*** Samsung Galaxy Z Fold Thread (it can fold and everything) ***

Associate
Yup my inner screen failed once on my Fold4, Samsung store refused to fix it saying there was a nick on the hinge, which there was, but it was the tiniest thing, phone had not been dropped or anything, can only assume it happened in my pocket, some times I forget an put keys in same pocket :rolleyes: the in store experience I had really put me off Samsung as there was no way that had caused the screen to fail, I took a punt on sending it off to Samsung for warranty repair, I had nothing to loose, fortunately they fixed it.

My only change would be a wider front screen

That has been my main annoyance it's just too small, in a rash impulse I have just took a punt on the Honor Magic V2, seemed like a tidy bundle for a good price after the discounts and early bird bundle, it has not arrived yet but should address the key failings of the fold somewhat, the front screen, weight and chunkiness. Downsides it's not Samsung, I like One UI and Dex, so I may not own it long, despite those improvements :D

Last edited:
Associate
When my daughters Flip4 broke after a drop we picked up a cheap Honor 70 Lite to tide her over whilst we waited for insurance repair, so I have exposure to the Magic OS, it's OK, it didn't put me off, not the highest accolade :D it's more how well the multitasking works and whether they have put the work in to use the tablet screen, Samsung did a top job, I am regularly using 2 to three things at a time on the Fold and its triple split is great, time will tell how much I miss those options and just simple stuff like the small windows like app bar I use all the time.

Samsung have been tragic in updating the Fold, it should be folding in three by now like their patent, a proper ZFold.

Last edited:
Soldato
6.1 out, they've dicked with the nav buttons, you now swipe in from the left or right to go back, slow swipe up for open apps and normal swipe up to close yet the on screen nav button option is exactly as it was pre update.

Soldato
6.1 out, they've dicked with the nav buttons, you now swipe in from the left or right to go back, slow swipe up for open apps and normal swipe up to close yet the on screen nav button option is exactly as it was pre update.

if it's anything like the S24 version, you can get back the old nav by installing NavStar using Goodlock.

Back
Top Bottom