Solar panel production figures

Soldato
This thread is for posting how much energy your solar panels have produced and their efficiency, as the "Solar panels and battery - any real world recommendations" thread is getting rather swamped with these kind of posts.

If posting how much you've produced it would be useful for others to post what size system you have, and of course a rough location is always useful.

You can also post your efficiency, divide the kWh production figure by your system size.

There is also a Overclockers UK PV Output team which anyone can join if you can get your data uploaded.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I didn't see any rule in this thread that said otherwise?

1104x270W = 298KW

I got a ticking off for trying to add our works 50kw system to PV Output, but it's fine here.

It's more useful if you post generation, system size, then system size divided by the days generation, which gives a figure that can be compared to everyone's systems.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
so your parameter on the pvoutput update must be wrong somewhere!

It appears to be slightly out each day, and the more generation the bigger the error. It gets the data via the SolarEdge API so I don't actually send anything, so if you have any suggestions as to what parameters may be wrong please let me know.

I've changed the polling time, so I'll see if that makes a difference.

Soldato
OP
@HungryHippos I'm not using Home Assistant:

PV-Automatic-uploads.jpg
Solar-Edge-API.jpg

PV Output queries the SolarEdge API directly, my SolarEdge inverter uploads to the SolarEdge servers, and that is where PV Output gets its data.

The rule option will allow me to alter the the power, but it should be correct (although its not) as its coming direct from SolarEdge servers.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
5.97kWh today.

376.98 kWh today

Best I can do is the system at work, which was 56.3kWh today, but its only a 50kw system.

9.9kw today - better than a kick in the teeth!

Quick question for the solar experts - had this back from our installers today as I explained about how everyone is needing to beat Ron-ski... :D :

regarding your solar unfortunately the DNO have advised you wouldn’t be able to put any more solar in because of the supply cable to your property. This is the main reason of the limit on exportation that has been set on the inverter.

Does this make any sense? We've got an export limit set on our inverter already, so I don't follow why this would limit any further panels? (obviously the last thing I'd be wanting to do is export anything given appalling rates!)

Did your installer apply for a G100 export limitation or G99? I not really clear on the differences though, but I think G100 is where you can limit the export, and if you can do that you can have as many inverters and panels as you want.

He asked his UK Power Networks guy to speak to the Scottish & Southern guy who then told you no. :D

Funnily enough I was in touch with my UK Power Networks guy today ;)
Oh good shout - sorry, thought this was the other thread! My bad - sorry for diverting the thread folks, I'll stop! :D

Yes wrong thread! :D

Back
Top Bottom