**** Official Fallout 4 Thread ****

Associate
How did they manage to screw this up so much?
There is a reason me and many others call Bethesda "Bugsoft".

The engine is also ancient in just about every way.

The one saving grace is support for the Construction Kit. And that's a major worry for the future. If they go for a more modern engine like UE5 etc., well if that loses the Construction Kit then IMO that would be 1 step forward, 10 steps backwards.

You just have to look at other games on Nexusmods. For instance, TW3 is a fat more polished game with better writing, a better engine etc. but far far worse longevity than Skyrim or FO4, 99% of that is due to the Construction Kit. Almost no quest mods for TW3, for instance.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
RvQOgUW.png

Bethesda are just crap at doing things right first time. Expect months of patching and the usual BS from Todd's mouth.

Associate
I just realised I had always been playing without the HD textures :( downloading now, not sure how I missed that :)
What resolution is this for?
I recall a few yars back when i was playing unless your playing at 4k it was pointless, maybe this has changed?

Associate
What resolution is this for?
I recall a few yars back when i was playing unless your playing at 4k it was pointless, maybe this has changed?
4k, 50gb for minimal effect I removed them, no performance difference either. I'm sure a better texture pack will be updated soon

Soldato
This is all just riding on the success of the TV show.

I feel like Bethesda may have lost the talent that it had back in the Skyrim and FO3 days tbh. The games were always a bit buggy, but the writing and gameplay was there. They keep trying to revive these old games (they released Skyrim 4 times so far?). Starfield ended up being pretty boring and repetitive.

Last edited:
Soldato

I feel like Bethesda may have lost the talent that it had back in the Skyrim and FO3 days tbh. The games were always a bit buggy, but the writing and gameplay was there. They keep trying to revive these old games (they released Skyrim 4 times so far?). Starfield ended up being pretty boring and repetitive.
And to think Skyrim felt like a downgrade from Morrowind and FO 3 like it was made by a beginner modder! :D

Anywaaay,

Associate

You can imagine what happened at Bethesda/Microsoft exec level. No one expected the TV show to be the hit it was, nothing game wise was lined up to capitalise on the huge marketing opportunity and so there was a rush slap dash panic instruction from some Board somewhere to "do something" with the aim to drive even more players numbers so they botch released the HD update.

I do remember some of the reviews when Skyrim and FO4 came out, some core players were disappointed with "dumbing down" . Skyrim went on to be awesome. I've not really got into FO4 yet, despite sinking obscene numbers into 3/NV.

Will be giving FO4 a crack again soon as and when they sort the mods out.

Caporegime
Will be giving FO4 a crack again soon as and when they sort the mods out.

Graphics mods coming in with support :cool:

Soldato
Actually enjoying it this time round. 3 is one of my GOAT games and NV was ok too. I think I'm enjoying it more as I'm just ignoring the settlement building stuff.
The whole distraction by map markers and things I can see in the distance is something I missed from Starfield.
It's basically a totally new game to me as I only ever played about 10h.

Soldato
FO3 was my favourite with FO4 not far behind. I didn’t finish NV as I found it easily the worst of the series (and that includes the turn based originals).

I installed FO4 update but kept getting CTDs so have given up for now. Will happily revisit if the bugs are fixed.

Caporegime
FO3 was my favourite with FO4 not far behind. I didn’t finish NV as I found it easily the worst of the series (and that includes the turn based originals).

I installed FO4 update but kept getting CTDs so have given up for now. Will happily revisit if the bugs are fixed.

Turn off Weapon Debris in settings ;)

Soldato

If you have an RTX card the weapon debris setting crashes the game. I believe it is some nvidia physics (FLEX) tech which is the culprit - turning it off should stop the crashes.

Back
Top Bottom