S2000 owners advice

Don
Yea if you want it to hold it's value or appreciate, keep it standard.
It depends on what the mods are.
I've changed the intake on mine and had the exhaust mod done as well as changed the speakers and headunit, and added an OE replica spoiler. I'll be addind an OE lip as soon as I can find one. These are all reversable but are mods that aren't forwned upon. Silly spoilers, big bodykits, dustbin-sized exhausts, etc. are the things that really hurt values.

Last edited:
Soldato
It depends on what the mods are.
I've changed the intake on mine and had the exhaust mod done as well as changed the speakers and headunit, and added an OE replica spoiler. I'll be addind an OE lip as soon as I can find one. These are all reversable but are mods that aren't forwned upon. Silly spoilers, big bodykits, dustbin-sized exhausts, etc. are the things that really hurt values.
fullcartuning company in NL stock a good replica. I know a few people with it, around £150 shipped I believe it was, fits well etc. The only oem one you can get is this : https://wbperformance.co.uk/s2000-ap2-front-lip---pre-painted-berlina---available-now-40613-p.asp

but add paint etc and you'll be tickling £1k for the lip alone.

talking about ruined S2000's..

I2Az3Wu.jpeg

peachy ;)

Last edited:
Don
fullcartuning company in NL stock a good replica. I know a few people with it, around £150 shipped I believe it was, fits well etc. The only oem one you can get is this : https://wbperformance.co.uk/s2000-ap2-front-lip---pre-painted-berlina---available-now-40613-p.asp

but add paint etc and you'll be tickling £1k for the lip alone.
Thanks. I'm really struggling to justify the cost on an OE one. I mean, the fitment will be perfect but we're talking a huge difference in cost. Can I live with slightly off fitment? I guess I can try a replica and if it annoys me I've not lost a lot.

Man of Honour
I tried a replica on mine and by the time the bodyshop ****** about trying to get the thing to fit properly, the cost difference between that and OEM was not huge. Had I the option again, I'd pay for the OEM one.

Soldato
Thanks. I'm really struggling to justify the cost on an OE one. I mean, the fitment will be perfect but we're talking a huge difference in cost. Can I live with slightly off fitment? I guess I can try a replica and if it annoys me I've not lost a lot.
there are some bad replicas around that need a lot of work to fit around the corners of the bumper, but, the one from fullcartuning is meant to be the best one around and a few people on s2k uk group had no trouble fitting it.

Don
there are some bad replicas around that need a lot of work to fit around the corners of the bumper, but, the one from fullcartuning is meant to be the best one around and a few people on s2k uk group had no trouble fitting it.
Thanks. I've ordered it. Will let you know how I get on. I'll fit it first, unpainted and if the fit is good I'll do the paint myself. I have the kit to do it and have already bought the OE weatherseal.

Last edited:
Soldato
Mentions suspension mod of some sort

*Just noticed it's doesn't have the hard top which I feel for the asking price of £20K, it probably should have?

Last edited:
Soldato
Uhh ohh. A really nice one just popped up in Bristol (not far) but it's 2008 so higher tax but it looks the part and has the lip etc..

Thoughts? Worth the extra?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202403278009630
Interior is nice.

From photos :

Front lip is a rep, blended into the bumper
Drivers door, rear bumper etc look very orange peely so I presume resprayed.. which is no bad thing but I wonder why.

Soldato
Interior is nice.

From photos :

Front lip is a rep, blended into the bumper
Drivers door, rear bumper etc look very orange peely so I presume resprayed.. which is no bad thing but I wonder why.

See.. from a distance it looked the part, and now I see what you mean. Interesting!

I didn't notice it wasn't the GT/Hard top when I first posted, and for £20k that almost feels a bit steep without

Don
How are these actually fitted? Adhesive or bolted to the original somehow? Excuse my ignorance, never had any sort of body work done on cars
They attach underneath to the same points the undertray mounts to the bottom of the bumper. They also mount with screws to the wheel arch and then adhesive tape at the top to bring it flush.

Soldato
Thanks. I've ordered it. Will let you know how I get on. I'll fit it first, unpainted and if the fit is good I'll do the paint myself. I have the kit to do it and have already bought the OE weatherseal.

nice one! if you search "Fullcartuning" in the s2k uk group, a few guys have had them fitted without issues so should be good. That weatherseal makes it all better too as it can close the small gaps around the edges.

See.. from a distance it looked the part, and now I see what you mean. Interesting!

I didn't notice it wasn't the GT/Hard top when I first posted, and for £20k that almost feels a bit steep without

yeah that's steep! 15k and I'd be ok with it but 20k is a pristine S2000 money in my opinion.

Soldato
I love the red roof against the grey.. never seen one like that before

Had my roof replaced with a red one from Jack Smith trimmers. I thought it looked great against moonrock!

Mine was a 2007 though and has higher mileage (also non-GT, but black interior). I checked the MOT history and it would appear to be on the road still with the higher mileage. I wouldn’t think it was the same one, but always nice to see a similar car! Wouldn’t go near my old car for £20,000 unless a few things had been sorted properly though! The paint condition would fit with some of the previous action that mine had seen…!

Edit - that’s from the last time I saw the saw when I swapped it for my 911.
j41By4y.jpeg

Have another for good measure!
ONTwzH8.jpeg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Uhh ohh. A really nice one just popped up in Bristol (not far) but it's 2008 so higher tax but it looks the part and has the lip etc..

Thoughts? Worth the extra?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202403278009630
Front bumper looks weird, no numberplate holes, no washers. Looks lowered.
It's aftermarket. Looks like a mohair item from that guy in Wales.
He did mine, rude **** if I'm honest but cheap. The material wasn't the greatest. This is going back sometime though, Jack I think?

Man of Honour
Honestly with all the ones posted I'd be after that red one. I wouldn't let a local/independent garage servicing it put me off, it's a Honda 4 pot not a Nissan GT-R. I would however get an independent inspection arranged to ascertain the state underneath and the suspension bushes.

Soldato
Front bumper looks weird, no numberplate holes, no washers. Looks lowered.

He did mine, rude **** if I'm honest but cheap. The material wasn't the greatest. This is going back sometime though, Jack I think?
Yeah I noticed the number plate too. Maybe it uses one of those tacky off centre brackets :D

Didn't notice the washers.

Thanks all for closer inspection, this one isn't as good as it originally seemed and the price is too steep. I want to settle for one no higher than 15-17k at most really

Back
Top Bottom