*** The Official iOS 17 Thread ***

Soldato
I have an annoyance with my phone(s) - maybe here is the place someone might know a solution.

The new(ish) airdrop thing where putting two iPhones next to each other automatically opens a screen for you to share your contact details, is a bit of a pain. Because I have a personal and a work phone, both of which are iPhones, and both of which live in the same pocket. So they're constantly opening that page.

Is there a way to turn off that functionality, or better still tailor it to stop doing it for a particular phone?

Caporegime
I have an annoyance with my phone(s) - maybe here is the place someone might know a solution.

The new(ish) airdrop thing where putting two iPhones next to each other automatically opens a screen for you to share your contact details, is a bit of a pain. Because I have a personal and a work phone, both of which are iPhones, and both of which live in the same pocket. So they're constantly opening that page.

Is there a way to turn off that functionality, or better still tailor it to stop doing it for a particular phone?

Maybe something in there.

Soldato

Settings -> General -> AirDrop. Turn off 'Start sharing by bringing devices together'. I've done it for the same reason on both my iPhones. You can't turn if off just for a specific remote phone.

Associate
Yeah I turned that off too.

I’ve been using the google lens image search shortcut feature quite a lot since I found out about it last week.

I’ve got it set up so when you triple tap the back of the phone, it takes a screenshot and does a google image search. The equivalent to Samsungs AI image circle search

Back
Top Bottom