*** Offical Dragon's Dogma 2 Thread ***

Soldato
Had another good few hours on this last night only level 13, but really starting to enjoy it. Especially now I've learnt how to obtain skills and upgrade them etc. This game definitely puts you on edge if you're travelling at night and are low on supplies & health just trying to make your way back to town from a quest. And those lizard things with the spears are a real nuisance!

Game is running great majority of the time, but I do get quite a bit of stuttering when in the main city, even though my fps sits at 60.

Soldato
Had another good few hours on this last night only level 13, but really starting to enjoy it. Especially now I've learnt how to obtain skills and upgrade them etc. This game definitely puts you on edge if you're travelling at night and are low on supplies & health just trying to make your way back to town from a quest. And those lizard things with the spears are a real nuisance!

Game is running great majority of the time, but I do get quite a bit of stuttering when in the main city, even though my fps sits at 60.
The key with the Saurians (Lizards) is to try and attack them from behind, and chop the tail off. If you have a thief then they can usually do that with the fast attack speed. There are different variants of the Saurians as well :D

I found it a struggle early game, but it is a lot smoother going once you start to level up and get better gear/skills. I actually don't mind travelling at night anymore :D Even at level 57 though, there are still some tanky enemies.

Soldato
Wrapped game up at 122 hours at level 118, gawd hurts not getting that parity :o. One of few games recently got 100% achievements on though do hope any additional DLC adds more story imo. One of the weaker aspects along with lots of very similar enemies.

One thing, remembering first seeker coin has been mentioned a few times. Another is your main Pawn does have an affinity to you! only changes slight aspect end game, but if your someone who likes everything to be aligned before going into end game worth doing. You cannot give gifts, so you levels them up by small talking, haircuts, fist bumping after battles and going to hot springs. timer restarts after every 10 mins. If you kill them or throw them into the brine you lose affinity. Admittedly I had to chuck mine in the brine like 4 times due to getting the plague :cry: Can tell when pawn has affinity as it smiles away and blushes whenever you talk to it.

Soldato
Admittedly I had to chuck mine in the brine like 4 times due to getting the plague :cry: Can tell when pawn has affinity as it smiles away and blushes whenever you talk to it.
Not sure if my game is bugged with the Dragonplague mechanic. I hired a Capcom pawn out in the wilds (Due to one of my other pawns falling off a cliff) and I immediately got the Dragonplague popup warning. So I dismissed that one pretty sharpish, but I haven't seen any symptoms with my pawns even after fighting numerous Drakes and resting at my house in Vernworth or Battahl. I must have rested 20+ times since then.

Soldato
The key with the Saurians (Lizards) is to try and attack them from behind, and chop the tail off. If you have a thief then they can usually do that with the fast attack speed. There are different variants of the Saurians as well :D

I found it a struggle early game, but it is a lot smoother going once you start to level up and get better gear/skills. I actually don't mind travelling at night anymore :D Even at level 57 though, there are still some tanky enemies.

Yeah I ran into the fire variant of them last night while going through a tunnel at night, which also contained an ogre, and the standard saurians too, was a bit of a challenge :D

Soldato
Not sure if my game is bugged with the Dragonplague mechanic. I hired a Capcom pawn out in the wilds (Due to one of my other pawns falling off a cliff) and I immediately got the Dragonplague popup warning. So I dismissed that one pretty sharpish, but I haven't seen any symptoms with my pawns even after fighting numerous Drakes and resting at my house in Vernworth or Battahl. I must have rested 20+ times since then.

If you get rid of the pawn fast enough then its a non issue in passing on the infection I gather. So like you, first time I got the message, I got rid of the pawn straight away and was fine. I imagine from now on, if you get a pawn from rift or continue fighting more drakes will start seeing a chance of getting it.

Associate
The first time that warning comes up does that mean someone's starting to get it in your group?
Yes, it does. When you get that message one of your pawns ( inc. main ) has dragon plague. It's the same for any affliction/debuff ... the first time you are exposed to it the game gives you a warning/tutorial specific to that condition.

Associate
I got a tutorial popup about the plague if that's the warning after grabbing a new pawn randomly from a rift stone very late into the game. I didn't really notice anything out of the ordinary during my play time. The pawns say (many times!) that those affected stop listening to your commands. Is that all it is?

