The Official Pizza Discussion thread (was: Cooking Neapolitan Pizzas with the Uuni 3)

Soldato
I bought a Masterbuilt Gravity 560 smoker grill, it just so happens to be a pretty decent pizza oven too! I don't have the pizza oven add-on, although it works so well without it..

For £390 you do get a lot of versatility.

I've seen people using just oak rather than charcoal, which I'll try sometime. I do have a slight problem in that I broke my pizza stone, and the 14" cast iron tray I'm using at the moment transfers heat a bit too quickly.

Highly recommend it if someone wants an all one solution tho, last weekend I smoked some ribs, took them out, wanged the heating up and bashed out a couple of pizzas (6 minutes each), then turned it down and then got a couple of burgers on the go, pretty neat!

Soldato
I bought a Masterbuilt Gravity 560 smoker grill, it just so happens to be a pretty decent pizza oven too! I don't have the pizza oven add-on, although it works so well without it..

For £390 you do get a lot of versatility.

I've seen people using just oak rather than charcoal, which I'll try sometime. I do have a slight problem in that I broke my pizza stone, and the 14" cast iron tray I'm using at the moment transfers heat a bit too quickly.

Highly recommend it if someone wants an all one solution tho, last weekend I smoked some ribs, took them out, wanged the heating up and bashed out a couple of pizzas (6 minutes each), then turned it down and then got a couple of burgers on the go, pretty neat!
Sounds good, although a proper pizza oven at 400c+ will be knocking a pizza out in 90 seconds, but having versatility is not to be sniffed at.

Will be firing up the Koda16 for some pizzas later, that’s if the bloody dandelion white fluff dies down!

Soldato
I think I want electric next. My Ooni constantly blows out of its windy which it is a lot. Plus it means I could use it indoors.

Associate
I think I want electric next. My Ooni constantly blows out of its windy which it is a lot. Plus it means I could use it indoors.

Looked at the Volt but passed. Does make sense if using more often inside I guess but you can only do Pizza on it and I wanted to do other things on a cast iron also. Hopefully Gozney do something indoors as be interesting to see what they come up with.

Soldato
Sounds good, although a proper pizza oven at 400c+ will be knocking a pizza out in 90 seconds, but having versatility is not to be sniffed at.

Will be firing up the Koda16 for some pizzas later, that’s if the bloody dandelion white fluff dies down!

This gets to 350c but yeah for sure a proper pizza oven will be better. Bloody lovely pizzas tho! :)

Soldato
I've been doing wood fired rather than gas this last month or so, one day of the weekend. Really got the hang of it now and much prefer it as a cooking method. Also makes me feel more Manly :D

Back
Top Bottom