What Retro Games Are You Currently Playing?

Soldato
For whatever reason I'm into a "retro" F1 kick watching early 2000s F1 highlights (Big Zeddie on youtube) and I've been trying out the early 2000s F1 games. So far my favourite is Formula 1 2003. The Sony/ PS2 games seem to be better than the EA ones (F1 2003). Which PS2 F1 game is best do you think?

Don
For whatever reason I'm into a "retro" F1 kick watching early 2000s F1 highlights (Big Zeddie on youtube) and I've been trying out the early 2000s F1 games. So far my favourite is Formula 1 2003. The Sony/ PS2 games seem to be better than the EA ones (F1 2003). Which PS2 F1 game is best do you think?
A bit earlier than PS2 but you can't mention F1 games without Geoff Crammond's games

Soldato
Finally got in my N64 Bluetooth adapter that I ordered in August. It has a built in memory Pak and will allow me to use my Switch N64 controller on the original N64

Soldato
I've just started Windwaker on the Steam Deck. Never played it before so hopefully the game lives up to the hype. I remember when it came out I discounted it because of the art style after being a massive fan of Ocarina of Time.

Associate
I still find the C&C games hard to beat, I can’t get into todays games, mainly due to them all being third person style which gives me a headache/nausea feeling

Soldato
I still find the C&C games hard to beat, I can’t get into todays games, mainly due to them all being third person style which gives me a headache/nausea feeling
Ice been playing c&c red alert 2 and yuris revenge for the last 4 hours I forgot how quickly a quick game becomes a lost afternoon/evening...

Associate
I always have a blast of the Mega Drive Sonic games at this time of year. I always accosciate them with Christmas as that is when I received these games as a child.
What’s the best way to play the mega drive today. Plug an original into a TV with an adapter, monitor or go a PC emulator route

Associate
What’s the best way to play the mega drive today. Plug an original into a TV with an adapter, monitor or go a PC emulator route
I can't really say what the best way is as you can spend a lot of money getting the original hardware to correctly display on a modern TV but, I use a Retron 5 do display on my Sony OLED and it works to a level that I am happy with.

Associate
If you want to plug into a modern tv and are not fussed about input lag issues then a £30 ish scart to hdmi adapter will do the job, i picked up one for around that price a few years ago and the image quality is nice but the input lag is a bit much for me with games like sonic.
Alternatively if you are willing to spend a bit more (about £60 i think) a RAD2X is a great way to go! I have one for my N64 and its fantastic! image quality is great and I can't notice any obvious input lag with it.

If you'd rather not spend any money on upscalers and the like then a decent emulator with runahead will do the job nicely, this essentially gets rid of any obvious button input lag :)

Soldato
Best depends on budget and preference. Fpga with a crt is probably most accurate but certainly not for everyone. I was looking at CRTs only this morning and they're always £lol money. 14" is too small and 20" would take up too much room so I'm happy with a Mister fPGA on my (semi) low latency TV. A good middle ground for me.

Last edited:
Associate
I can't really say what the best way is as you can spend a lot of money getting the original hardware to correctly display on a modern TV but, I use a Retron 5 do display on my Sony OLED and it works to a level that I am happy with.
How much did you pay for the Retron 5 I didn’t know they existed until this post

Soldato
IMG-2023-12-15-101915.jpg
Feeling poorly. Time to chill out with my PSP. I have a Steam Deck which I sometimes use but I like the small form factor of the actual PSP more. I have some more games that I’m not going to play (e.g. FIFA 07) hidden away somewhere.

Edit currently playing Star Wars Lethal Alliance!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom