Poll: Official 2024 Bahrain Grand Prix Thread - International Circuit, Sakhir - Round 1

Rate the Bahrain Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Today was a snoozefest.... The only interest came from positions 2-8... even Nando had a poor day... Perez finishes so far behind it reinforces the need for a replacement but Danny Ricc was pretty average too...

Well earned DOTD for the Smooth Operator

Caporegime
2/10 for any other race
3/10 cause it's season opener.

Dull as dishwasher. Not really any different to how last season ended.

Its a shame, if max wasn't in it, f1 one would be great for the win/wdc

Last edited:
Caporegime
Half of the races last year I watched on YouTube highlights

This is the way.
Shame you can't see the poll on here without voting.

If its 8 average, watch it. If it's a 3,youtube.

The cars were basically funneled into performance order rather effectively.

As someone here said.. When perez can get second and max cruised to 20 sec lead... Says it all really.

Caporegime
Ryan Reynolds and co must be livid, basically watching their investment get thrown in a blender.

I don't think I can support the team anymore. It's not because they are at the back. It's because management are horrendous. Anyone above (and there's a lot of them) the team boss is just a joke.

Worst run and now worst performing team. Maybe they will bail. Might be for the best.

Associate
I don't think I can support the team anymore. It's not because they are at the back. It's because management are horrendous. Anyone above (and there's a lot of them) the team boss is just a joke.

Worst run and now worst performing team. Maybe they will bail. Might be for the best.
The whole Otmar thing was bad enough last year.
Now this on debut race of the season, marked with the state of their engine, embarrassing to say the least.

Caporegime
The whole Otmar thing was bad enough last year.
Now this on debut race of the season, marked with the state of their engine, embarrassing to say the least.

For me it goes all way back to the time Ocon was signed on a 3 year. I can't remember how bad behind the scenes was then. But since that time you've had a turn style of staff. And it was a terrible decision to get him for 3 years.

Its gotten worse. Im actually horrified by how senior seem to treat the team boss and surrounding roles.
Some ridiculous "100 race plan" nonsense.

Worst engine, terrible and declining car. Horrible team persona.

I said it in another thread. Would any new fans be drawn in by alpine? Not on merit. I can't imagine.

Even with Williams take over, and them at the back. They were likable.
Haas even had personality.
Even TR.
Alpine? No. Just cold as ice. Otmar was fine. Lucky escape really for him.

Last edited:
Associate
I said it in another thread. Would any new fans be drawn in by alpine? Not on merit. I can't imagine.
They went after the french fans and well I cant imagine any french fan wants to be a fan of them.
Agree with everything else you said. That engine is truly woeful, imagine where RB would be if they didnt ditch Renault

Associate
The story of the season looks to be how Ferrari, Mercedes and McLaren fare in the development race and compete for P2-4 in the WCC.

Red Bull look to be well clear, you have three teams (and maybe Aston Martin if Bahrain was an outlier) extremely close to each other.

Caporegime
They went after the french fans and well I cant imagine any french fan wants to be a fan of them.
Agree with everything else you said. That engine is truly woeful, imagine where RB would be if they didnt ditch Renault
Probably creating a nice spectacle for us,

Maybe the winning constructor should have the Renault engine. Like penalty to balance the field!

Tbh it's such a disappointment.
One of the things thay kept me watching was because I supported a team. When race is boring though and the team you have supported for over 2 decades is a shell of what it once was.. Its hard to watch.

I had a spare evening today, and it was opener. So I did watch it.

Associate
What is perez excuse?

His literally racing in the same car as max... Whilst leclerc, alonso, Hamilton etc all on different car and have beaten perez last season here and there...
He’s in a different class. Very few F1 drivers are exceptional.

People saying the race would have been exciting without Max are living in a fantasy world. Cameras barely showed Max so you saw every worthwhile battle, and therefore found those boring.

Associate
I had a spare evening today, and it was opener. So I did watch it.
Apologies for your afternoon, as for your story, sorry to see it. Although happens to all teams and sportsmen one day, the drop off.
Shame it's been bought on by bad investment and bad management.

Caporegime
Apologies for your afternoon, as for your story, sorry to see it. Although happens to all teams and sportsmen one day, the drop off.
Shame it's been bought on by bad investment and bad management.

Lots of pushes away for me

Lots of f1tv (ie VPN blocking)
Decline of alpine as a team (not position on track, the aforementioned politics)
Processional races
No one I know in real life likes it (no one to chat too)

If I'm honest I'll probably always follow it as I watch nearly no sport. But probably more casual. Or if I have nothing to do on a Sunday evening. Youtube highlights are super short.

Its kind of sad as it has been great at times. Lots of memories too.

Not sure why f1 is so hard to give up. So many of us moan. But keep coming back

Associate
Lots of pushes away for me

Lots of f1tv (ie VPN blocking)
Decline of alpine as a team (not position on track, the aforementioned politics)
Processional races
No one I know in real life likes it (no one to chat too)

If I'm honest I'll probably always follow it as I watch nearly no sport. But probably more casual. Or if I have nothing to do on a Sunday evening. Youtube highlights are super short.

Its kind of sad as it has been great at times. Lots of memories too.

Not sure why f1 is so hard to give up. So many of us moan. But keep coming back

Literally I have one person I speak to about F1 these days, my sister's partner and that's it, even still I must see them every couple months so not a given opportunity too.
I truly started turning off when it went to sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom