What’s the longest non-stop flight you’ve taken - distance or time?

Soldato
Absolutely love a long haul flight. So much time to watch movies, eat and drink. Good even in economy.

Longest I’ve done are London to Tokyo and Singapore.

Honourable mentions for London to Cape Town, Joburg to Sydney and Frankfurt to San Francisco.

Gatwick (iirc) to Male (Maldives) was about 11 hours
Then on arrival a 4 hour! boat trip to get to the Island
**** that, $400 later and a 30 minute seaplane instead. Was awesome looking at the islands, and then landing on the water :)
Seaplane was absolutely awesome.

So I paid again for the return journey and we got some massive vibrating helicopter you basically couldn't see out of :(

Soldato
Are you 5'5 or something. I'm not hooge (About 6'1) and economy is horrible long haul. Longest economy flight i've done is Heathrow to LA and it was horrid.

6’2” - I guess I just really like sitting down and being served meals and booze for a prolonged period of time. Probably helps that I’ve not done longer than 4h with the kids :cry: Maybe I’m weird that I still find flying exciting no matter the purpose or destination.

Soldato
Heathrow to Accra Ghana on a Boeing 707 in the early sixties..

I cannot remember the flight time as I have lost my BOAC junior jet club handbook. I was about ten years old flying unaccompanied.

I did fly to east Africa at about three months old but I don't remember that one and I suspect the plane landed more than once for fuel.

Soldato
6’2” - I guess I just really like sitting down and being served meals and booze for a prolonged period of time. Probably helps that I’ve not done longer than 4h with the kids :cry: Maybe I’m weird that I still find flying exciting no matter the purpose or destination.
I’m with you. I’m 6’1 and really don’t mind economy. Amsterdam to Tokyo would be the longest I’ve done, but economy is totally fine. You can watch some films, walk around a bit, relax, eat and drink. It’s really not that bad!

Associate
London to Hong Kong, just under 13 hours I think.

Longest continuous journey was around 23 hours on The Ghan (train) from Alice Springs to Adelaide. Not a shred of comfort to be found, possibly the most miserable night I've had that didn't involve sickness!

Last edited:

SPG

SPG

Soldato
12 and bit hrs, Frankfurt to LA plane had about 40 people on it. Was proper drunk and was so close to joining the mile high club but failed at the last hurdle. Fun flight that one :)

Back
Top Bottom