Pro Cycling Thread 2023

Soldato
Wonder what on earth is going on at Ineos, Tao GH, Martínez, Sivakov, Tullet and potentially Rodríguez. Looks like they are losing a load of their young talent with little in the way of signings to replace them. I know there are rumours that they are trying to sign Evenepoel but I would have thought as he is under contract, Lefevre would kick up an absolute stink unless a large sum of money was going their way but even then that doesn’t leave QS in a very good state as a team.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Surprised Rodriguez hasn't been announced yet considering he was one of the first to be talked about leaving until his performance at the tdf. and with the exception of Tao although he only really came good this year after 2 years of mediocrity I'd say most of the riders have been a bit disappointing. Sivakov brought in to win gc or be that last mountain domestique and barely done it, same with martinez apart from last year's giro, tullett not really seen much of him, but as a smaller rider be interesting to see what he does. Think they're big time interested in remco or Pog if they can buy out either contract and no doubt trying to budget accordingly for that and the support they will require.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Haha yeah thought exactly the same. If that was in the heat of the moment can understand it but saying it a week after the event not too clever.

Soldato
OP
If that was the case, why do all other stages finish so early in comparison?
Because it's safer to run a short tt in a city centre apparently at that time of night. Not accounting for the fact it may not have horrific weather and therefore no light. Ie stupidity. Not the first time a vuelta tt has had an evening Stert and ran out of light because the weather was less than ideal.

Soldato
OP
Jonas likes hills doesn't he.

How are TJV so strong?!
I can't help but be highly suspicious of anything they're doing. No team has been this dominant unless under the influence of some sort of PED. it may be that what they have found is not currently illegal but give it a few years and it'll be banned.

Soldato
I’ve no doubt they’re pushing the boundaries and Vingegaard’s trajectory is pretty nuts but the other side is they’ve got loads of money and have spent it wisely. Bit like Sky a few years ago, they have domestiques who would be genuine GC contenders in other teams (as Kuss is showing currently).

The interesting thing is what happens when riders leave JV - I can’t think of many high profile examples yet but it would be interesting to see how their careers go afterwards.

Soldato
I wouldn't mind being a fly in the Jumbo Visma bus tonight.

If I was Kuss I would be ****** off if my team mates attacked me, although Kuss looked like he was starting to run out of juice. G called it saying that Jonas and Rog didn’t come to the race to potter around to protect Kuss so expect Kuss to be attacked by them

edit: looks like they wanted to get the win for NvH as he was involved in a car crash with his pregnant wife.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom