*** Official Ubiquiti Discussion Thread ***

Man of Honour
Still winds me up that "Pro Max" isn't the top of the range, and "Ultra" means flexibility rather than balls-to-the-wall specs.
That's the issue with using fancy names for products rather than model numbers. I think it's also confusing to those new to the ecosystem. What next? UDM-SE Ultra Mega Pro Maximus? :cry:

Associate
I wonder whether there will be a non rackmount gateway with that Quad-core ARM® Cortex®-A57 at 2.0 GHz processor? I suspect not, if we get anything else with that CPU it will be a variant of the rackmount UXG-Pro. UXG-Pro Max? :D

Soldato
Note sure the Pro Max if aimed at existing SE or Pro owners.

High availability is a rather expensive endeavour for home internet and not sure there is a huge need for raid 1 on protect cameras either. If you did need it, you probably have their dedicated NVR anyway.

Soldato
Note sure the Pro Max if aimed at existing SE or Pro owners.

High availability is a rather expensive endeavour for home internet and not sure there is a huge need for raid 1 on protect cameras either. If you did need it, you probably have their dedicated NVR anyway.

It is not aimed at home users from the videos I've seen. Both have said large deployments and mentioned no PoE, 5Gbps throughput with IDS/IPS.

Man of Honour
OS 4 Early Access has been released for Dream Machines.

Overview​

UniFi OS - Dream Machines 4.0.3 adds support for Automatic Failover for Shadow Mode and improves gateway resiliency.

Bundled application

Improvements​

• Added Automatic Failover for Shadow Mode for the UDM-Pro.
  • Added owner transfers to System logs.
  • Added Identity Standard System Logs.
  • Added IPv6 address support for the local portal.
  • Added system logs when admins reboot the console.
  • Added SNMP support.
  • Allow importing users with email via CSV files.
  • Allow Full Management users to trigger firmware updates.
  • Allow removing and deactivating users/admins when Identity is deactivated.
  • Improved WAN Failover detection.
  • Improved downloading support files.
  • Improved PPPoE stability.
  • Improved DHCP Lease accuracy.
  • Improved initial user list loading speed.
  • Improved internet status checks.
  • Improved UniFi Identity user experience.
  • Improved the stability of WireGuard VPN when using FQDN as the server address.
  • Increased concurrent DNS queries for ad blocking and content filtering.
  • Improved the reliability of issuing static lease IP.
  • Improved the efficiency of initializing IPS/IDS.
  • Improved speed test accuracy.
  • Improved resiliency.
  • Improved SFP link stability after reboots/upgrades.
  • Improved admin/user removal/de-activation user experience.
  • Don't change the timezone automatically after the IP change.
  • Do not send a 'ready to update' notification during backup restore.
  • Disabled weak MAC Algorithm support for ssh.
  • Updated Traffic Identification signatures.
  • Users/Groups now automatically get an invitation after assigning resources to them.
  • Skip password change notifications when enabling SSH.
  • Wake up the touchscreen during night mode when there is an active user session.
  • Don't automatically enable One-Click WiFi when activating Identity.
  • Disable One-Click VPN/WiFI assignment when the service is unavailable.

Bugfixes​

• Fixed high CPU usage due to dnsmasq or honeypot.
  • Fixed rare memory leak.
  • Fixed gateway configuration issues when using OSPF.
  • Fixed an issue where Auto Update settings weren't restored after restoring a backup.
  • Fixed an issue where applications could get stuck in the Install/Uninstall Queue in rare cases.
  • Fixed an issue where the default route could be missing in rare cases.
  • Fixed firewall rule creation issues when multiple ports are specified.
  • Fixed an issue where the Internet MAC Address cannot be set back to the default one.
  • Fixed missing Traffic Identification statistics in larger deployments.
  • Fixed an issue where re-activated admins couldn't reach the console through unifi.ui.com.
  • Fixed rare deadlock issues while using Traffic Identification.
  • Fixed an issue where MAC override doesn't work for some MAC addresses.
  • Fixed a rare case where PPPoE throughput was lower without using 0 for Smart Queues.
  • Fixed an issue where YouTube history didn't work while using Ad Blocking.
  • [UDM] Fixed a WiFi kernel crash.

Known issues​

• Enabling High Availability might fail if it's done directly after adopting the Shadow Gateway, please wait 10/15 minutes after adopting the Shadow Gateway before enabling High Availability.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Updated here, the only issue so far is dark mode has disappeared if accessing locally, apparently it will be added back in a future release.

I also work from home, you guys have no balls. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Man of Honour
Still decent speed with VM.

Clean-Shot-2024-04-29-at-15-53-21.png

Soldato
Updated here, the only issue so far is dark mode has disappeared if accessing locally, apparently it will be added back in a future release.

I also work from home, you guys have no balls. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I take customer calls so I can't have odd drop outs. I do have UDM-P and Cloud Ultra so I could beta test on one but can't see any version 4 features that I would need at the moment.

Soldato
Hi all,
For those with Sky FFTP and Sky Q who initially had issues, how have you got the Q boxes to stay connected to WiFi?

Got a UniFi Express, Sky Q 'main' box (tried Ethernet + WiFi disabled, and WiFi connection) and a handful of 'Mini' boxes (WiFi only, no network points near them) but i'm struggling with getting the Sky Q Mini boxes stable; they stay connected for 10/15 minutes then flake out and i'm having reboot everything to get it working again.
I've read creating a separate 2.4GHz SSID/network for SKY Q and disabling 5GHz on the 'Mini' boxes might work but just wondering if any one here knows of a definitive solution for them and UniFi gear?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
@visibleman do you also have Sonos?

I have Sky Q with Sonos and it was a nightmare at times but I got it all stable in the end. But most issues were Sonos related, I never really had any issues with Sky (I used both wireless and wired).

Associate
Hi all,
For those with Sky FFTP and Sky Q who initially had issues, how have you got the Q boxes to stay connected to WiFi?

Got a UniFi Express, Sky Q 'main' box (tried Ethernet + WiFi disabled, and WiFi connection) and a handful of 'Mini' boxes (WiFi only, no network points near them) but i'm struggling with getting the Sky Q Mini boxes stable; they stay connected for 10/15 minutes then flake out and i'm having reboot everything to get it working again.
I've read creating a separate 2.4GHz SSID/network for SKY Q and disabling 5GHz on the 'Mini' boxes might work but just wondering if any one here knows of a definitive solution for them and UniFi gear?
im using unifi express for my wifi, sky boy stays connected now.
used to disconnect until i created separate 2.4ghz as you said you have done too.

how far is it from the express? may be a weak signal if its too far so it keeps dropping.

Soldato
Cheers guys.

@ChrisD. - No Sonos but have got a few Apple Homepod's dotted around and iirc, they create their own network so perhaps it's a similar issue. Can you remember what you ended up doing with Sonos devices to resolve it all?

@ash888 - Haven't tried the separate SSID/network solution yet because as you can imagine, with the Q boxes falling over it's going down like a lead balloon with the rest of the household so reverted back to the Sky hub for the time being :cry: But will definitely give that whirl when i get a spare hour or so.
Did you end up disabling 5GHz on the Q boxes and are you connecting any of them to ethernet or is it all WiFi only? And have you noticed any issues with the Q boxes being connected to only 2.4GHz, like slow playback etc?

Signal is pretty good from what i can tell though, seems about on par with the Sky hub from quickly roaming the house when it was in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom