Anyone been to any of the Arcade Club's?

Soldato
I've been to Bury a few times and it is pretty big! Spread across 4 floors of an old mill.

From my very poor memory, I think it has...

Ground floor is pool tables, basketball and dance machines
First floor is modern consoles and others
Second floor is PCs and some weird Japanese import retro arcade machies
Third floor is absolutely packed full of arcade machines of various ages, this is where I spend most of my time when I go

I'd like to go to the others to compare but I've always enjoyed Bury whenever I've been. You only pay once so there's nothing stopping you from spending a few hours at Arcade Club, popping off for something to eat in town and then heading back to the club later.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Looks awesome!

I have watched a few videos of the Blackpool Arcade Club and it looks pretty epic too. Maybe not quite as many games as Bury but Blackpool is easier for me to get to plus there is plenty other stuff for my Wife and Daughter to do when they inevitably get bored at the arcade!

Soldato
It is really good, I plan to take my son in a couple of weeks (he's 7). You could easily spend an afternoon in there and only get through a small number of machines.

The last time I went I probably spent over 45 minutes on Terminator 2 alone, it's all free play so you just hit a button for another credit... you could play for hours!

Yeah Blackpool is probably better if you have family because there is so much more to do outside of the arcade. In Bury you have a cinema and bowling alley within a 10 minute walk, that's about it for kids entertainment.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Went to the Bury one. Absolutely incredible place and loved it. Like 100 times better than any arcade that was about back in the day

That's what I was thinking too. Something like arcade club back in the 90's where there are hundreds of games all on free play for a one off entry fee would have been my personal paradise!

I have my own mame cabinet but it doesn't really compare.

Associate
I've been to the one in bury a few times for my work teams Christmas do. It's fantastic, worth every penny, even the food and drink is well priced :)
I'm curious if I still have the fastest time on the original Time Crisis arcade ;)

Soldato
I've been to Bury, and Leeds. Leeds is much closer, so planning on going back there.

We took 2 kids with us to Leeds an it was a blast! If you go with any younger children who might not be able to reach some of the cabinets, just take a folding foot stool.

Bury is the best I've been to if you can get there. Leeds is still an amazing day out though. Price for food and drinks is also reasonable.

Some games might be busy, depending on how popular they are. Plenty of other games to play though while you wait.

Associate
Have been to Bury twice and Blackpool twice, went to the Blackpool on a Friday evening both times, great selection of games and the bar and food prices were ok.
Will be going back soon, would highly recommend a visit!

Soldato
How much is it and for how long? is every single machine on free-to-play?

Price is for all day, you can also come and go from the venue, so long as you keep your wristband on. All cabinets, consoles, pcs, pinball machines are free once you gain entry.

@nft_99, I've heard that Blackpool doesn't have as big a selection of the others?

Associate
A decent selection of cabinets, the old school stuff was all there Outrun, Ghost n Goblins, Gauntlet, Bombjack and Bubble bobble.
I think there were some consoles in a side room and not many pinball machines if that what you are looking for Bury would be a better option.
Old school games Blackpool has plenty!

Associate
I took 3 of my kids of varying ages to the Leeds one. We spent nearly a full day in. I loved it and they loved it almost as much as me. This was just before Covid lockdown sonim overdue another visit.

The top floor had more modern stuff that I tried to keep the kids away from as they can play Minecraft anytime!

I remember thinking food was ok and not too badly priced, it was just basic stuff like Pizza.

Back
Top Bottom