Gigabyte Aorus X670E Master

Associate
let us know how it goes if you update!
After hours of testing, it was rock solid stable, plus it allowed gear down mode to be fully stable and now I got 6200Mhz running with gear down mode disabled and going to test that now.

I can say it’s a solid bios, but why on earth they did not put the nitro options in the DDR timing section is a puzzle, its in the AMD overclocking section and you need to enable it and then enable robust training.

I will be very interested if this works for you at last with the longer training, but you will need theopathy at the end of training as you will have code 15 forever imprinted in your mind lol.

Soldato
I’m absolutely sick to the back teeth of this board, every time I do a bios update, it takes an age to get the board to boot again, messing around with memory sticks moving them from one slot to the other. I worked out after a few bios updates that Normal routine would be, after bios update take out both sticks, then move 1 stick to A1 then try and boot to get 0d message, then switch off. Then move stick from A1 to A2 (correct slot for 1 stick) and boot to bios and windows with one stick, then switch off computer and install stick 2 and boot to windows then restart and put in all old settings xmp etc.
After the latest bios update, I can not get XMP to activate and can not even change the memory frequently to its rated speed, any change to its speed results in a constant bios 15 code. I fully understand why people chose Intel over AMD, I’m so close at the minute to doing the same thing.

Associate
I’m absolutely sick to the back teeth of this board, every time I do a bios update, it takes an age to get the board to boot again, messing around with memory sticks moving them from one slot to the other. I worked out after a few bios updates that Normal routine would be, after bios update take out both sticks, then move 1 stick to A1 then try and boot to get 0d message, then switch off. Then move stick from A1 to A2 (correct slot for 1 stick) and boot to bios and windows with one stick, then switch off computer and install stick 2 and boot to windows then restart and put in all old settings xmp etc.
After the latest bios update, I can not get XMP to activate and can not even change the memory frequently to its rated speed, any change to its speed results in a constant bios 15 code. I fully understand why people chose Intel over AMD, I’m so close at the minute to doing the same thing.
I haven't been able to get any other bios than F8 to work, even at stock settings.

I have still had to mess around with multiple settings in the bios to get it to be stable running the ram at 4800MHz.

It's the only bios that doesn't memory train forever and never boot into Windows.

I can get EXPO to work at 6000MHz but it randomly crashes every now and then. Next step is to try lowering infinity fabric or memory clock. I may try and increase SOC voltage but that is already at 1.250V.

Soldato
I haven't been able to get any other bios than F8 to work, even at stock settings.

I have still had to mess around with multiple settings in the bios to get it to be stable running the ram at 4800MHz.

It's the only bios that doesn't memory train forever and never boot into Windows.

I can get EXPO to work at 6000MHz but it randomly crashes every now and then. Next step is to try lowering infinity fabric or memory clock. I may try and increase SOC voltage but that is already at 1.250V.
All squared away this morning with the previous settings, guess it was just my motherboards time of the month

Associate
After hours of testing, it was rock solid stable, plus it allowed gear down mode to be fully stable and now I got 6200Mhz running with gear down mode disabled and going to test that now.

I can say it’s a solid bios, but why on earth they did not put the nitro options in the DDR timing section is a puzzle, its in the AMD overclocking section and you need to enable it and then enable robust training.

I will be very interested if this works for you at last with the longer training, but you will need theopathy at the end of training as you will have code 15 forever imprinted in your mind lol.

Only issue I've had since updating to F13a is that the boot will hang when I do a restart. Bit weird but I just switch off and on again and it boots fine.

Associate

Did you ever get around to testing the new bios?
Only issue I've had since updating to F13a is that the boot will hang when I do a restart. Bit weird but I just switch off and on again and it boots fine.
Had that once, but never happened again, but I given this bios a good going over and this is what I think of this board.

Firstly, it made my M die kit work with GDM disabled, but I brought some G skill 8000mhz A die kit and this totals to 4 kits of A die that io brought over the few months for this board and I can not get them to work with tight timings? I can boot at 8000mhz and is stable with loose timings, then just tighten them and its game over, even at 7800mhz 7600mhz, testing 6400mhz 1:1 mode and again not stable.

Don’t know if this board just hates A die, its seems to like M die best, strange.

Associate
Did you ever get around to testing the new bios?

Had that once, but never happened again, but I given this bios a good going over and this is what I think of this board.

Firstly, it made my M die kit work with GDM disabled, but I brought some G skill 8000mhz A die kit and this totals to 4 kits of A die that io brought over the few months for this board and I can not get them to work with tight timings? I can boot at 8000mhz and is stable with loose timings, then just tighten them and its game over, even at 7800mhz 7600mhz, testing 6400mhz 1:1 mode and again not stable.

Don’t know if this board just hates A die, its seems to like M die best, strange.
I don't want to say I have solved my issue, but I seem to now be stable with F8 bios and EXPO at 6000MHz. I had to change the infinity fabric to 1800MHz from 2000MHz. Not sure what sort of latency or performance drop I get from that.

I haven't changed any of the settings that affect voltages at all (other than auto EXPO settings) and am hoping to avoid that. I imagine I could get it stable at normal EXPO by messing with ram or soc voltages.

If I can get it stable with this bios, there is no way I am flashing another bios on this motherboard. Couldn't get most of the newer bios to get into windows and they would all just hang forever at memory training code 15. I have not tried the latest bios though.

Last edited:
Associate

From my testing of this F13b it is awful, memory not so stable and yesterday I booted my PC and the LAN adapter was not working, so I had no internet for half a day.

How I got it to work again as in windows it was missing in the device manager, saying to reconnect the LAN adapter. I reverted back to F13a and still no Lan adapter, cleared cmos and everything, still nothing, at this point I thought the board was bricked. Then I went to F10 bios and still no Lan adapter then I had an idea as I have a profile saved to USB stick for F10, so I loaded that and save and reset, then it said C5 reset, then I just rebooted again, and it brought the Lan adapter back to life.

Wow, I had zero luck with this board or AM5 in general.

Associate
I don't want to say I have solved my issue, but I seem to now be stable with F8 bios and EXPO at 6000MHz. I had to change the infinity fabric to 1800MHz from 2000MHz. Not sure what sort of latency or performance drop I get from that.

I haven't changed any of the settings that affect voltages at all (other than auto EXPO settings) and am hoping to avoid that. I imagine I could get it stable at normal EXPO by messing with ram or soc voltages.

If I can get it stable with this bios, there is no way I am flashing another bios on this motherboard. Couldn't get most of the newer bios to get into windows and they would all just hang forever at memory training code 15. I have not tried the latest bios though.
No, stay where you are, if its working that is the main thing, while it looks good the new bios it as a few problems like F13b, my word, that bios is fudged, it left me without internet most of the day.

Thinking of trying another board at the moment as I keep hitting a brick wall with A Die memory on this one and I contacted Gigabyte and AMD telling them all the problems that need fixing as it did take a long time to write only to get a reply saying from AMD, EXPO is overclocking and it can burn the CPU blah blah, I could not believe it, plus I contacted Gigabyte and they said the same thing, great, but advertise the CPUS and memory hitting 8000Mhz .

One thing about this board and Gigabyte boards in general that I did not know is that high voltage mode above 1.43VDD is blocked as I was trying to set the VDD what my ram needs 1.45VDD and no go, you have to do a tweak to get past it and still it never works all the time, while ASUS and others have fixed this HV mode.

So, mate, if it is working don’t touch it and just enjoy it.

Associate
No, stay where you are, if its working that is the main thing, while it looks good the new bios it as a few problems like F13b, my word, that bios is fudged, it left me without internet most of the day.

Thinking of trying another board at the moment as I keep hitting a brick wall with A Die memory on this one and I contacted Gigabyte and AMD telling them all the problems that need fixing as it did take a long time to write only to get a reply saying from AMD, EXPO is overclocking and it can burn the CPU blah blah, I could not believe it, plus I contacted Gigabyte and they said the same thing, great, but advertise the CPUS and memory hitting 8000Mhz .

One thing about this board and Gigabyte boards in general that I did not know is that high voltage mode above 1.43VDD is blocked as I was trying to set the VDD what my ram needs 1.45VDD and no go, you have to do a tweak to get past it and still it never works all the time, while ASUS and others have fixed this HV mode.

So, mate, if it is working don’t touch it and just enjoy it.
Yeah, will definitely be sticking with this bios if I can keep it stable!

We really shouldn't be having this many problems and bios should at least be stable at stock settings whatever hardware you have.

It's funny as I never had any issues like this with my previous X570 Gigabyte Master.

Hope you get sorted with your issues!

Associate
Yeah, will definitely be sticking with this bios if I can keep it stable!

We really shouldn't be having this many problems and bios should at least be stable at stock settings whatever hardware you have.

It's funny as I never had any issues like this with my previous X570 Gigabyte Master.

Hope you get sorted with your issues!
Totally agree, the bios should be stable for all stock setting, but you have to wonder what’s going on.

What I find strange about this board is that it looks the dogs you know what’s, its built like a tank, but the bios is like, WTF comes to mind.

I have had four sets of A die kits and they all are unstable which the first kits I returned as faulty, but now I had a kit ratted 6400, and the one I have now, 8000, all running at 6000Mhz and it just amazes me that my cheaper M die kit on this board blows them out the water, it just works, so one kit out of five, means it’s the bios.

I would have thought it’s my CPU, but I had a few due to the V-soc problems and all acted the same way, so, it got to be the board.

I remember my x570 board, so solid, it was faultless, this is just annoying as I think I am testing my PC for stability more than using it.

I wish you luck as well, may you keep stable:).

