Sycamore Gap tree at Hadrian's Wall 'felled overnight'

Soldato
The police tried to bring the tree in for questioning!!!

Perhaps the should have spoken to special branch . . . . . . .

On a more serious note, it really is a shame to see somethig of this age and beauty (photographically speaking) destroyed by mindless individuals out for nothing more than laughs and five minutes of fame.

Even more so as they will probably get away with a slap on the wrists and sent on some snow flake rehabilitaion course at cost to the tax payer!

Soldato
Good to see that a forensics team was there doing an investigation.

I can understand they need to prioritise, and though they might not be able to attend at a burgled house, a felled tree in the middle of nowhere warrants a special investigation.

Probably the biggest crime for years around that area.

Soldato
I would approach Sir Antony Mark David Gormley and ask him to replace the tree with his own design.

If this was a ****** off local, then I would perhaps consider the bird at 70m in height and one that would attract even more visitors :D

Caporegime

And this is one of many reasons I will never support the National Trust. An organisation dedicated to making sure absolutely nothing can ever change, ever*. We can't just plant trees, oh no, because we must preserve the site as it is now for all time. There can be no new trees.

*(Except when there's monetary gain involved. See the story of the land they sold to developers after it being gifted in a will with the express condition that it be conserved as natural habitat - the NT lawyers swiftly said this wouldn't hold up in court and they could make a ton of money selling it to a developer...)

The really stupid and bizarre thing being this land - this island - has been utterly transformed by human activity in only the last few hundred years. There were trees all over the darn place. But now we're ideologically consumed with preserving things as they are today, for no apparently reason. FFS, plants some more bleddy trees you fools.

Soldato

And this is one of many reasons I will never support the National Trust. An organisation dedicated to making sure absolutely nothing can ever change, ever*. We can't just plant trees, oh no, because we must preserve the site as it is now for all time. There can be no new trees.

*(Except when there's monetary gain involved. See the story of the land they sold to developers after it being gifted in a will with the express condition that it be conserved as natural habitat - the NT lawyers swiftly said this wouldn't hold up in court and they could make a ton of money selling it to a developer...)

The really stupid and bizarre thing being this land - this island - has been utterly transformed by human activity in only the last few hundred years. There were trees all over the darn place. But now we're ideologically consumed with preserving things as they are today, for no apparently reason. FFS, plants some more bleddy trees you fools.
Some lad planted a tree for online karma. What is your problem exactly?

Soldato

To be fair, you can't just go randomly planting trees on other people's land, can't imagine you'd be too happy if someone decided to plonk a bush in the middle of your front door?

Back
Top Bottom