Associate
I got a tutorial popup about the plague if that's the warning after grabbing a new pawn randomly from a rift stone very late into the game. I didn't really notice anything out of the ordinary during my play time. The pawns say (many times!) that those affected stop listening to your commands. Is that all it is?
No, it gets a lot worse than that. Eventually, if you don't get rid of them, they end up morphing into a dragon whilst you rest overnight at an inn and kill all the NPCs in the town/village you're in. Can seriously derail a playthrough if some quest NPCs die.

Last edited:
Soldato
It’s worth noting that only ONE single pawn in your team at a time can have Dragon’s Plague. I made the mistake of throwing all my pawns into the brine to “cure” them of the plague but only one had red eyes. That was not an easy journey to the next rift stone alone :cry:

I needn’t have bothered being that drastic. The next time I noted symptoms in one of my pawns, I knew it would not manifest until I slept and kept them alive. I later noticed the symptoms shifted to another pawn and the first pawn went back to normal.

If you notice your pawn coming back scarred it means they have died with other “masters”. You need to bring them to the rejuvenation springs on the Volcanic Island (not easy to get to). I don’t set pawn quests and might turn off MP so nobody gets my pawn because it’s clear some ******** hire your pawn and punish them because you didn’t put a quest and reward on for hiring them. While it’s nice to get 10,000g reward for killing an Ogre, that’s not why I hire pawns. I look for a mage with levitation and the ability to cure afflictions (blight, poison etc). Or a mage with a good mix of offensive abilities rather than just fire for example.

Also the player made pawns available for hire really do show the sad state of most video gaming. Almost all if them are scantily clad skinny young white women. I end up with a group of scantily clad skinny white women because that tends to be 90% of your choice. So even if you go looking for a Beastren or a capable male pawn, it is impossible.

Last edited:
Soldato
What a terrible game mechanic. Can see why it's been modded out.

If you mean dragons plague then I disagree. I find it quite a good little distraction and that it adds another RPG element to the game. The people complaining about it is because they failed to listen to or notice the clues it was happening right in front of them. They complain they got punished for their own mistakes and blame the game.

Afflicted Pawns start saying things like “stop telling me what to do, I know what I’m doing”. Or they refuse to follow orders to rejoin and even sit down on the ground. If you tell them to wait and notice them holding their head in their hands like they are in pain. Then finally the red eyes are a telltale sign.

Every once in a while tell them to “wait” and observe their behaviour. You could also talk to them so you can look at their eyes for the redness.

Frankly if players aren’t noticing all or any of the above it’s not the game mechanics that are a failure. I have 120 hours in the game and have noticed these signs a few times and always took action to avoid the “rogue” pawns killing key NPCs.

Last edited:
Soldato
It’s worth noting that only ONE single pawn in your team at a time can have Dragon’s Plague. I made the mistake of throwing all my pawns into the brine to “cure” them of the plague but only one had red eyes. That was not an easy journey to the next rift stone alone :cry:

I needn’t have bothered being that drastic. The next time I noted symptoms in one of my pawns, I knew it would not manifest until I slept and kept them alive. I later noticed the symptoms shifted to another pawn and the first pawn went back to normal.

If you notice your pawn coming back scarred it means they have died with other “masters”. You need to bring them to the rejuvenation springs on the Volcanic Island (not easy to get to). I don’t set pawn quests and might turn off MP so nobody gets my pawn because it’s clear some ******** hire your pawn and punish them because you didn’t put a quest and reward on for hiring them. While it’s nice to get 10,000g reward for killing an Ogre, that’s not why I hire pawns. I look for a mage with levitation and the ability to cure afflictions (blight, poison etc). Or a mage with a good mix of offensive abilities rather than just fire for example.

Also the player made pawns available for hire really do show the sad state of most video gaming. Almost all if them are scantily clad skinny young white women. I end up with a group of scantily clad skinny white women because that tends to be 90% of your choice. So even if you go looking for a Beastren or a capable male pawn, it is impossible.

At the major rift stone with advanced search function you can filter out by Human / Beastren and then by male / female. Find that works pretty fine to get capable male pawns. Can also add in specific spells they should know to filter easier, seems to work fine even at my level where choice is getting less and less. That said Capcom seem to be feeding into it to some extent, The corset for example you can get pretty easy and use on any class, so chuck on a mage and it has better stats in most areas then any other mage Armor (even inc trousers) bar post game ones.

Associate
I’m struggling to get into it at the moment, I really don’t like how the camera works in the game. It feels really weird and I don’t feel in control at all compared to other 3rd person games (like Horizon Forbidden West which I’m playing at the moment as well)

Hopefully a mod will be able to sort it out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom