*** The Official watchOS 10 Thread ***

Soldato

I used it throughout the beta and whilst the new interface, smart stacks etc takes a bit of getting use to, the full screen apps are much nicer.

Commissario
Hmm, something's not right.
Left on charge overnight, taken off charge about 07:15 this morning and it's down to 17% charge already. I normally only use 40-50% in a full day.

Soldato
Anyone that has tried WatchOS 10 are there any major changes using your Apple Watch with Apple Fitness+ running on an AppleTV? That is pretty much the only reason I have an Apple Watch.

Soldato
OP
Anyone that has tried WatchOS 10 are there any major changes using your Apple Watch with Apple Fitness+ running on an AppleTV? That is pretty much the only reason I have an Apple Watch.
wpsEKgy.png

Commissario
I think it was that and a combination of this.

I noticed this morning that it had only charged to 80% overnight - watchOS 10 adds this feature to my Apple Watch 7 which it didn't have before.

Caporegime
I’m not sure what to make of this. It feels like it takes longer to do anything now. By taking away the multitasking view from the side button. I’ve ended up picking a watch face with 7! complications on it to get quick access to my apps.

Soldato
I think it was that and a combination of this.

I noticed this morning that it had only charged to 80% overnight - watchOS 10 adds this feature to my Apple Watch 7 which it didn't have before.

My S4 doesn’t have this feature and WatchOS 10 is killing my battery.

I’m on 51% right now after a full charge overnight and I haven’t done anything different today to my usual daily routine.

Previously, I was getting nowhere near this amount of battery drain. More like 50% at bedtime not lunchtime.

Commissario
Mine's been OK since that first day when the drain was awful. Monday night it only charged to 77% which it thought was enough for the day and when I went to bed it was down to 3% so it was actually spot on. Since then, it's fully charged!

Soldato
I think this is why my watch battery ultra health is 100%. I wish iPhones were just as good as this but their batteries are too small to last.

EDIT: iPhone 15 range is getting this! Nice :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Annoyingly from the weekly summary they have removed the total steps function. You can still find this through the health app on the phone but it seems weird they have removed it as it was a key metric for a lot of people.

Caporegime
Annoyingly from the weekly summary they have removed the total steps function. You can still find this through the health app on the phone but it seems weird they have removed it as it was a key metric for a lot of people.

I never even noticed but I think daily is the one metric most people will be wanting and that is still there. I can't even recall a single time I've even looked at total steps in a week. :o But of course, we are all different.

Soldato
I never even noticed but I think daily is the one metric most people will be wanting and that is still there. I can't even recall a single time I've even looked at total steps in a week. :o But of course, we are all different.

I've found a weekly target gives you a bit more flexibility on those days when you don't get the time to get enough in.

Back
Top Bottom