Rebel Moon | Netflix

Soldato
Just finished it. Felt completely rushed, with no depth to character. Really weak and generic story with some terrible acting 3/10 because Sofia is smokin.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Man this is written by a child and cliché

I love 40k so I can get onboard aesthetically for some of it, other bits are eye rolling cringe.....
How could you be proud watching this in editing it for release, it's shameful.

God damn..... I'm sad, I could honestly write better. I'm a dyslexic moron.

Last edited:
Soldato
I thought the cinema cut of Sucker Punch was really good* but the directors cut with the musical numbers was absolutely trash!

*again, massive Snyder visual style fan here.

Associate
Seems there's a reason why Disney declined this film. And considering Disney's recent spate of poor films this is really saying something.

Thank the lord this wasn't stamped with star wars

Soldato
They even copied from avengers where like Thanos, someone comes to that lead woman's planet, kills everyone and takes her as his daughter. She then fights for him to a certain degree

Soldato
OP
Finally watched it last night, visually it looked well for the most part however I did notice that someone seems to have gone nuts with the blur filter in certain scenes for the backgrounds that became distracting, I'll watch part 2 but with 2 hours build up I can't say I'm hyped to watch it.

Caporegime
Made it to the end, thought it was an ok movie some really good bits and awesome sci-fi action. But what really put me off was the effects because of the camera/lens used. There was one point whereby both were standing at the river, she was completely clear in 4k but the person next to her was almost blurred out. This happened throughout, with sharp scenes intermixed with blurryness. Didn't work for me :(

Caporegime
We have gotten to a point in society where nothing original is made anymore.

Peaky blinders bad guy and a griffen from Harry Potter? It is almost like they just watched a load of movies one day and just put bits of it into a blender and made a film.

I worry for the future of Sci-Fi.

Soldato
Just watched it and tbh i enjoyed it. Thought it was pretty good and don't agree with a lot of the above comments.

Its not a hollywood blockbuster so i really don't know what people expect.

The story was good enough, the acting was fine and the effects were brilliant.

Then again i loved dracula untold which according to everyone in the world was rubbish lol

Last edited:
Associate
Watched most of it at 1.5 speed cause it was so boring and slow. Ignoring the unbelievable girl boss characters...... the characters were all so dull and lacked personality and nothing about the story was original.

The acting was painful to watch, the fight scenes were pathetic. It's probably just as well no big name or talented actors were involved, would have been a waste.

Soldato
My completely unbiased ;) review - 6/10 - Flawed but fantastic in equal measures. If you don't like Snyder's "style" you'll hate this film as thats almost the only thing which makes it passable to watch, if you're a fan.

Lets start with the flawed - almost anything said by any character and pretty much the entire plot, which is simply another "Magnificent 7 in Space" knock-off with chunks of other sci-fi/westerns thrown in. It's mentioned above a few times above about "girl bosses" which is something Snyder has liked to do since pre-"woke" times so I don't mind it so much but the whole "all the baddies are white men with South African accents (I mean come on thats a little on the nose dude) and all the heroes are minorities" trope is very strong here but it does match the M7 vibe of similar looking Mexican bad guys vs an eclectic mix of various good guys.

Then the Fantastic - Aside from a few bits of weak CGI it's visually stunning, with lots of practical sets/effects/props included for realism. The much hated "Slo-mo" really works to intensify the emotions of the scene but Snyder does like to reuse the same iconic shots over and over again across his films (the long jump with a spear to stab something or to land on a beast/vehicle) which can start to lose its WOW factor after a while. Being such a basic story, told a million times before, is also a benefit to me, as we already know the rough outline of events so we don't need to spend hours on character development or world building when we already get a good 10 minutes spent on each of the many "hired" characters and a solid slab on the main hero, even though generally the acting is poor.

I can understand some of the complaints about this posted in the many reviews above, but with some complaints I'm just not seeing the same issue at all. In fact I'm looking forward to Part 2 and expecting more of the same, another 6/10 film hated by many :D.

Last edited:
Caporegime
yep highlight of the film for me is definitely a slow motion rasta man stabbing a giant space Apache gunship to literally death which makes complete sense on no levels... And is the 3rd or so use of the same shot in the film so far.....

Caporegime
The whole flying eagle scene was so pointless was going to give up at that point :)

It is basically the bet scene with the Anakin Skywalker pod race from Episode 1 but someone took a load of acid and decided to remix it with a Harry Potter griffen.

The more I think about the movie the more ludicrous the whole film is.

The whole Thanos taking the kid thing. Etc etc.

Even the way the ship crashed is basically a rip off of the super star destroyer going down but instead of an A wing you have a dude with a spear.

Back
Top Bottom