Official EA SPORTS FC 24 Thread

Soldato
It's the inconsistency that ruins it for me - when I want an easy game to complete some objectives the game seems to actively work against what you are trying to achieve!

I've just played a squad battles game against a 70-rated team with zero chem on World Class difficulty - for context I can usually put about 15 past a team of this sort of rating - struggled to even get the ball and barely managed a 2-1 win - not achieving any of my goals for the Evo objective! :mad:

Don
It's the inconsistency that ruins it for me - when I want an easy game to complete some objectives the game seems to actively work against what you are trying to achieve!

I've just played a squad battles game against a 70-rated team with zero chem on World Class difficulty - for context I can usually put about 15 past a team of this sort of rating - struggled to even get the ball and barely managed a 2-1 win - not achieving any of my goals for the Evo objective! :mad:

Just play on semi-pro, score your goals, put the controller down. Easy, no one actually enjoys playing the AI, make it easy for yourself!

Man of Honour
I prefer to tailor the skill level so it's a more competitive match (but not to the extent that I lose barring a freak result) and get to elite1 quicker.
You just have to accept that in perhaps 5% of games you'll get a randomly strong opponent, maybe it's the tactics they are setup with or something I'm not sure.

Soldato

Yeah Fifa has always been terrible for this, the problem is it’s so obvious! Players missing simple chances or bronze goalkeepers pulling off world class saves

Soldato
Just play on semi-pro, score your goals, put the controller down. Easy, no one actually enjoys playing the AI, make it easy for yourself!

I usually do play on semi-pro for objectives but when the other team is sub-80 rated I can usually wipe the floor with them on WC!

*edit*

Case in point - score 2 goals with Eder Militao - surely no problem against a 72-rated squad on semi-pro - cue 18 shots in the first half, most fairly simple of the one-on-one type under little or no pressure - let's see if anyone can guess how many goals I scored with him...... :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
I usually do play on semi-pro for objectives but when the other team is sub-80 rated I can usually wipe the floor with them on WC!

*edit*

Case in point - score 2 goals with Eder Militao - surely no problem against a 72-rated squad on semi-pro - cue 18 shots in the first half, most fairly simple of the one-on-one type under little or no pressure - let's see if anyone can guess how many goals I scored with him...... :confused:

I’m going to go with one ?

Soldato
Looks like cuts back are back again after latest patch, Although there was nothing mentioned about it.
I've never really suffered from the cut backs. as soon as they try it I just trigger the 'team-press' by double tapping the 2nd man press button then use my selected player to close him down. At least this way if they beat your player the AI is now marking all the options.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Cutback goals are probably the most realistic thing in fc24, the proportion that get scored is no higher than in real football.

In terms of recent trends, I don't think they are quite as effective as the old days however I've noticed the far post tapin variant has come back in the past week or two whereby players are left unmarked back stick even with double-tap RB

Soldato
Had my first foray into rivals and managed to get into div 7 unbeaten, drew my first game (cheesey stoppage time equaliser) the won every game since

I imagine it will get a bit harder soon but expected it to be tougher, especially considering only the hardcore fut players are left

In other news TOTS in two weeks I believe

Man of Honour
Had my first foray into rivals and managed to get into div 7 unbeaten, drew my first game (cheesey stoppage time equaliser) the won every game since

I imagine it will get a bit harder soon but expected it to be tougher, especially considering only the hardcore fut players are left

In other news TOTS in two weeks I believe
Did you play FUT in older versions of FIFA? If not and you've hit div7 without losing a single game, then you're doing very well, especially as you'll find people smurfing in div7 (hopefully the improved rivals rewards is addressing that a bit). I'm in div4 and lost plenty of games in the lower divs, ironically div4 actually seems easier than div5-6 for some reason.

Associate
I think better rival rewards addressed that issue to some extent. I have stayed in div 6 all year round but since better rewards I have moved to div 2 now and facing lot of players similar to my skill level.

Soldato
Did you play FUT in older versions of FIFA? If not and you've hit div7 without losing a single game, then you're doing very well, especially as you'll find people smurfing in div7 (hopefully the improved rivals rewards is addressing that a bit). I'm in div4 and lost plenty of games in the lower divs, ironically div4 actually seems easier than div5-6 for some reason.

Yeah I’ve been a pretty hardcore FUT player since about fifa 17, just didn’t expect to do so well seeing as I’ve just picked it up

I did enjoy getting 7 months of my life back though lol

Played a few more games and nearly in div 6

Soldato
I think better rival rewards addressed that issue to some extent. I have stayed in div 6 all year round but since better rewards I have moved to div 2 now and facing lot of players similar to my skill level.
I hope the rewards stay this way in the next EAFC as it actually makes playing rivals worthwhile. I'm currently in Div1 and the rewards give me a decent amount of fodder for sbcs.

Soldato
Yes TOTS from champs this weekend and the timing has been adjusted again to run from 8pm Friday to Tuesday morning

TOTS live cards are an interesting concept as well, I believe they’ll get upgrades based on the remaining games

Back
Top Bottom