Anyone been to any of the Arcade Club's?

Associate
I go to the bury one at least twice a year. Went recently and it just keeps getting better. The new room with all the Astro City Candy cabs was a dream for me.

The only thing I struggle with is the heat in the place. They really could do with investing in Climate control. The place can get really hot. All those CRT's pump out some heat!

Associate
I've been to the Bury one many times and love it. I feel like a kid in a candy shop every time I'm there.

I go to the bury one at least twice a year. Went recently and it just keeps getting better. The new room with all the Astro City Candy cabs was a dream for me.

The only thing I struggle with is the heat in the place. They really could do with investing in Climate control. The place can get really hot. All those CRT's pump out some heat!
The heat in that room specifically is horrific, cooling it down would do wonders and probably get more traffic.

Associate
OP
I may try head to the Blackpool one next week if I get chance. Taking the kids to Blackpool on Thursday, staying over for the night, going to Sea Life and the Zoo while there.

Might try find a way sneak in a visit if I can.

Nice. Would be very interested what you think of it as Blackpool is the one I plan on visiting.

Associate
I took the kids to the Blackpool one this week, overall really good, there wasn't many recent games to play on but I enjoyed myself, I wouldn't say it was busy, but I'm not sure what busy would look like but I was never waiting long for people to finish playing on something.

Food was decent for the price and we stayed in for most of the day.

Looking at the Bury and Leeds games list suggest these are bigger with more choice so Bury is next on the list, for a first time visit though Blackpool was good

Don
Last week I took the kids to Arcade Warehouse Lincoln.

Not as many older games as I would have liked, mostly late 90s (e.g
star wars trilogy arcade), early 00s (outrun 2 etc), but still a fairly good mix with lots of 2 player driving and shooting machines, as well as a fair selection of other cabinets, pinball machines, as well as gaming pcs, vr and pcs running various retro games.
Highlights from the kids were Just Dance, Guitar Hero, as well as the air hockey tables.

Soldato
9 quid for 2 hours? Thats bit of a downer though it was a whole day ticket blackpool one was giving for 16 quid.
Since black pool is 150miles away from me id have to plan it as a mini holiday and stay a night or 2 in a hotel then come back

DHR

DHR

Soldato
Been to all of them a few times, love them. Bury is the flagship really but some of the stuff they have in Leeds is excellent, Blackpool is also great but probably third out the bunch.

Associate
9 quid for 2 hours? Thats bit of a downer though it was a whole day ticket blackpool one was giving for 16 quid.
Since black pool is 150miles away from me id have to plan it as a mini holiday and stay a night or 2 in a hotel then come back
I think hes talking about something else not Arcade Club. Thats £17 all day.

Associate
OP
I'll be honest, I have no idea! :D
Not something I'd actively look for, but reading the thread made me think "hey cool idea"

Down at Clarence Pier, Southsea. Not really a patch on Arcade Club right enough.

Came to the realisation that my mame cab has more games than all these arcades put together lol. Guess I'm just looking for reasons not to go.

I have a mame cabinet too and although I love it, it just isn't the same as playing on original hardware with a CRT and the correct controls.

Last edited:
Soldato
I had a quick go on my cab today, first level of blazing star completed on max difficulty without taking a hit, then 1 fight in street fighter 2, and thats it turned it off.
Only when the kids come round does it get hammered non stop.

Back
Top Bottom