What is your iPhone battery health (and how old)?

lcg

lcg

Associate
Bloody norra, isn’t it slow as hell or have you just stuck with the iOS that came with the device and just not updated it?
It's slow but not slow enough to be unusable for me. I've always kept it updated so it's running iOS 12.5.7, the last version the phone supports. Of course there's a lot of apps that no longer work and sites that won't load, but I don't use the phone for many tasks. I've always mostly used the PC or laptop.

I really do need to upgrade but out of stubborness I'm seeing if it can I can last (and if the phone holds on) until September. I'm wondering if the maximum battery capacity will drop from 73% before then.

Commissario
My 13 Pro Max was at 87.4% and 316 cycles in November.

Now it's at 90.5% and 381 cycles.

Which is nice.

7fqEjNP.png

Associate
I have an iPhone 12Pro from release. I charge it over night on a wireless charge pad connected to a 5w power brick thing. Last year battery dropped to 81% and though it struggled to make the day sometimes the more worrying was the back started to bulge. Check out apple battery replacement and nearest repair centre was at York and an EE shop as there isn’t an official Apple shop. So they replaced the battery and the display as they cracked it dismantling it. Charged for battery but not the display. Currently just a year since battery was replaced and it’s down to 78% and an ‘Important battery message’ saying my battery requires replacement (again).

Do replacement batteries last as long as original? I presume it was a genuine Apple replacement. Do I replace the battery again though this time I’ll go to Apple in Leeds. It’s just over 12 months so presume there isn’t any warranty on the replacement. I don’t have Apple Care btw.

Soldato
My replacement battery for XR has lasted for nearly 18months now. It is saying 88% but the phone definitely can’t last a full day usage anymore.

Yesterday charged it upto 36% within 2hr it went to 7% without much usage.

I think phone battery 2yr life is about right generally

Soldato
I have an iPhone 12Pro from release. I charge it over night on a wireless charge pad connected to a 5w power brick thing. Last year battery dropped to 81% and though it struggled to make the day sometimes the more worrying was the back started to bulge. Check out apple battery replacement and nearest repair centre was at York and an EE shop as there isn’t an official Apple shop. So they replaced the battery and the display as they cracked it dismantling it. Charged for battery but not the display. Currently just a year since battery was replaced and it’s down to 78% and an ‘Important battery message’ saying my battery requires replacement (again).

Do replacement batteries last as long as original? I presume it was a genuine Apple replacement. Do I replace the battery again though this time I’ll go to Apple in Leeds. It’s just over 12 months so presume there isn’t any warranty on the replacement. I don’t have Apple Care btw.
Batteries seem massively variable, but that seems ridiculous. I bought my 13 Pro in 2021, and the battery level is still at 90%. I'd say 1 year for a replacement is extremely poor, and I wouldn't be happy replacing that so soon. I'd wager it wasn't a genuine battery unless you're a MEGA heavy user and leave it just plugged in to the mains all the time (which you've said that you don't).

Associate
Batteries seem massively variable, but that seems ridiculous. I bought my 13 Pro in 2021, and the battery level is still at 90%. I'd say 1 year for a replacement is extremely poor, and I wouldn't be happy replacing that so soon. I'd wager it wasn't a genuine battery unless you're a MEGA heavy user and leave it just plugged in to the mains all the time (which you've said that you don't).
No not a heavy user at all. Most days even though the battery is worn still gets through the day ok. Certainly go to Apple Store when or if I replace the battery. I was a little suspicious as in the first week battery wear was down to 97%. The store said they used genuine parts as they were an Apple authorised repairer.

Back
Top Bottom