• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** The AMD RDNA 4 Rumour Mill ***

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I barely hear my card over my case fans and cpu fans. It spends most of its time around 52-54C. That is the most efficient card I think I have ever had.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I will see what is available. Will also need to upgrade the rest of my rig too. Mini-ITX motherboards are not cheap.

Yeah, full rig upgrade means a hell of a lot more money. What cpu did you say you have? And what do you plan to go for?

I am not touching my mobo and cpu for a good few years. I want AM6 ideally. Would offer a huge jump then. Would be nice to have double the performance per core when I upgrade :D

Associate
I still wont buy a AMD card as its no good for creative work, they need to start working with partners and software devs to get it least as good as Nvidia is now. then i'd consider one.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, full rig upgrade means a hell of a lot more money. What cpu did you say you have? And what do you plan to go for?

I am not touching my mobo and cpu for a good few years. I want AM6 ideally. Would offer a huge jump then. Would be nice to have double the performance per core when I upgrade :D

Ryzen 7 5700X. Waiting for Zen5 or the Intel equivalent. If was getting now a Ryzen 7 7800X3D,because it will help in some of my older games even with my RTX3060TI.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I barely hear my card over my case fans and cpu fans. It spends most of its time around 52-54C. That is the most efficient card I think I have ever had.
The XTX Nitro I have runs about 35c with Chill enabled (75-115fps) for me with a -10 on the PL and a quiet fan profile. Amazing!

Reactions: TNA
Soldato
Console settings

image.png

thought they were bringing back 720p gaming? :cry:

Soldato
Yes but normal people don't have £600 to spend on a graphics card. That seems to be the basis for maybe low/medium now. There's a reason people prefer consoles. *Edit
*People could spend £600 on a graphics card, but what's the point? Just so you can turn a couple of settings up? When you have a long term girlfriend and 3 kids to look after it changes the game. So AMD selling much cheaper cards makes total sense to me. Not everyone has massive £2500 Nvidia balls dangling.
One of the reasons for which I don't want 3 kids.

Associate
If they can manage 7900XT and above performance for £400-500, I'll likely get it for my next upgrade. I feel like I'm done with chasing performance at the high end now, my 3070Ti has done more than a half decent job at gaming at 1440p for 3 years. Even if I upgrade to a 4K monitor, 7900XT levels of raster performance and 2x higher RT performance will probably be enough to get me at least 4k 60fps on even RT heavy titles with FSR.

Soldato
If they can manage 7900XT and above performance for £400-500, I'll likely get it for my next upgrade. I feel like I'm done with chasing performance at the high end now, my 3070Ti has done more than a half decent job at gaming at 1440p for 3 years. Even if I upgrade to a 4K monitor, 7900XT levels of raster performance and 2x higher RT performance will probably be enough to get me at least 4k 60fps on even RT heavy titles with FSR.

Latest rumour is rdna4 uses 20% less power than a 7800xt with a max TDP of 215w. The die is also significantly smaller than the 7800xt, (240mm2 vs 340mm2) and rdna4 is reusing gddr6 memory so AMD definitely appears to be trying to make a value focused GPU

So I would expect rdna4 to be quite cheap relatively speaking, given its a 32% smaller die than rdna3, 20% less TDP and uses cheaper last gen memory

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom