**** Official Fallout 4 Thread ****

Caporegime
Apparently loading times in places are way faster due to the mipmap fixes!

yep before update load in 5sec max now 30+++ and i havent any mods

Same my load times went from around 5 seconds to 1-2 minutes. Vanilla game without the HD textures.

:(

Associate
I dont know why but im really disappointed with this update, when it comes to bethesda games im usually the first person to admit i try and see the good in them, as the worlds they create are top level unfortunatly the actual "game" part of the video game always lets them down and they never seem to learn. Once again they will leave it to mods to fix everything they end up breaking.

Caporegime
I'm downloading the pre patch version of Fallout 4 GOTY. I think I'll mod that to max, as this next gen update is many steps back from what mods can do :/. Really no point updating

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I'm downloading the pre patch version of Fallout 4 GOTY. I think I'll mod that to max, as this next gen update is many steps back from what mods can do :/. Really no point updating

Is it easy to do that on steam?

I mean by the time I complete BG3 I think all the mods will be fixed anyway, but still good to know there is an option.

Soldato
I am just getting crash after crash after crash, i thought it was because i loaded an old save, but i tried a new game, and can not even get as far as the guy knocing on the front door, and this on a fresh hard drive

Soldato
I am just getting crash after crash after crash, i thought it was because i loaded an old save, but i tried a new game, and can not even get as far as the guy knocing on the front door, and this on a fresh hard drive
You don't have weapon decals active do you? Known issue on RTX cards.

Uninstalled as I've had my fix again after the show, will be a while before the mods are updated.

Caporegime
Is it easy to do that on steam?

I mean by the time I complete BG3 I think all the mods will be fixed anyway, but still good to know there is an option.

First Fallout 4 Script Extender (F4SE) needs to be updated which could take weeks or even months. Then mods need to be updated to take advantage of the new version of F4SE. Then DLL's from old versions of scripts or ini files will need to be updated. Some mods will work fine, but most use F4SE.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm only bothered about the effect on Fallout London. I was looking forward to that, but now it's delayed for an unknown amount of time because of this update. Update? Sidedate? Waste of bandwidth?

Well it looks like if you want to play Fallout London, you'll still need Fallout 4 next gen, otherwise they would've released it by now and just said don't update, not compatible.... bah :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Correction Gamepass GOTY version is 102GB ish if you have high res textures pack it wants to download the entire game & all the DLC again! :(

Back
Top Bottom