Show us your kitty cats

Soldato
That is so sad, I'm so sorry.....cats like that feel like they are part of the family when they come and visit. We had two of our cats run over, worst feeling in the world. Last one somebody posted on facebook that there is dead cat next to the road and that they covered it with a blanket.
Mrs woke me up and said Clemmie is not here and there was cat run over. I will never forget the feeling of finding her there and carrying her home in my arms. She was the best cat anybody would ask for, she would just lie on her back and let me stroke her tummy and armpits. I miss her so much , it's been about a year now.

Oh man that is so sad :( They really do find their way deep into our hearts. I still feel really sad when I think about mine who passed a few months ago. I often think I see him out of the corner of my eye sat on the wall waiting for me to come back from work or if I'd been out for a ride on my motorbike. He was such an amazing and loving boy.

Soldato
Vet just called to say Jaxx can come home this evening, once his catheter is removed. I'm glad I held off telling my son this morning - will pop out and get him about 11pm, then quietly take him up to my son's room.

We've spent today cleaning out his enclosure (it's like a tall, multi-level crate that's usually wide open to the room, but can be a safe, enclosed space we can put Jaxx whilst pushing the hoover round, etc), and he's got a new fleecy blanket on my son's bed, ready for his recovery.

Will update when he's home.

Associate
Oh man that is so sad :( They really do find their way deep into our hearts. I still feel really sad when I think about mine who passed a few months ago. I often think I see him out of the corner of my eye sat on the wall waiting for me to come back from work or if I'd been out for a ride on my motorbike. He was such an amazing and loving boy.
I'm sorry for your loss :( They do take a piece of our hearts when they are gone, we must cherish every moment we spend with them.
Our boy Max is about 15 now, still good for his age and for 3 legged cat he gets about a lot. I know his day will come one day so I make sure I cherish every moment with him. He loves to cuddle up to me while I'm working and follows me everywhere I go around the house.
Never forget the day we rescued him, we went to RSPCA looking for a kitten and ended up coming home with him. When we walked past his enclosure he was meowing and stretching at the glass wanting to come out. I looked at him and carried on walking looking at other cats. When we came to the end of the enclosures Mrs looked at me and said you want the disabled black cat.....I laughed and said yes.
Been the best boy I could ever ask for, so happy I made that choice.

Soldato
I'm sorry for your loss :( They do take a piece of our hearts when they are gone, we must cherish every moment we spend with them.
Our boy Max is about 15 now, still good for his age and for 3 legged cat he gets about a lot. I know his day will come one day so I make sure I cherish every moment with him. He loves to cuddle up to me while I'm working and follows me everywhere I go around the house.
Never forget the day we rescued him, we went to RSPCA looking for a kitten and ended up coming home with him. When we walked past his enclosure he was meowing and stretching at the glass wanting to come out. I looked at him and carried on walking looking at other cats. When we came to the end of the enclosures Mrs looked at me and said you want the disabled black cat.....I laughed and said yes.
Been the best boy I could ever ask for, so happy I made that choice.

Ahh sounds like you've given a great home to a wonderful kitty and have been rightly rewarded with his love.

I jumped straight back in and got 2 kittens 3 weeks later. They can never replace him but they have bought lots of joy into the house, along with them playing/fighting on me/my bed at 6am everyday :cry:

Bert getting belly rubs as I type. They are getting big! They'll be 4 months on the 26th.

436733206-367394255645464-3311857551075650777-n.jpg

Associate
Ahh sounds like you've given a great home to a wonderful kitty and have been rightly rewarded with his love.

I jumped straight back in and got 2 kittens 3 weeks later. They can never replace him but they have bought lots of joy into the house, along with them playing/fighting on me/my bed at 6am everyday :cry:

Bert getting belly rubs as I type. They are getting big! They'll be 4 months on the 26th.

436733206-367394255645464-3311857551075650777-n.jpg
Look at the way he is looking at you, loves his daddy :) Kittens are something else, it's like toddlers you never know what they gonna get up to next :D

Soldato

I think that is the best way.

I see it as I am here to give them the best life I can (and of course I get a lot back in doing that), but when they pass, I try to think of it as "job well done", now I can do the same for another kitty in need. It's not replacing them, it's just giving another kitty in need the same opportunity to have a good life.

Back
Top Bottom