The Official Pizza Discussion thread (was: Cooking Neapolitan Pizzas with the Uuni 3)

Soldato
Anyone with much experience of cooking more than pizzas in these ovens? I really want one but think I'd need to use it for more to justify proce / space / time. Thinking chickens / roasts / fish / veg etc. Assume the temp is controllable enough for this? Cheers :)
The Gozney YouTube has some good recipes on, I’m going to have a go of the teriyaki salmon in a week or two.

Associate
I go the long prove time method even making 1kg of dough in using less than 1g of yeast.

Yeah it’s great if you have time but we often end up doing pizza last minute. Like being out for the day with friends and then heading back to ours for pizza. Even for just us I can end up just deciding on the night after work quite often

Soldato
That would require pizzas much rounder than I'm ever able to create.
A quick tip whilst your learning to stretch. Grab a 12-14 inch round baking pan. Loads of flour in it... Pop your dough ball in and press out. Flipping over regularly (but remember which is the top side), Until its nearly there then take out and the last part of stretching should be really easy. Just make sure you uses loads of flour. It'll dust off so dont worry about it. The first couple of stretched in the morning are the worst as the counter top isn't "Floured in" at that point.

Soldato
Soldato
is that because everyone has one now?

Papa Johns is closing down in our town.... Within 12 months of us opening up....Just sayin!!!
Seems like it, expanded too quickly maybe as well.
I still have my Ooni 3, no need for anything else, I'd probably get a cheaper alternative next time.

Soldato
Still got to drop by. We're staying in Southport for the food and drink festival, will do my best to pop in for a slice or two.
Pop in for sure Drop me your email and I'll leave a voucher for you. I think were going to be away at that time. First one i've missed in years but we want to be around for the armed forces day which will be a big one this year. Its usually one of our busiest days at our town centre places, Despite "everyone" being at a food festival

Last edited:
Soldato
Pop in for sure Drop me your email and I'll leave a voucher for you. I think were going to be away at that time. First one i've missed in years but we want to be around for the armed forces day which will be a big one this year. Its usually one of our busiest days at our town centre places, Despite "everyone" being at a food festival
You ever thought of having a stall on the food and drink festival Sue you'd make a killing.

Soldato
You ever thought of having a stall on the food and drink festival Sue you'd make a killing.
Yeah, A mate will have his there 600degrees. Its the cost of the setup for 1 day. Ovens etc. Selling by the slice would be quick as hell too. We'd fly through the queues. Order a slice and you've got it by the time you've paid. I'm mates with the Manager of the park too. We've just had so much on this year time got away from us.. Hopefully we'll be better placed next year

Back
Top Bottom