Poll: *** The Official iPhone 15 thread (it has USB-C and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date

Are you getting an iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Post all your hopes and rumours etc here! Here's my wish list for the 15 Pro/Pro Max, those eagle eyed members will notice that that list is almost completely unchanged from this time last year!

15 pro max (now called Ultra) wish list, in no particular order:

Hardware/Design:
1) USB-C
2) Faster wired and wireless charging (maybe 45w wired and 20w wireless?)
3) No notch/holepunch display
4) 256gb base storage/8gb ram (for prores and proraw mainly as it seems to use a lot of space)
5) Touch ID in power button
6) Change the dimensions of the 15 pro max for it to be narrower so its easier to hold in hand - at the moment its far too wide for it to be a comfortable 1 handed phone!
7) 1440p display/Increased PPI

Software:
1) 4K/240fps slow-mo (still stuck on 1080p in 2022!!)
2) Home screen on pro max to be less zoomed in so can actually fit more rows on each page

I'm sure there are a couple other small things as well that can be added, but ill update list as the year goes on. If the 15 Pro Max includes all of these I am 100% getting it

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Realistically I don't think 15 Pro will end up being too much different to the 14 Pro. Perhaps USB-C but I reckon the Dynamic Island is here to stay for a while.

I can't really think of anything that I'd be particularly bothered about. USB-C and 256GB base would be nice (although I've got lightning cables everywhere and just ordered a 128GB 14 Pro Max since I still have 50GB free on my current 128GB 13 Pro Max) and I wouldn't be surprised if either or both did end up happening, but beyond that, the usual camera improvements, the CPU/GPU improvements and probably more RAM, I don't think we're going to get much of a feature upgrade this time. I hope I am wrong though.

Oh, I suspect a slightly new design too. Screen tweaks aside (13 Pro's notch shrinking and 14 Pro's Dynamic Island) we've had the same design for the 12, 13 and 14 now. It's got to be time for something different.

Soldato
I think we just have to accept we're at a stage now where there's only a marginal improvement with each new model. There's only so much marketing spin they can put on the camera technology each time, I'm still interested to see if there's much of a real world difference in performance against my 12 Pro Max camera. I doubt there will be.

Advances in battery technology surely have to be the next big thing to get excited about but I don't know enough about it to know if that's something that's feasible any time soon.

Associate
I think periscope zoom will be the most likely significant upgrade.

E-sim only could be rolled out globally and Dynamic Island might filter down. I do wonder though if they might reserve it for the Pro line.

I think if Apple can avoid USB-C for another release they will.

Charging speeds might go up a bit, but I don’t think Apple are too bothered about 20 minute charging etc.

Can’t see the design changing too much. It’s just not the Apple way.

Caporegime
Thought Apple might go down the USB-C route next year but with the removal of the SIM port in the US, I think they'll just remove the charging port altogether now.

I've only ever upgraded every 3 years but I'm so sick of the camera on my 13 Pro I might bite next year if the user reviews are good, I no longer trust pro reviewers.

Soldato
USB-C, quicker wired charging and under-display optical finger print recognition (i don't think we'll ever see this) is about the only thing that i'd like to see in an iPhone.

Unlikely Apple would bring back a 'forehead'/'top-chin' design to house the camera and sensors, so it leaves under-display which i don't think anyone has really perfected yet.
I don't doubt that's where we're heading though, i just think that it will be a while before we see it on an Apple device.

I think if Apple can avoid USB-C for another release they will.
They would need to double the wattage of wireless charging, or at least match the current 27W (i believe) wired charging, as i can't imagine many consumers agreeing to slower charging for a port-less phone.

I still think it's a bit of a FU to business users though but (IMO) that's been Apple for the last decade or so.

Caporegime
They might change up the outer casing but the onscreen tech will be a fixture for at least 3 more phones, that mean the silly island is here to stay for a bit, that means the punch hole too, so no underscreen front facing camera.

The only change I can see is USB-C. They will now say it has the fastest charging iPhone ever, and transfer data the fastest ever.

The camera...they are missing a 50mm focal length area. It's odd to me that the main camera is 24mm, and there is a wider one like 13mm and then a tele at like 78mm.

