Air fryers

Soldato
I have a memory of my mate telling me about a double wide drawer for the ninja dual fryer that you could buy to cook bigger things in than the dual slots would allow. He denies knowing what I am talking about and I cant find any messages about it nor can I find anything like it using google or amazon. I'm wondering if I read it on here somewhere or if someone else has heard of this and could help me out.

Soldato
Thanks for the replies, but we have a dual air fryer already. My memory is of someone talking about a double wide drawer you could buy on its own that would fit in place of the two separate drawers.

If you look at the second picture here - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dehydrate-Portions-Non-Stick-Dishwasher-AF400UK/dp/B09BZR9JFG - you can see that it is a big cavity in the machine without the dual drawers in place, so a single wider drawer would fit.

I’m starting to think it was all a dream.

Last edited:
Soldato
4th why do you need so many.

One is the Instant Pot Duo Crisp, which I use mostly for sous vide, pressure cook and occasional air fry.
One is the Foodi Max Health grill, which we like to use with the probe to get perfect results with meats.
One is the Speedi 10 in 1 which the OH enjoys using for instant meals and to work alongside the Foodi Max Health Grill.
This one (AF300UK) has a place for us, the OH really really wanted this one and I always get her what she wants + I batch cook quite often and this will be useful.

Oh and it takes her mind off the fact I will be selling the range for something smaller soon :D

And air frying mad :cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
Thinking of grabbing an air fryer - are the Ninja's worth the extra money over the competition?

Have been looking at the dual drawer models and the foodi 10 in 1

Just bought the dual draw and looking forward to using it.

Currently have the Foodi Max Health Grill and Speedi 10-1 and both get used all the time.

Not sure tbh if the Ninja is better or not over other names though as we have only tried a generic supermarket one before and still have the Instant Pot Duo, which gets used less as an air fryer than the others.

fizGfTS.jpg

Just arrived.

Associate
So my old Philips air fryer is slowly dying. Quickly discovered Ninja seems to offer the best range of products, and having their ice cream machine I like the quality of the brand. The question now is what do I get? Grill? Air fryer? Multi cooker? I basically want it for making chicken and fries, so to me it sounds like i should go for the air fryer, right? A multi cooker seems like a compromise when it comes to air frying, and I don't think I have any interest in preassure cooking. The only other thing i make is meat in different forms, stakes and beef. Use the sous vide some times and sear in the pan. What do you think guys?

Soldato
Where the hell do you store all that stuff?

Must take up so much room on the counter.

I designed our kitchen to have all undercounter draw units and one floor to ceiling larder, with a few other units under the boiler.
These house all the countertop items we have and allow a good central workspace.

Soldato
I designed our kitchen to have all undercounter draw units and one floor to ceiling larder, with a few other units under the boiler.
These house all the countertop items we have and allow a good central workspace.

Nice. I’d love a huge kitchen with a massive walk in larder to store all that type of stuff but I guess I wouldn’t end up using any of it!

Soldato
i thought it was money wasted when we already have an electric fan oven.
wont be redundant - until someone explains to me how you heat up the plates you eat the meal off,
the fan oven or combouwave still needs turning on at 100C for 10mins.

recently saw this though

VonShef Plate Warmer Electric – 12 Plate Heater for Warming Dinner Plates to 73°C, Folding & Compact, Ideal for Sunday Lunch & Christmas – Grey (200W)​

Soldato
Nice. I’d love a huge kitchen with a massive walk in larder to store all that type of stuff but I guess I wouldn’t end up using any of it!

We were lucky to be able to convert a galley kitchen into a much larger room, by removing a second, joining room and making it into one large square space, which allowed me to expand my hobby of cooking, add a breakfast bar (All day dining would be a better name) and collecting air fryers :cry:

Upcoming changes will be to remove the range cooker and build a floor to ceiling unit for an oven, microwave and one of the air fryers.

Back
Top Bottom