Last edited:
Associate
Another day another bios, bios F13c is out and guess what, F13b as been removed from the site.

I updated to the new bios hoping to do some memory overclocking at last, but no, it bricked my Lan adapter again, I rolled back to F10 and its back to life again, I install F13a that worked for me before and that bricks the Lan adapter as well now for some unknown reason.

Gone back to F10 and what I can tell the UEFI driver in the bios is missing for me on the F13 bios, but F10 its there. Spoke to a few other users on other Gigabyte boards and two others had the same problem and one was a B650 AX board.

I have just reported this as it needs fixing but because of all the problems and the limited voltage for memory I have just received a ASUS X670 GENE board that I ordered, it’s a shame, I like the look of the Aorus Master its built like no other, but Christ sake, that bios is a mess.

I wish you guys luck on any new bios releases.

Associate
So, F13c is working fine apart from the same restart issue that was introduced with F13a, ie it gets stuck before the post and required a hard off and on via the power button.

Aside from that, everything else seems fine, with my Trident Z5 6000 64gb (dual DIMM) kit running EXPO without any problems.

Still getting the same debug code of EA on every boot other than a restart, which achieves A0. Bit strange but doesn't impact stability.

Associate
Helllo all
Could You lads help me out with some BIOS settings ? 7800x3d on Gigabyte x670e Master, im not sure how to set CPU_VDDIO_MEM voltage , should be on Auto / 1.1 V or as some say same as RAM 1,35 V ?
Also i use currently F13D BIOS , funny is on auto VSOC hit with EXPO 1.55V ... i thought Gigabyte fix that ?

ANyway any advice will be much appreciated

Associate
I had this board on my shortlist, though it seems there are some bios issues from this thread.

Would you recommended it, or buy it again given the chance of starting from scratch?

Associate
I had this board on my shortlist, though it seems there are some bios issues from this thread.

Would you recommended it, or buy it again given the chance of starting from scratch?
On paper its a really great board. I am sure lots of people haven't had that many issues with it. I would definitely not buy it again if I knew about all the bios/memory issues I would have had.

I had the MSI MPG Carbon X670E as an option when I was buying, would probably give that one a go now. That's ATX not EATX though.

Associate
I'm leaning towards the Asus X670E-F as it has slightly better USB, an external clock (not sure I need it but nice to have the option) and is a bit cheaper. The MSI Carbon Wifi does have the option to using the PCIE Slots in 8x8x4x, not sure I need more than the 16x4x that both these boards offer though.

The Aorus Master is very similar but you have 16x(Gen5) 4x(Gen4) 2x(Gen3) though not sure how useful a 2x PCIE slot is. The extra price and these bios issues seem to reinforce the Asus might be the better option for me (despite the rep Asus have of late).

I'll leave you to get back on track talking about the Gigabyte, thanks!

Associate
Ive been running the x670e Aorus Master for the past few months, by the sounds of it ive been lucky... The system is rock solid no boot issues and everything works just fine.

My setup is a 7950x with 32gb of Corsair Dominator Platinum 6000mhz with Expo turned on CMT32GX5M2D6000Z36.

I was expecting the worst with this being my first AMD build in about 15 years. But pleasantly surprised on how good it is... No wait times on posting/ memory training and instant into windows even after a bios update.

Associate
Ive been running the x670e Aorus Master for the past few months, by the sounds of it ive been lucky... The system is rock solid no boot issues and everything works just fine.

My setup is a 7950x with 32gb of Corsair Dominator Platinum 6000mhz with Expo turned on CMT32GX5M2D6000Z36.

I was expecting the worst with this being my first AMD build in about 15 years. But pleasantly surprised on how good it is... No wait times on posting/ memory training and instant into windows even after a bios update.
Hi there.

I have just checked and I have exactly the same RAM as you. Serial number is completely the same.

I have a 7900x. I guess the IMC in the CPU could be just not that great, but it seems to have serious issues even running at stock, without messing with settings in the BIOS.

I had been crashing again recently with random black screen restarts with code 00. I have increased the SOC voltage from 1.250V to 1.275V for EXPO and that has been ok for the past week.

I don't trust it though, as I have had it work for 2 weeks then crash multiple times in a row.

It is a shame because before I flashed from Bios F8 to F10 I could run stock and EXPO with no issues. I flashed due to issues with reported failures of CPUs and new bios limiting voltages etc. I am just running presumably without any of that updated protection.

I have tried older and new bios and with a fair amount of testing I usually memory train forever on every boot. F8 works fine up until random crashes and boots very fast.

From reading around it seems possible that the updated bios hard wrote something to the CPU that has changed some power setting that may be causing issues. Trouble is with an intermittent issues it could be a number of things.

When it works its been great though. I built a custom loop so that makes troubleshooting very hard. I would have swapped out multiple components by now otherwise.

Glad to hear you are working well though :). My one tip would be, if it works don't try and fix it with another bios flash.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom