Poll: Official 2024 Bahrain Grand Prix Thread - International Circuit, Sakhir - Round 1

Rate the Bahrain Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Anyone see Tusnoda acting like a total cretin after the race had finished and almost purposely crashing into his team mate ? Danny Ric even called him a helmet for it.

Not only is he bang average driver but he's got severe attitude and anger management issues.

RB = Raging Bulls?

Man of Honour
Max doesn't live rent-free in my head like he does yours, but I'm the one who needs to get a grip :)
What do you even mean by that?? not all of us here are super serious about everything that's said... OMG they say Max should get injured OMG

seriously calm down fella

Soldato
I think I enjoy not actually being a real fan of any team or driver, I have some I like but honestly I watch the sport for the sport even during the dull years of Schumacher or Hamilton dominance, there's always the odd good race (2023 aside maybe to be fair).

I miss the 90/00's when the sport felt far less partisan than it is now; its not football. Before we could admire the technical innovation of the cars and appreciate the engineering behind the cars without it turning into uninformed morons (I blame Drive to Survive for a lot of it) just claiming this and that team are clearly cheating, etc it, etc.

Its not as exciting as it was, but if you want crazy races, crashes, etc then its probably time to watch BTCC or Indycar (although Indy can be a bit dull too at times)
Agreed, I still though follow all the technical and engineering side of F1 as much as I did back when I first started watching F1 in the early '70's. It is still a feat of human resources to compete in f1, but also luck plays a huge part just as much as it was back then. To be able to win a F1 race, let alone a championship it takes an enormous effort from everyone involved and I think some just don't understand this and view the current dominance just down to having a faster car. If only it was that easy.
The whole of the race weekend is still fascinating to me, despite the criticism some races might be 'dull'. But then being a petrol head, if you put a ice in a vacuum cleaner it would still get me excited.
It is sad though that there are individuals that have this tribal football mentality towards other fans. But we probably shouldn't go any further into that one...

Last edited:
Soldato
I think I enjoy not actually being a real fan of any team or driver, I have some I like but honestly I watch the sport for the sport even during the dull years of Schumacher or Hamilton dominance, there's always the odd good race (2023 aside maybe to be fair).

I miss the 90/00's when the sport felt far less partisan than it is now; its not football. Before we could admire the technical innovation of the cars and appreciate the engineering behind the cars without it turning into uninformed morons (I blame Drive to Survive for a lot of it) just claiming this and that team are clearly cheating, etc it, etc.

Its not as exciting as it was, but if you want crazy races, crashes, etc then its probably time to watch BTCC or Indycar (although Indy can be a bit dull too at times)
i hear you but this is still a sport and in sport you generally support/cheer on a team

Caporegime

I have switched to NASCAR and it is a breath of fresh air after watching F1 for 30 years. (Haven't watched a live F1 race since that race fixing in 21). I went to watch BTCC at brands last year and it was highly enjoyable. Mainly because of how accessible it was compared to how F1 has gotten now.

It is a sad state of affairs when I find the off the field antics more enjoyable than the racing.

It also doesn't help that there are zero characters on the grid now. 90% are silver spoon kids and whilst that has always been the case for a lot of the drivers the ratio is way off now. Schumacher, Vettel, Button etc all came from "normal" stock so to speak.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Eurgh, pretty dull.

The RB is clearly loads quicker than any other car in the race.

Merc overheating when it wasn't even that hot is pretty amateurish.

Looks like not very much has changed since last year, other than Alpine becoming mega ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom