Poll: *** The official Apple Vision Pro thread (it has an M2, an R1, loads of cameras, a whopping price tag and everything!) ***

Apple Vision Pro - Are you going to buy one?

• Total voters
Soldato
Reviews are alright, it's basically by far the best implementation of current technology, but there isn't really anything in there that's ground breaking.

Apple is really good at refinements and continuous improvements to product lines until you suddenly realise it's not a compromised product anynore, so a few gens down the road this can be a very pleasant experience, but as of now it's more of a first gen prototype.

Commissario
OP
There's a lot of people laughing at the virtual avatar things used for live chat but in the videos I've seen, I actually think they look pretty good, especially considering they're generated in a scan process that only takes a few seconds.

Caporegime
The Casey Neistat video was amusing in showing how ridiculous it is in public, but maybe the first mobile phone was too? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvkgmyfMPks

That was a really interesting video. Both for how much it shows up how impractical it currently is, and also for how it shows what a potential future might look like. I dunno, I'm still not convinced people will buy into the idea of it but people have bought into strange things before.

For the first time I think Apple might actually be onto something.

Man of Honour
Another good look:

There are shortcomings/positives and still a long way to go with the technology. Maybe the headset will develop into something else. I guess we are a number of generations away from seeing where this ends up.

Soldato
Serious question, why would you want to use a device like this in public?

I get the YouTubers want the clicks…

I’ve also seen a video of a person being ‘caught’ wearing one while driving. They were in a Tesla cyber truck so I’ve no doubt it was done for the clicks but it’s something that’s no doubt going to happen….

Last edited:
Associate
It needs to be smaller and lighter for mainstream use IMO. Im not sure if that would ever be possible given the tech though. I think the idea of integration with your computer is pretty amazing and I can totally see the idea of watching sporting events from the best seats in the house. I think the concept of for example of buying a "season ticket" to your football team and being able to effectively sit down at every game and be transported into the stadium could be huge.

Soldato
So many YouTubers sending this back after saying how amazing it is but the issue is the price.. excuse me for being thick but surely the price was the only known variable in this purchase so sending it back because of this is just dumb? I don’t understand woke so if none can explain it to me then that would be solely appreciated.

Caporegime
They ordered it for youtube clout and then sent it back. They never had any intention to keep it. So many of the apple gear people I watch on youtube do this on just about everything. Ordering a ton of stuff to compare and sending most of it back.

Soldato
So many YouTubers sending this back after saying how amazing it is but the issue is the price.. excuse me for being thick but surely the price was the only known variable in this purchase so sending it back because of this is just dumb? I don’t understand woke so if none can explain it to me then that would be solely appreciated.

All media that gets seeded one of these things (or anything from Apple) have to return them once they have posted their reviews. They never get to keep anything, that’s the apple way.

If they want to buy one, they have to get in line like everyone else.

All the Apple kit that you see someone like Marques using is paid for.

So who’s actually bought one and is now returning it after the fact?

The statement is way too vague to be left handing like that and is the equivalent to my made down the pub said…

Last edited:
Soldato
All media that gets seeded one of these things (or anything from Apple) have to return them once they have posted their reviews. They never get to keep anything, that’s the apple way.

If they want to buy one, they have to get in line like everyone else.

All the Apple kit that you see someone like Marques using is paid for.

So who’s actually bought one and is now returning it after the fact?

The statement is way too vague to be left handing like that and is the equivalent to my made down the pub said…
Always one obnoxious person on clockers forums. Go watch them instead of being a negative so n so.

Soldato
Always one obnoxious person on clockers forums. Go watch them instead of being a negative so n so.
How is my post obnoxious?

I was (politely) pointing out that apple require media units of any product to be returned unlike most other tech manufacturers.

I also said the the statement of ‘loads of YouTubers sending them back’ after buying one and promoting it is just way too vague. It’s simply hearsay unless backed up with evidence.

Given it was you who made the statement, it’s up to you to back it up with evidence. Any by saying ‘loads’ the onus is also on you to come up with several examples.

Like I said, go and watch who? Who are ‘loads of YouTubers?’ No one has the foggiest idea of who you are talking about.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom