Poll: *** The Official iPhone 15 thread (it has USB-C and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date

Are you getting an iPhone 15?

• Total voters
Soldato
I feel like there is only 2 basic designs for phones (without folding).

1 - Hard edge
2 - Soft edge

I have had iPhone 4, 6 and XR and much prefer the hard edge design. It looks more industrial.
Is that the holy grail of tactile design? Feeling pretty terrible to use in your hand but looking "industrial" (whatever that means)
This is of course assuming your post isn't completely tongue in cheek!

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OP
The "15 Ultra" rumours so far suggest USBC and 256gb base storage so far so its looking good to me! With the USBC hopefully that means faster wired charging as well. Main thing for me now is to make the phone a bit narrower and increase PPI a bit

Soldato
The "15 Ultra" rumours so far suggest USBC and 256gb base storage so far so its looking good to me! With the USBC hopefully that means faster wired charging as well. Main thing for me now is to make the phone a bit narrower and increase PPI a bit

I don't believe the 256GB base storage rumours. Base iPhones usually use a single NAND chip iirc (everything else uses two) and 256GB chips have not dropped in price enough for Apple to do this.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OP
I don't believe the 256GB base storage rumours. Base iPhones usually use a single NAND chip iirc (everything else uses two) and 256GB chips have not dropped in price enough for Apple to do this.

its almost silly not to do 256gb as a base option, the file sizes for images and videos these days are crazy especially with RAW on a 48mp sensor. Each image is about 100mb.

Also not to mention, the prices will be higher so they can do the 256gb even if it costs a bit more on a single chip

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
its almost silly not to do 256gb as a base option, the file sizes for images and videos these days are crazy especially with RAW on a 48mp sensor. Each image is about 100mb.

Also not to mention, the prices will be higher so they can do the 256gb even if it costs a bit more on a single chip

Apple already reduced their margins for iPhone 14 (if reports are to be believed), I expect them to focus on getting their margins back to where they want it to be next year. Not giving enough storage to base model is one reason to increase margins! Apple never shies from giving us less than necessary storage (remember the years of 16GB as base?), it pushes people to buy high-end SKUs and also makes them more likely to buy larger iCloud storage plans.

Maybe I'm being too cynical but I don't expect Apple to do it.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OP
Apple already reduced their margins for iPhone 14 (if reports are to be believed), I expect them to focus on getting their margins back to where they want it to be next year. Not giving enough storage to base model is one reason to increase margins! Apple never shies from giving us less than necessary storage (remember the years of 16GB as base?), it pushes people to buy high-end SKUs and also makes them more likely to buy larger iCloud storage plans.

Maybe I'm being too cynical but I don't expect Apple to do it.

And I thought I was usually the cynical one! I do believe that because this is the "Ultra" model they would want to differentiate it a bit more from the Pro version. I can see the pro still starting on 128gb, but the ultra needs more to it than just size so I think they'll try go for the 256gb. At least thats what id like to think :p

Soldato
And I thought I was usually the cynical one! I do believe that because this is the "Ultra" model they would want to differentiate it a bit more from the Pro version. I can see the pro still starting on 128gb, but the ultra needs more to it than just size so I think they'll try go for the 256gb. At least thats what id like to think :p

Oh yeah that can happen. Rename the Pro Max to Ultra, and have that start at a higher base storage.

Associate
As much as I wish they would I dont see Apple starting with 256GB, they'll stick wit 128GB.

In two minds whether to hold out for 15 or just change this 11 Pro to 14 Pro.
Main thing for me is battery maybe I'm on my phone too much but I have to charge it several times in the day.

Wish they kept 5.8" screen to me thats the perfect size.

USB-C would be nice and make life a lot simpler

Soldato
As much as I wish they would I dont see Apple starting with 256GB, they'll stick wit 128GB.

In two minds whether to hold out for 15 or just change this 11 Pro to 14 Pro.
Main thing for me is battery maybe I'm on my phone too much but I have to charge it several times in the day.

Wish they kept 5.8" screen to me thats the perfect size.

USB-C would be nice and make life a lot simpler

Replace the battery now and upgrade next year.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I don't actually want USB C. I've never had a single issue with any lightning port or cable and it's not like USB c is a standard, so you can still get cable issues. Also the USB C on my iPad Pro is flaky as ****. Much more delicate than lightning, in fact it reminds me of the issues I used to get with the original apple charging port/cable.

Soldato
I hope iPhone 15 is eSIM only all over the world. That would mean they could reduce the space needed for a SIM card and improve performance/battery life in its place. I'll be happy if it supports two eSIMs in one phone.

Soldato
I hope iPhone 15 is eSIM only all over the world. That would mean they could reduce the space needed for a SIM card and improve performance/battery life in its place. I'll be happy if it supports two eSIMs in one phone.

Sounds great in theory as long as you’re living or visiting a MEDC.

A few locations I’ve been in in recent years the price to piggy back off using the e-sim app is ridiculously priced or it’s just simply not supported.

Would mean taking two phones or going back to taking a dongle. Thought those days where long gone to be honest…

Soldato
Post all your hopes and rumours etc here! Here's my wish list for the 15 Pro/Pro Max, those eagle eyed members will notice that that list is almost completely unchanged from this time last year!

15 pro max wish list, in no particular order:

Hardware/Design:
1) USB-C
2) Faster wired and wireless charging (maybe 45w wired and 20w wireless?)
3) No notch/holepunch display
4) 256gb base storage/8gb ram (for prores and proraw mainly as it seems to use a lot of space)
5) Touch ID in power button
6) Change the dimensions of the 15 pro max for it to be narrower so its easier to hold in hand - at the moment its far too wide for it to be a comfortable 1 handed phone!
7) 1440p display/Increased PPI

Am not fussy just these 2 things is enough for me :cry:

1) USB-C
2) RRP £400

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom