What TV shows are you currently watching

Associate
Started Fallout and Baby Reindeer last night, quite different but both very good starts.

Quick question for Fallout on Prime, the first episode only had an ad or two before it started with no ads in the middle, is that just to hook me in or are they all like that? (not watched prime since the ads came in apart from Sand Job)
extra £2.99 a month to remove ads now. I just wish they increased the prime price a bit instead, just feels like change of conditions and price gouging on their part now

Soldato
Quick question for Fallout on Prime, the first episode only had an ad or two before it started with no ads in the middle, is that just to hook me in or are they all like that? (not watched prime since the ads came in apart from Sand Job)
I think it will vary. I don't think we all get the same based on the episode (my Ep 1 had 1 16s ad. Some later eps had nothing, one had 2, both about a minute long). I've not seen any mid-roll ads yet. Are they a thing?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Working my way through my to watch list

The Bear was brilliant
Loved Welcome to Wrexham season 2, binged it
On Silo now, first two episodes were great, third required some serious suspension of disbelief but still interested.

Bugger. Yet to watch and it's a shame as the first series was particularly good.

I had wondered if this would be the case with series two, because one of the characters in series one really made the show.
I think it was just "missing" something but I'm not sure what, if you know what I mean?

I loved the first one so much that a few months later I rewatched it all again!

I don't feel like that with this one. :(

Caporegime
Baby Reindeer, absolute masterpiece, a true story about Marther who stalks Donny played by Richard Gadd, the lead actor who also created the series, uniquely also it's a portrayal of Gadd's real life experience of being stalked!
It's number 1 in the UK on Netflix and has been in the US as well I believe

Just watched episode 4, harrowing stuff but would highly recommend the show to everyone.

Man of Honour
On Silo now, first two episodes were great, third required some serious suspension of disbelief but still interested.

Problem with Silo though an interesting enough show, the writers for the show went a bit of a different direction to the books and it actually makes no sense at all by the end - the actual truth would work more effectively than the lies, so there is no point to the lies.

Soldato
Problem with Silo though an interesting enough show, the writers for the show went a bit of a different direction to the books and it actually makes no sense at all by the end - the actual truth would work more effectively than the lies, so there is no point to the lies.

They'll get there in Season 2. I think the TV series did a better job than the books in pacing the plot and the big reveals. The lies are pretty integral to the whole plot and the actual truth will arrive in due course. Even the books reserve that until some way into Book 2.

I thought the TV series did a really good job in building the tension and suspense. A few silly moments where they gave in to TV tropes, but overall it was gritty and gripping.

Man of Honour
They'll get there in Season 2. I think the TV series did a better job than the books in pacing the plot and the big reveals. The lies are pretty integral to the whole plot and the actual truth will arrive in due course. Even the books reserve that until some way into Book 2.

I thought the TV series did a really good job in building the tension and suspense. A few silly moments where they gave in to TV tropes, but overall it was gritty and gripping.

Depends where they go with it in season 2 - but they'll have to diverge massively from the books to make it make sense from where they've taken it in the show, but ultimately season 1 just ties itself into a silly knot though I mostly enjoyed it.

Soldato
Depends where they go with it in season 2 - but they'll have to diverge massively from the books to make it make sense from where they've taken it in the show, but ultimately season 1 just ties itself into a silly knot though I mostly enjoyed it.

Season 1 of the TV only covers about half of Book 1 of the trilogy. I can't see any real problems with Season 2 covering the second half of Book 1, it's set up pretty nicely for that. How they tackle Book 2 and beyond is another matter though. But even with the books it's a rather jarring change of narrative. Obviously can't say too much more here.

Back
Top Bottom