Anyone been to any of the Arcade Club's?

Associate
OP
I had a quick go on my cab today, first level of blazing star completed on max difficulty without taking a hit, then 1 fight in street fighter 2, and thats it turned it off.
Only when the kids come round does it get hammered non stop.

My Mame machine is basically used 100% for NBA Jam. I love playing it with my Daughter. I have it set up so that the Raspberry Pi is running 24/7. If we want to play, we just walk up to it, switch the monitor on and away we go. I don't think we have ever actually beaten the CPU but it is always fun.

When I go to Arcade Club I will be making a list of all the games I enjoyed and getting them on my Mame machine.

Soldato
Well I will be visiting the Bury venue in the next few weeks. As stated in my thread I went to Skegness yesterday and it really depressed me that my childhood most fav thing in the world was to go on holiday with the family to play the arcade cabs has now gone. But now that I have found the arcade clubs I am really hyped to go for a day and just play every single game until I get bored or kicked out.

The latest video has a tonne of my arcade favs such as Rtype, Shinobi, Robocop, Bad Dudes and Rolling Thunder to name a few.

I do have my own cab I built from scratch a few years back but never completely finished it so I am now going to try and get that sorted. I am also thinking about buying one of the Arcade World flat pack cab (27” one) I have a spare monitor, I have loads of old hardware I can use and will go all out on it.

Soldato
As mentioned earlier in the thread, I took my son to Bury on Monday, it was quite busy as expected but a great visit. I think he was a bit overwhelmed at first as there was so much going on but he soon settled in and we ended up being in there for over 6 hours!

Each time I go I notice more and more stuff... mainly this time the pinball machines and GUITAR HERO!!!111!
I left a few top scores with my forum tag, a memento from OcUK forums :D

It is such a great place and well worth a visit, and I hadn't realised before but they do NHS/blue light discounts which they don't advertise/sell online.

arcadeclubbury (2).jpg
arcadeclubbury (3).jpg
arcadeclubbury (4).jpg
arcadeclubbury (5).jpg
arcadeclubbury (6).jpg
arcadeclubbury (7).jpg
arcadeclubbury (8).jpg
arcadeclubbury (9).jpg
arcadeclubbury (10).jpg
arcadeclubbury (1).jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
There are a couple of small car parks outside the club itself or a big multistorey about 5 mins walk away

Soldato
Have a great time!

If you can spare the time it is definitely worth staying, or even going back closer to closing time. It seems to die off quite drastically and you can get onto many more machines that would have otherwise been very busy earlier in the day.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have been looking through the games they have. I can’t believe that they have most of my all time favs. Mad Dog Mcree, The Ninja Warriors (unfortunately not the massive original cab) silent scope, ridge racer, both star wars battle pod and trilogy.

Tomorrow is going to be a good day! :D

Soldato
You will be like a kid in a sweet shop! Ridge Racer is on the top floor in the back corner, there are some other very good driving games in the same area, but I won't spoil it by saying what they are.

The Intial D driving sim is decent as well and well worth a go! It's on the same floor as the pinball machines (which are also very good!)

Damn it, you're making me want to go back :D

edit... Also, the entrance isn't on the main road. Access is via the back entrance on Cork Street where there are a couple of car parks if you don't end up parking at The Rock.

Last edited:
Soldato
It was my first time and I enjoyed it. It had most of the games on the list but a couple I couldnt find was the Mad Dog Mcree or Moonwalker. It was vey busy but not really much of a wait to play on anything really. It does look like they have recently invested in good AC all the way through the building so it was nice even I. The room with all the Astro machines.

Parking was easy, we were lucky to get in the little car park just to the left as you entered the street but there was also a bigger overflow car park for the mill a little bit further towards the entrance and left.

I do have some minor criticisms tho… for a company that has created such a great collection they could do better(and it’s obvious that they know what they are doing) in checking that all the games are working properly. I think there were 3 games I went to play on and buttons were not working. They joysticks on several machines were not working very well at all. I do think it’s down to another one of my criticisms and that is that a lot of the kids that were running about were not really treating the machines well at all. Particularly the driving games. There were some young lads, probably 10/12 sitting on some of the driving games, not playing but just bashing the steering wheels left and right as hard as they could with no adult in sight (although there are multiple signs saying children must be supervised).

While I understand they only have a limited amount of floor space the driving games were packed in really tight that it was actually hard to get my fat ass into some of them (more my fault than theirs).

The sound on a lot of machines was not working or wasn’t loud enough to be heard over much louder machines. However I have been having some hearing issues lately so could be again down to me.

And finally a little one. The Star Wars Battlepod could have been turned round so the there wasn’t light coming through the back of the machine.

The food was fine for what it was cheap and cheerful.

A good day out and has inspired me to finish my current cab and to order the parts to build a new one.

Back
Top Bottom