Gigabyte Aorus X670E Master

Associate
I had the 670e Master until yesterday. No end of issues with the thing.

USB Dropouts with USB mics connected while in game, tried different mic's
Top M.2 closest to cpu was only ever running at x2, regardless of the nvme's I put in there.
Also had a PCIE device die, might of been the board?
I had xmp memory which was working but with all the above issues maybe dud sticks, I tried some EXPO memory, board decided to overwrite the EXPO memory settings and had the 1.25volts to 4.1 lol (had to return the memory) - was never able to get it to run at 6000Mhz after than, luckily the previous sticks worked at 6000Mhz using XMP profile.
Booting issues, I probably got a dud, but I had no end of issues with x570 master as well.

Anway got an MSI Carbon and it was DOA (my luck sucks), now on an ASUS Crosshair Hero, works perfectly - all the same hardware as previous... so either Asus have a better firmware or there was a hardware issue with the Gigabyte.

Shame these are so expensive :/

Soldato
That’s a real shame because hardware wise it looks superb. I like the fact it’s got metal shielded ram slots for example, and a backplate, neither of which the hero has (the hero SHOULD have at its price point!). For £500 the Master looks comparatively excellent value. No good if it doesn’t work though!

I was initially tempted to look at the B650E master but been reading a lot of reports about black screen under CPU load.

Last edited:
Associate
Weight between the Gigabyte and the Asus is about the same considering the massive backplate on the Gigabyte, I also like the fact that the main NVME heatsink is not touching the chipset's on the ASUS :)

The Gigabyte looks great on paper and visually but as you said, way too many issues for my liking :/

Associate
Their seems to be a few problems with these Gigabyte boards, I had nothing but boot problems with mine. It took 2 returns to the supplier before they found the fault, it was a nightmare to sort.

Lucky for me I managed to get a refund and the new Asus board is working great

And my board didn't come with a manual either

Last edited:
Associate
Their seems to be a few problems with these Gigabyte boards, I had nothing but boot problems with mine. It took 2 returns to the supplier before they found the fault, it was a nightmare to sort.

Lucky for me I managed to get a refund and the new Asus board is working great

And my board didn't come with a manual either
Luckily, I haven't had any issues at all with this motherboard so far. The only issue I have had is having to change some settings in the bios when EXPO wasn't working. I had the Master X570 board and not many issues with that either, just some problems getting the RGB to work, that later got sorted.

I wanted the ASUS board this time round, but can't justify it without a backplate!

Last edited:
Associate
has anyone worked out how to put this board into 105w eco mode?
Hi, I followed this guide and reduce the power levels manually in the bios to match the 105W parts:

Associate
Hello

Not sure to this help , but for me any issues related to memory fixed manually setup DRAM voltage

DDR_VDD Voltage 1,350 v
DDR_VDDQ Voltage 1,350 v
DDR_VPP Voltage 1.800 v

EXPO set to EXPO1

I also manually chaanged timings from auto to those which suggest EXPO1

Before that i couldn't boot with EXPO at all .. hope it helps

Associate
Has anyone noticed Bios updates for this board improving idle power consumption? I read on a forum that someone updated an Asus X670E board and idles much lower now. I currently idle 30W with my 7900X with the Gigabyte Master with the F8 bios. Thinking of waiting for the next non beta bios (one without a letter included) and giving that a try. Not many issues currently, so haven't felt the need to update.

Associate
Latest BIOS released..... F10c

1. Checksum : 4412
  2. Update AMD AGESA 1.0.0.6
  3. Support DDR5 48GB/24GB high capacity DIMMs
  4. Fix TPM 2.0 potential vulnerabilities
  5. Optimized for Ryzen 7000 X3D series CPU
Latest update looks like it was to address the issue of over-voltage identified as the cause of burnt out pins on X3D Ryzens

Last edited:
Associate
Latest BIOS released..... F10d
  1. Checksum : D43E
  5. Follow AMD guidance to limit max. SOC voltage to 1.3V for Ryzen 7000 series X3D and non-X3D CPUs. Certain EXPO/XMP memory performance may be impacted due to this change.

Associate
Seems that Gigabyte still has issues related to the SOC voltage going to above the limit stated above (1.361v according to this WCCFTech article).

This is the same problem that ASUS is having, as reported by Der8auer and GamersNexus.

I'm still on F8 and have the SOC registering 1.3v plus or minus 0.004v or so, with EXPO enabled.

I think I'll be sticking with the BIOS I have until these motherboard makers sort this issue properly.

Associate
Seems that Gigabyte still has issues related to the SOC voltage going to above the limit stated above (1.361v according to this WCCFTech article).

This is the same problem that ASUS is having, as reported by Der8auer and GamersNexus.

I'm still on F8 and have the SOC registering 1.3v plus or minus 0.004v or so, with EXPO enabled.

I think I'll be sticking with the BIOS I have until these motherboard makers sort this issue properly.
I am on bios F7 still and have SOC exactly the same as you with EXPO enabled. Waiting for F10 to get out of beta to give that a go.

Associate
New BIOS released... F10
  1. Checksum : 56F1
  5. Follow AMD guidance to limit max. SOC voltage to 1.3V for Ryzen 7000 series X3D and non-X3D CPUs. Certain EXPO/XMP memory performance may be impacted due to this change.
This is the first non-beta bios since 22 Mar 2023.

Last edited:
Associate
I just updated to F10 bios and absolute nightmare, no post and can't get to BIOS. I keep getting stuck on code 97 and PCIE is red on motherboard readout.
I have since been able to re-flash the bios and now working again after about 10 shutdowns and a lot of googling. These X670E boards are fine when they actually work! I should have just left it alone.

Associate
I have since been able to re-flash the bios and now working again after about 10 shutdowns and a lot of googling. These X670E boards are fine when they actually work! I should have just left it alone.
What a nightmare, but good to hear you've managed to sort it. Did you flash back to the previous bios or do F10 again?

Soldato
Last time I did a bios update on this board I thought I had killed it. It flashed but then went to a blank screen which I left on for about an hour then reset it. Of course it always says don’t reset during a flash but I didn’t know what was going on. LUCKILY it went ok. I will be honest I had similar weird things with a Gigabyte z690 board before.

Back
Top Bottom