Poll: *** The Official iPhone 15 thread (it has USB-C and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date

Are you getting an iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Post all your hopes and rumours etc here! Here's my wish list for the 15 Pro/Pro Max, those eagle eyed members will notice that that list is almost completely unchanged from this time last year!

15 pro max (now called Ultra) wish list, in no particular order:

Hardware/Design:
1) USB-C
2) Faster wired and wireless charging (maybe 45w wired and 20w wireless?)
3) No notch/holepunch display
4) 256gb base storage/8gb ram (for prores and proraw mainly as it seems to use a lot of space)
5) Touch ID in power button
6) Change the dimensions of the 15 pro max for it to be narrower so its easier to hold in hand - at the moment its far too wide for it to be a comfortable 1 handed phone!
7) 1440p display/Increased PPI

Software:
1) 4K/240fps slow-mo (still stuck on 1080p in 2022!!)
2) Home screen on pro max to be less zoomed in so can actually fit more rows on each page

I'm sure there are a couple other small things as well that can be added, but ill update list as the year goes on. If the 15 Pro Max includes all of these I am 100% getting it

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OP
If they did those 7 point it'd be an instant buy for me.

The only thing I'd add here is to make the damn thing a little lighter.

Same here, these things make it an instant buy. Funny thing is, this is the exact wishlist I had for the 13 pro max last year, and apple literally did none of these except arguably point 3 with the "dynamic island"

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OP

"Pro Max" to be renamed to the "Ultra" and USBC looking very likely!
Seems the lineup is going to be:

iPhone 15
iPhone 15 Plus
iPhone 15 Pro
iPhone 15 Ultra (Formerly the pro max)

Im a fan of this change in naming, as long the Ultra has extra hardware features

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OP
And with the 'Ultra' moniker comes an added £100 to the RRP :D

Definitely. I mean the price increases were already coming (surprised they didnt do it this year tbh!) but now under the Ultra moniker just seems like a disguised way to do the price bump.

But at least now its more in sync with the rest of their product lineup and follows the M1/M2 naming scheme.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OP
They need to get consistent with these names across the entire product lineup. With chips we have Pro/Max/Ultra, with Apple Watch we have SE/nothing/Ultra, and if this is true then we have Plus/Pro/Ultra, and we have Air/Pro for Macbooks, Mini/nothing/Air/Pro for iPads.

Just simplify the whole thing please :D I really like Macbook Pro 14/16, just going by the "Pro" (or whatever) and then followed by size. They use it for iPads as well and it works well but they do want each iPhone size to have its own name.

Agree, do think they are in the process of doing it though as the "Pro" and "Ultra" names looks like they'll become consistent throughout.
Air, SE and Max name schemes should be gotten rid of though as they are bad.
SE - at one point stood for special edition, and now its just the cheap item for the watch and phone.
Max - sounds lame, Plus to replace some of the current "max's" and Ultra to replace at the top end.
Air - Should get rid of for Pro or Nothing for whichever applies best. Just gets too confusing at times.

iPhone - Nothing, Plus, Pro, Ultra
iPad - Mini, Nothing (new air), Pro
Macbooks - Nothing (new air), Pro (13/14), Ultra (14/16)
Watch - Nothing (new SE), Pro, Ultra

The base cheapest product should just be the nameless one i.e iPhone 14, Macbook, Apple Watch

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OP
Agreed. I would also get rid of Plus entirely, and use Mini for the entry-size instead. If I were in charge of Apple's product marketing, I'd go with:

iPhone: Mini (current nothing), nothing (current Plus), Pro, Ultra --- drop the Plus entirely
iPad: Mini, Nothing, Pro (Air is basically 11" Pro, combine them into one), Ultra (basically turn current 11" Pro into just Pro and 12.9" Pro into Ultra, they are fundamentally different tablets)
Macbooks: Nothing (14" air, maybe 16" air in the future), Pro (14/16), and release a separate Ultra only if it can be made fundamentally different to the current 16" Pro
Watch: Nothing, Pro, Ultra

One-off Air products would make sense if they are made significantly thinner than the last version, but they should quickly be integrated back into the normal lineup.

As I'm not in charge of their marketing, this was a fun exercise :D

Hahaha its good for my OCD and love of keeping things minimalistic and simple! :D

Do agree with dropping the plus in all fairness and basically having it replaced with an air or mini variant as "special" editions, but as you said only if its quite significant in changes.
I could also see the macbooks going "ultra" just for the 16" model as its bigger and can fit more in.

Only thing I dislike about the ultra thing is that one shouldn't have to buy the biggest phone to get all the features.

well, the bigger size of the phone means it can fit more in in general and house bigger components like the camera module and battery. So unfortunately its how it'll be. As long as the differences between the Pro and Ultra aren't TOO massive, I dont think it'll be a big deal as the Ultra will only have a couple things different anyway

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OP
The "15 Ultra" rumours so far suggest USBC and 256gb base storage so far so its looking good to me! With the USBC hopefully that means faster wired charging as well. Main thing for me now is to make the phone a bit narrower and increase PPI a bit

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OP
I don't believe the 256GB base storage rumours. Base iPhones usually use a single NAND chip iirc (everything else uses two) and 256GB chips have not dropped in price enough for Apple to do this.

its almost silly not to do 256gb as a base option, the file sizes for images and videos these days are crazy especially with RAW on a 48mp sensor. Each image is about 100mb.

Also not to mention, the prices will be higher so they can do the 256gb even if it costs a bit more on a single chip

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OP
Apple already reduced their margins for iPhone 14 (if reports are to be believed), I expect them to focus on getting their margins back to where they want it to be next year. Not giving enough storage to base model is one reason to increase margins! Apple never shies from giving us less than necessary storage (remember the years of 16GB as base?), it pushes people to buy high-end SKUs and also makes them more likely to buy larger iCloud storage plans.

Maybe I'm being too cynical but I don't expect Apple to do it.

And I thought I was usually the cynical one! I do believe that because this is the "Ultra" model they would want to differentiate it a bit more from the Pro version. I can see the pro still starting on 128gb, but the ultra needs more to it than just size so I think they'll try go for the 256gb. At least thats what id like to think :p

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OP
Apple will take advantage of its new USB C port to limit speeds based on model. Only the top of the range iPhone 15 Pro will have access to full speed and potential faster charging times

How very apple! Still baffles me why they do things like this

Lucky for me I am looking to buy the ultra, so as long as they go all out for it it wont affect me

Back
Top Bottom