Associate
Chunky Boi Sinn on a strap today

IMG-9185.jpg

Soldato
Chrono friends :D

Bloody links, can’t work out how to get them from imgur these days :mad:

Last edited:
Soldato
Sadly you have to pay a heavy cost to have any movement that is higher quality than generic ETA
This is pretty much the case :( Watches with decent in house movements start around 5k these days.

Not that there's really anything wrong with ETA movements, but the chronograph ones tend to be very thick. I've ruled out so many watches I really like the look of due to the sheer girth of them :(

Soldato
Always loved the el Primero's, but never thought I'd ever own one. The full RRP is prohibitive to say the least :p And I really had to swallow hard before even handing over the sale price :p

That's me done for buying watches for the foreseeable future anyway. The Mrs would probably kill me if I bought another one :D

Soldato
Always loved the el Primero's, but never thought I'd ever own one. The full RRP is prohibitive to say the least :p And I really had to swallow hard before even handing over the sale price :p

That's me done for buying watches for the foreseeable future anyway. The Mrs would probably kill me if I bought another one :D

Did you get an extra discount for that :eek:

Soldato
It's been a while since I've worn a watch, but after browsing a few watch shops lately the bug has bitten me once again.

Always wanted one of these so picked it up a month ago. Mondaine Stop2go.

And just had this delivered. Oris Big Crown x Cervo Volante.

That Oris is a beauty. Very classy.

Associate
Does anybody here have/had/been hands on with the Christopher Ward C63 Sealander GMT? Looking to pick this up soon in the dragonfly blue colour way but I'm unsure if I should pick up the 39mm or 36mm for my 16.5cm wrist. I'm sure the 39mm will be fine but I have doubts for some reason.

Also while I'm at it, does anybody have any watch box suggestions for around £100 and holding 6-8 watches?

Soldato
Does anybody here have/had/been hands on with the Christopher Ward C63 Sealander GMT? Looking to pick this up soon in the dragonfly blue colour way but I'm unsure if I should pick up the 39mm or 36mm for my 16.5cm wrist. I'm sure the 39mm will be fine but I have doubts for some reason.

Also while I'm at it, does anybody have any watch box suggestions for around £100 and holding 6-8 watches?
My wrist is 16.5cm. I currently have three watches all different sizes, 38mm, 40mm and 41mm. All fit and look just fine. Although the lug to lug on the 41mm is right on the limit. I would guess a 39mm would be perfect for you.

Associate
My wrist is 16.5cm. I currently have three watches all different sizes, 38mm, 40mm and 41mm. All fit and look just fine. Although the lug to lug on the 41mm is right on the limit. I would guess a 39mm would be perfect for you.

Thanks. I had a feeling it'd be fine as I'm pretty sure the lug to lug is shorter than my Stop2go but something in my mind started casting doubt. Probably due to divers typically wearing larger.

Back
Top Bottom