I hope they add a 4th with around 50mm, or give me 35mm. or even 45mm.

Soldato
imagine they will flip to usb-c with the next chassis redesign. How long do they usually keep designs?

I think the longest we've had the same design before has been with the iPhone 6, 6S and 7 all looking virtually identical, likewise for their Plus counterparts, so 3 years. You could argue that the 8 and 8 Plus were more or less the same too, but they did at least have a glass back and they were out the same year the X was out too.

We're at 3 years now since the 12, 13 and 14 all have the same design, notch/pill tweaks aside. I'd hope that next year brings a new design.

Soldato
I think the longest we've had the same design before has been with the iPhone 6, 6S and 7 all looking virtually identical, likewise for their Plus counterparts, so 3 years. You could argue that the 8 and 8 Plus were more or less the same too, but they did at least have a glass back and they were out the same year the X was out too.

We're at 3 years now since the 12, 13 and 14 all have the same design, notch/pill tweaks aside. I'd hope that next year brings a new design.
What do you mean a new design?

It’s either a square edge phone or round, nothing new there, it’s the same 2 shapes every few years.

Soldato
What do you mean a new design?

It’s either a square edge phone or round, nothing new there, it’s the same 2 shapes every few years.

Well yes, but size aside, an iPhone 4 looks quite different to an iPhone 12 despite both being square edged. Likewise an iPhone 3G/3GS was also rounded but looks very different to a 6/X/XR etc.

I guess you're right though, it isn't going to be a radical design change either way, but you'd have a hard time telling the 12/13/14 apart without looking at the size of the cameras. I'd hope for something that somehow looks a bit different next time. I'm not sure how to make it different, but that's Apple's job to figure that out.

Soldato
USB-C, quicker wired charging and under-display optical finger print recognition (i don't think we'll ever see this) is about the only thing that i'd like to see in an iPhone.
I am more than happy with FaceID and find it preferable. However, if TouchID were to make a return I would rather see a capacitive scanner in the power button à la the iPad Air.
Unlikely Apple would bring back a 'forehead'/'top-chin' design to house the camera and sensors, so it leaves under-display which i don't think anyone has really perfected yet.
I don't doubt that's where we're heading though, i just think that it will be a while before we see it on an Apple device.
Yep. The whole under display thing is still in its infancy and we all know that Apple don't do things half baked. So quite rightly, I don't believe we'll see any under display shenanigans until the tech is perfected.
They would need to double the wattage of wireless charging, or at least match the current 27W (i believe) wired charging, as i can't imagine many consumers agreeing to slower charging for a port-less phone.
Undoubtedly they would need to get wireless charging in order before abandoning physical ports, and in this regard, I can honestly see them going to 30w wireless charging before they'd change to USB-C.
I still think it's a but of a FU to business users though but (IMO) that's been Apple for the last decade or so.

Soldato
Give me:

* No dynamic island, just pinpoint/hole point
* Faster charging
* usb type c
* 10x optical periscope lens

Give me these and I'll buy a iPhone 15 pro, otherwise no point

Soldato
Post all your hopes and rumours etc here! Here's my wish list for the 15 Pro/Pro Max, those eagle eyed members will notice that that list is almost completely unchanged from this time last year!

15 pro max wish list, in no particular order:

Hardware/Design:
1) USB-C
2) Faster wired and wireless charging (maybe 45w wired and 20w wireless?)
4) 256gb base storage/8gb ram (for prores and proraw mainly as it seems to use a lot of space)
5) Touch ID in power button
6) Change the dimensions of the 15 pro max for it to be narrower so its easier to hold in hand - at the moment its far too wide for it to be a comfortable 1 handed phone!
7) 1440p display

Software:
1) 4K/240fps slow-mo (still stuck on 1080p in 2022!!)
2) Home screen on pro max to be less zoomed in so can actually fit more rows on each page

I'm sure there are a couple other small things as well that can be added, but ill update list as the year goes on. If the 15 Pro Max includes all of these I am 100% getting it

If they did those 7 point it'd be an instant buy for me.

The only thing I'd add here is to make the damn thing a little lighter.

Back
Top Bottom