Poll: Official 2024 Chinese Grand Prix Race Thread - Shanghai International Circuit - Race 5/24

Rate the China race out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Think you're confused there. My point is that since they've been teammates George has done as well as and with those wins maybe even better than Lewis.
So I don't see why someone would think he should be humble, let's not mention there's no such a thing as a humble F1 drivers.
No I don't see your point at all. You don't judge 2 and a bit seasons based on the single weekend that they had a race winning car where George very slightly outperformed Lewis, and even then it looked like Lewis had the better race pace. In 23 George was completely outclassed and in 22 Lewis was still clearly the better driver even though George had more points, so it's a bit ridiculous to claim that George has done just as well overall due to the first 5 races of this season.

Soldato
I'm sure teams consider preferred driving styles but highly doubt they're building a car around 1 particular driver, or even favouring 1 particular driver unless they have a clear understanding of their car, and that car is a top performer e.g. RB.
I honestly believe the RB is designed with no one in mind and Newey only cares about making it as fast as possible. Its then up to the driver to make it work with the minimal available setup choices. This is where Max comes in, I'm not particularly a fan but he's a beast. And as I've said previously i believe he is one of the very few drivers that can drive whatever is beneath him and get the absolute most out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom