What Retro Games Are You Currently Playing?

Associate
Sim City 2000 Special Edition via PCem.
This is pretty much inspired by LGRs recent retrospective on the game, I spent so many hours (maybe days) playing this on my trusty p166 with 16mb of ram back in the day.

The game still plays fantastic and is still my favourite in the series :)
Haha, I watched this and was inspired to play a bit too!

Soldato
Started to collect again...I decided this time to focus on what I guess will be most popular in the future rather than just what I find interesting. Nintendo handhelds!

I'm not a diva, so will sort out the "display" or "storage" at a later time. Task one was get them out of reach of the cats :)

ygaeebT.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
That is quite a haul!

Something special about the old consoles boxes art style too. Gameboy one is awesome

I have a mission on payday to get a new shell, speaker etc. and refurb my DMG-01 Gameboy. Got it cheap and its proper 50 a day yellow with a non-functioning speaker at present.

Soldato
That is quite a haul!

Something special about the old consoles boxes art style too. Gameboy one is awesome

I have a mission on payday to get a new shell, speaker etc. and refurb my DMG-01 Gameboy. Got it cheap and its proper 50 a day yellow with a non-functioning speaker at present.

Ah yes the yellow stains on side :cry:

It's never bloody ending :D

For the full stack I still need to get

1 - Pocket
2 - Micro
3 - DS
4 - 2DS

Not sure I can be bothered with all the XL or Lite variants and just go for special editions.

Game and watch is even worse!

Soldato
I picked up Far Cry from GOG for couple of quid, I probably have the original disc somewhere in my folks loft but it's 200 miles away so happy to pay for the convenience.

Only had time for a short blast but was fun, although the graphics obviously aren't as impressive as I remember.

Soldato
But later today my bro is coming over for our weekly Dreamcast session, Virtua Tennis 2, Ready 2 Rumble, Soul Calibur.
I actually still get sad when I think about the Dreamcast and what could have been…

I think it’s because I’ve never really ‘got on’ with consoles but there was something about the Dreamcast that I loved

Soldato
I've just started this last week on my steam deck. Only at the start but seems interesting so far.
Ah good man. It's a great game. I love how the fights aren't too difficult, the exploration is fun, nice vibrant world and my favourite part is solving the puzzles with all of the new psy energy that you unlock. I am going to play Chrono Trigger for the first time after this :)

enjoy mate

Soldato
I actually still get sad when I think about the Dreamcast and what could have been…

I think it’s because I’ve never really ‘got on’ with consoles but there was something about the Dreamcast that I loved

Yeh man, we bought a DC on launch day and my god it blew us away. Power Stone was and still is one of the best couch co op games ever.

We sold our DC and games at CEX in 2002 or so to buy a game cube when it launched. We always regretted it so me and my bro started in 2005 recollecting our old game collection from nes, mega drive, saturn, snes, master system, dreamcast.

Here is a few pics of our Sega stuff

Soldato

In the same boat, still one of the console greats. I have mine still and 50 odd fully boxed games plus about 20 JAP NTSC titles.

It was just such a monumental jump when it was released and the fact that games still look good now is so impressive! - See Dead or Alive 2, on VGA its just STUNNING!

That and the N64 are my 2 favourite consoles of all time i think with Saturn a close 3rd

I have been playing Power Stone on the PSP (Actually a pretty good conversion) on my lunch breaks at work and its made me want to set the DC up :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeh man, we bought a DC on launch day and my god it blew us away. Power Stone was and still is one of the best couch co op games ever.

We sold our DC and games at CEX in 2002 or so to buy a game cube when it launched. We always regretted it so me and my bro started in 2005 recollecting our old game collection from nes, mega drive, saturn, snes, master system, dreamcast.

Here is a few pics of our Sega stuff

oh my word that's quite a sight!

Everyone at school was Nintendo around me but it was the Sega kid and never feel i made the wrong choice.

You lot are going to get me in trouble with the wife, i need to have all my retro stuff on display like that!!! :D :D

I did exactly what you did with my Megadrive to get my first saturn, traded boxed MD and 40+ games and boxed MCD with 20+ and walked away with a saturn, sega rally, VF2 and a scart cable lol. Never regret getting the saturn but MASSIVELY regret how I achieved it!

Last edited:
Soldato
Ah good man. It's a great game. I love how the fights aren't too difficult, the exploration is fun, nice vibrant world and my favourite part is solving the puzzles with all of the new psy energy that you unlock. I am going to play Chrono Trigger for the first time after this :)

enjoy mate
I played Chrono Trigger a few years back and (I know I'm going to be flamed for this) didn't really see the big appeal. Maybe it's because I missed it when it was new but I found it a bit confusing and hard to follow. Golden Sun seems good so far, but it's taken a little while to get going.

Back
Top Bottom