What’s the longest non-stop flight you’ve taken - distance or time?

Soldato
What’s the furthest you’ve flown non-stop? (Either time or distance.) How did you survive the trip?

I’ve hardly travelled so mine was to Barcelona which was about 2.5hrs. No special measures were needed to entertain myself.

Soldato
LHR to SFO many times which is around 11 hours depending on head or tail winds. I remember Los Angeles and Johannesburg being about the 11 hour mark as well, but no jet lag to South Africa which was nice.

Man of Honour
I haven’t been on it but I quite often deal with the Qantas QF9 Perth - Heathrow direct flight in my line of work. It comes in at around 18 hours which would drive me insane. I can’t image how anyone does that in business class never mind economy.

Associate
Continuous was probably Beijing to San Francisco, on average about 12-hours, and the real killer is you fly over the date/timeline, really messes you up...... Did this flight plus returns about 5 times, thankfully free booze in bsuiness class seen me through them :cry:

Permabanned
London to Hong Kong with Cathay. 12 hours 45 minutes. Thankfully this was before we had kids so it was a matter of reading a book and enjoying a few drinks.

Soldato
Did you have a fun time when you got there? :D

Seems like booze is OcUK's top tip for flights.

Nobody has a fun time when you get there..... It seemed like it was a four month medical trial on the effects of sleep depravation and alcohol abuse.
50743288142_4132b2c759_o_d.gif

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Heathrow - Manila direct, took about 13 hours.

I've travelled quite a few long haul flights and always prepare the same way, and it doesn't involve alcohol. I make sure I have the least amount of sleep possible before the flight so when I get on the plane I'm already super tired so sleep for most of it :p

Associate
I once flew Sydney to Barbados. Sydney to Singapore. Get off the plane for refueling, have to dump all of your bottled water etc because they make you g back through security onto the same plane you just got off (pretty sure it was even the same seat but they wouldn't let you leave anything on board). Singapore to Heathrow. Bus to Gatwick. Gatwick to Bridgetown. I think it was about 43 hours of travelling. Maybe more.

A couple of weeks before that I did Heathrow to Honolulu via San Francisco(with a 45 min connection, which I missed).

All of these were in economy and I don't really sleep much on planes. Great fun.

I realise they are not technically direct but if we are talking ridiculous flights then it probably deserves a mention.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom