Air fryers

Soldato
OK, I’ve done some reading up and have gone for that AF451UK. I like the idea that I can throw [for example] some breadcrumbed fish in one side, some chips in the other, set up the timer and temperature on each side, push the sync button and let it do it all automatically.

Yesterday they were full price on Amazon. Today, they’re £30 cheaper. Result.
That's of my favourite features too. I can do chicken breast on one side and chips on the other. Set them both to different times and temps and they finish at the same time ready for me to eat. I barely use my oven now.

Soldato
How are people getting on with the Life span of these units? if they need replacing every few years, then they become less cost effictve than using your oven

Soldato
How are people getting on with the Life span of these units? if they need replacing every few years, then they become less cost effictve than using your oven

I still have my OG Philips at well over 10 years old, I think more like 12 now - still get used almost daily. It outlasted a full sized oven, and has moved houses a couple of time as well!

Soldato
Cosori Dual Zone/Basket air fryer here. Upgraded from a single drawer Cosori. Previous one was great, this one has been great so far. Can’t complain. Currently £30 off on Amazon.

Associate
Have a Ninja AF100UK since 2020 still works great but have replaced the crisper plate as food began to stick to it.
Think the new plate was only £8ish from ninja inc del.

Last edited:
Soldato
Have the smaller ninja duel, would like something bigger, had the current one for just over a year and it’s excellent but we often need to shuffle things around due to the smaller size baskets.

Was thinking of the AF451 or the flex draw model AF500, just can’t decide, I like the thought of the probe on the 451 and also it’s easy to having 2 draws than one huge basket.

Soldato
Avoid Ninja, got the top of the range one and some sensor i've never used has gone bad and they're not interested because i got it just before they switched to 2 year warrantys; it still looks like new and is worthless.

Soldato
Avoid Ninja, got the top of the range one and some sensor i've never used has gone bad and they're not interested because i got it just before they switched to 2 year warrantys; it still looks like new and is worthless.

Ok so you been unlucky but Ninja are one of the most popular selling airfryers on the market, not exactly a brand to avoid.

I’m leaning towards the AF500 flexi draw, can anyone who had this one let me know your thoughts please.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok so you been unlucky but Ninja are one of the most popular selling airfryers on the market, not exactly a brand to avoid.

I’m leaning towards the AF500 flexi draw, can anyone who had this one let me know your thoughts please.

I haven't tried one so can't say how well they work, but I do like the idea of having the flexibility of the large drawer option. If I was in the market and didn't already have an AF451, I would certainly be researching the AF500.

Soldato
Have the smaller ninja duel, would like something bigger, had the current one for just over a year and it’s excellent but we often need to shuffle things around due to the smaller size baskets.

Was thinking of the AF451 or the flex draw model AF500, just can’t decide, I like the thought of the probe on the 451 and also it’s easy to having 2 draws than one huge basket.

I already have the AF400UK if I was looking to buy now I would be going with the AF500UK

Last edited:
Soldato
I can't believe I've waited so long before trying peppers in the air fryer, it's a complete game changer!

Did you stuff them? They came out nice when I did them that way in the air fryer.

It's funny how you suddenly realise that something just works. For example I remember being well pleased when I realised how quick it is to knock out a decent baked potato. Give it (say) 8 minutes in the microwave, then coat with some salt and olive oil and after 10 minutes in the air fryer you have a crispy jacket spud in less than 20 minutes.

Soldato
Had the AG551UK for 3 years now, gets used all the time and cannot see it going 'pop' for a while, but if did, then would be happy to replace.

air fryers can last a very long time, I have one of the early Tefal Actifry models that is so basic that it has only one temperature and a timer and nothing else.

The timer broke lol, so now my only options are as follows. Machine on, Machine off

Back
Top Bottom