. I then used the unmaking arrow on Him to one shot it. The alternate ending is also well worth it though due to the extra content.
I think this is the way to go.

Associate

totally agree with this!! I am absolutely loving this game, I havent been enjoying gaming for ages so nice to suddenly feel inspired!

Soldato
I managed to glitch my way through that big locked gate over at Bakbattahl using the warrior charge ability Ravening Lunge.

Actually this ability is the one I've been having the most fun with lately, because you can use it to:
  • Run faster than running normally, by holding it you can just sprint forward for a while. Just be careful not to skewer any NPC's.
  • It picks up enemies on your weapon - which you can then catch and release (into the sea, or over a cliff works well).

Soldato
I managed to glitch my way through that big locked gate over at Bakbattahl using the warrior charge ability Ravening Lunge.

Actually this ability is the one I've been having the most fun with lately, because you can use it to:
  • Run faster than running normally, by holding it you can just sprint forward for a while. Just be careful not to skewer any NPC's.
  • It picks up enemies on your weapon - which you can then catch and release (into the sea, or over a cliff works well).
Have you been through Drabnir's Grotto ? That is the way I went, and it takes you through to the island. It is a bit of a maze and I think there are a couple of boss fights, but there is some good loot (There is a good Warrior body armour piece in a chest, along with a good Fighter weapon).

There is a good drake farming spot as well north of the volcanic island if you take the middle path. You are probably aware of it, but thought I would mention it. Fought it a few times and it never tries to escape. It is usually on the beach area, but it can sometimes spawn up on the hill. I usually run with a couple of thieves so that I can try and steal crystals etc from it. There is also a campsite right near it, but you could easily just run back to the village.

Last edited:
Soldato
Drabnir's grotto was the original way I went, and then the way I had to go back at least once lol. I cleared it out I think when I went through it.

When I glitched through the gate, I went along a bit further as I hadn't explored the other side, and I found the beach and Drake that you mentioned. I killed the drake and then headed on over to the volcano camp.

I've set my port crystal down here because it seems to be much easier to teleport over when needed. I'm currently back at Bakbattahl pursuing another quest. I need to see if this place has it's own permanent port crystal because I find getting here currently requires me to run, or to port to Vermund and then take a couple of connecting oxcarts via the Checkpoint place.

Funnily enough, my going through the grotto was an accident, I was heading to a dragon, and got side-tracked. I think this is when the game it as it's best, when you're just going down a route and you don't know what you'll find at the other side of it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom