What TV shows are you currently watching

Caporegime
Just completed viewing the 2nd series of Fargo, and loved it like I did the first. Anything attached to the brothers Joel/Ethan Cohen seems to always be excellent. Let's see what the 3rd series is like.

Soldato
Just found this thread.... Will certainly look at some of these recommendations.

I've just watched Fallout, Twisted Metal, 3 Body Problem, Death's Game, The Gentlemen, and rewatched IT Crown again. I recommend them all!

Last edited:
Soldato
Started 'The Gentleman' two episodes in and sacked it off. Might have been good 20 years ago, but IMO TV has moved on, while Guy Ritchie's style hasn't. Will probably still resonate with youngsters though.

I'm no youngster and thoroughly enjoyed it. However, the 1st 2 episodes were great and dipped in the middle, picked up back towards the end. So if you didn't enjoy the 1st 2, then you've probably made the right decision to sack it off.

Associate
finally been persuaded to watch Clarkson's Farm. 1st 15 mins seem very predictable, I'm just bored of his persona. But the rest of the episode was actually quite alright. I'll try a few more episodes before deciding whether to watch them all

Soldato
Stranger things season 1

I am very impressed and enjoy it but oh boy this will not be for everyone

Recently seen only murderers in the building and Wednesday, both of those are also really good

Soldato
Finished 'The Gone' A very watchable if not great decretive series. Feels like a mixture of 'Savage River' and 'Hidden Assets'.

Back in 2007 'Heros' ushered in a new era where the story was completed before the end of the season, in part due to people being peed off by shows like 'Lost'. I'm surprised to see this show things it's a good idea to bring cliffhangers back.

Despite that, and its obvious budget, I'd rate it something below a 7/10. Let's say 6.7/10

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Just completed viewing the 2nd series of Fargo, and loved it like I did the first. Anything attached to the brothers Joel/Ethan Cohen seems to always be excellent. Let's see what the 3rd series is like.
1+2 are great
3+4 not great

I'm halfway through 5 and its been great so far, a return to form.

Caporegime
1+2 are great
3+4 not great

I'm halfway through 5 and its been great so far, a return to form.
Thanks. :)
I'm on the second episode of S3 but will carry on with it for the time being.
I'll see how it goes and if it doesn't live up to my hopes, then I'll move on to S4.

Soldato
Finished 'The Gone' A very watchable if not great decretive series. Feels like a mixture of 'Savage River' and 'Hidden Assets'.

Back in 2007 'Heros' ushered in a new era where the story was completed before the end of the season, in part due to people being peed off by shows like 'Lost'. I'm surprised to see this show things it's a good idea to bring cliffhangers back.

Despite that, and its obvious budget, I'd rate it something below a 7/10. Let's say 6.7/10
Blimey, I thought that was a real snorefest. If it had been more than 6 episodes I'd have binned it probably after the 2nd episode. Watchable, but really rather dull - 4/10.

Caporegime
Not so much 'am I watching' but I want to give Boardwalk Empire a go.

Any one in here watched it and is it worth watching?

It's one of the highest rated shows of all time, so definitely give it a go.

I really enjoyed it but it's not in my top 5 or even top 10. There was too much of a drop off in seasons 4 and 5 for me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom