The Big WWE Wrestling Thread

Man of Honour
OP
That was such an epic way to do the main event, I wish the Undertaker was in character and not just in gym gear, but still, epic all the same. A shame Stone Cold declined as I think that would have been a massive moment to have him and The Rock face off, but ultimately, absolutely brilliant main event

Little annoyed that Drew finally got his moment in front of a crowd, and then they go and take it away from him with a cash in

All in all a great show, fantastic Wrestlemania.

Off to WWE Live next week so hopefully there's a decent lineup now with the results over the weekend.

Genuinely excited for some of the potential storylines that come out of this, Triple H while obviously not doing this on his own, has seriously re-energised wrestling for me and nearly every fan

Associate
That was such an epic way to do the main event, I wish the Undertaker was in character and not just in gym gear, but still, epic all the same. A shame Stone Cold declined as I think that would have been a massive moment to have him and The Rock face off, but ultimately, absolutely brilliant main event

Little annoyed that Drew finally got his moment in front of a crowd, and then they go and take it away from him with a cash in

All in all a great show, fantastic Wrestlemania.

Off to WWE Live next week so hopefully there's a decent lineup now with the results over the weekend.

Genuinely excited for some of the potential storylines that come out of this, Triple H while obviously not doing this on his own, has seriously re-energised wrestling for me and nearly every fan

WWE Live is so much fun. You will have a blast. WM needs to come to the UK. 145k odd was in the stadium both days. It was chilly and cold and they still did it outdoors so having Mania in the UK in April is plausible. The entrances on Night 2 were also much grander and surprises galore.

Man of Honour
OP
Yeah, there's a lot of strong rumours about the Rumble coming to the UK next year as well, which I'll definitely go to. I went to Clash at the Castle in 2022, and that was brilliant, such a hot crowd.

Caporegime
Watched the whole of the main event on replay. Very impressive. Apart from the match, the whole production of the show is much higher quality than the late 90s' early 2000's. Even all the post match stuff was very different to what I'm used to seeing.

Even though I don't really follow WWE much these days etc it was quite emotional when his family, other wrestlers all joined him in the ring. I felt the emotion between him and Michael Cole of all people!

Edit: Video quality on WWE network was very good. Even on a 65' OLED it looked really good and bright. It looked higher quality than the WWE Youtube videos in standard 1080p to me. Must be quite high bitrate.

rp2000

Last edited:
Associate
The ‘pop’ in the last match for one person in particular was the loudest I’ve ever heard, unreal.

Goosebumps moment! As good as any era in the past. Not sure about calling it the HHH era but for now this is shaping up to be a stacked roster up and down and what makes it even better is you don't always need a title involved for some great matches. AJ and LA Knight gave it a decent go regardless of nothing on the line.

Caporegime
I still have my WWE Network subscription till the end of the month. At the very least I will watch tonight's Raw (tomorrow, not live!), maybe The Rock will appear again.

rp2000

Associate
I still have my WWE Network subscription till the end of the month. At the very least I will watch tonight's Raw (tomorrow, not live!), maybe The Rock will appear again.

rp2000

No more late nights! Family already think was crazy doing two nights in a row. Need an early night tonight though to not be messed up for the rest of the week.
Good to see the thread lively again as always read a few posts here and there but wasn't following any of the action.

Associate
I managed to avoid the results all day, all I wanted to do was get home from work to watch mania. Great second day, last match was crazy, I wish we had Austin but oh well. Not a fan of if main event result but can't win them all

Caporegime
The YT algorithm reminded me of this match that was free on RAW the week before WM18.

which off course leads to the main event of WM18:

rp2000

Last edited:
Soldato
Watched the whole of the main event on replay. Very impressive. Apart from the match, the whole production of the show is much higher quality than the late 90s' early 2000's. Even all the post match stuff was very different to what I'm used to seeing.

Even though I don't really follow WWE much these days etc it was quite emotional when his family, other wrestlers all joined him in the ring. I felt the emotion between him and Michael Cole of all people!

Edit: Video quality on WWE network was very good. Even on a 65' OLED it looked really good and bright. It looked higher quality than the WWE Youtube videos in standard 1080p to me. Must be quite high bitrate.

rp2000

Is wwe network finally doing 4k streams?

Soldato
I managed to avoid the results all day, all I wanted to do was get home from work to watch mania. Great second day, last match was crazy, I wish we had Austin but oh well. Not a fan of if main event result but can't win them all
I can only assume they asked him and either he couldn't or wouldn't do it cos as much as the 'last' person out was a great pop surely that slot was designed for Austin.

Soldato
Highly disagree, Austin would have made no sense at all:
  • Jimmy & Jey - part of the bloodline
  • Solo Sikoa - part of the bloodline, brutally took out Cena in October last year
  • Seth Rollins - part of the SHIELD faction, betrayed Roman with a chairshot to the back
  • Undertaker - Roman beat him at WM33 that really cemented the heel heat with him even if the company didn't do anything with it.
Nowhere along the path for the last 5 years have Austin/Roman interacted in a meaningful way on screen. Why should he pop up now of all times? Whilst Austin was Rocks biggest rival this wasn't about Rock, it was about Roman. If anything HHH would have made a more logical opponent for The Rock but alas he can't go anymore.

Suspended
I watched the entire of day 1 on Sunday and day 2 yesterday evening, with my wife who has never really seen much wrestling in her life.

I managed to avoid spoilers, but yesterday afternoon I stupidly logged in to YouTube (and my algorithm feeds me WWE content recently) and bloody 'WhatCulture Wrestling' (who I don't subscribe to) used an image of
Cody holding the title
on a video thumbnail that appeared on my timeline. My own fault for going on there really.

I'd been following WWE on Youtube for a while now, but this year I have actively watched The Royal Rumble, Elimination Chamber and the go-home RAW before Wrestlemania.

Soldato
The main event was the best Mania match of all time. Everything about it hit just right for me, the entrances were incredible and gave it the big fight feel missing from modern wrestler. The match was well done and the interference was perfect.
Beautiful

It's very rare for wrestling generate a strong happy emotion from me, but this was hitting all the marks. The last time it happened to this level was Sasha vs Bayley and DIY vs Revival

Back
Top Bottom