Bambu Lab P1S Released

Associate
I wasn't far off picking up the P1P with AMS with the recent drop, glad I didn't. Hoping the P1S price doesn't increase, current position is I should really spend more time on the design side before getting another printer!

My E3Pro is good enough with PLA for now, anything more exotic needing the P1S would be bespoke/tweaked designs anyway.

Associate
It depends. If you're buying a 3D printer to fiddle about, learn about printers, etc, then the Sovol is a strong choice. It's a more than decent low cost, tweakable printer.

The Bambu labs machines are on another planet. They're for people who want to hit the print button and get a super-high quality print, remarkably quickly, with a minimum of manual intervention. They're tools, rather than a hobby machine.

Associate
I wasn't far off picking up the P1P with AMS with the recent drop, glad I didn't. Hoping the P1S price doesn't increase, current position is I should really spend more time on the design side before getting another printer!

My E3Pro is good enough with PLA for now, anything more exotic needing the P1S would be bespoke/tweaked designs anyway.
Couldn't hold off and ordered one, arrived today. Fantastic bit of kit in terms of build.

Wondering if it makes sense to have 3 Bambu threads? At least the P1P and P1S could be combined I think.

Associate
I've been bitten by the 3D printing bug. Recently ordered an Ender 3 S1 Pro, and don't get me wrong, it prints great but I really wish I'd gone for the P1P/P1S as I'll almost certainly upgrade in the near future.

Associate
With bambu having a black Friday sale I decided to pick up a P1S with AMS to replace my ender 3, still stung a bit but not a massive amount of choice in the prebuilt core xy market. I was considering the k1 but with the mixed reviews I thought I'd just pay the extra.

Anyone have any advice or tips for first time use? Anyone done the touch screen mod?

Soldato
With bambu having a black Friday sale I decided to pick up a P1S with AMS to replace my ender 3, still stung a bit but not a massive amount of choice in the prebuilt core xy market. I was considering the k1 but with the mixed reviews I thought I'd just pay the extra.

Anyone have any advice or tips for first time use? Anyone done the touch screen mod?

Firstly print some AMS desiccant holders/trays and use dessicant beads. I have 2 trays and 3 front holders in my AMS for my X1C.

My X1C just worked out of the box so not sure what else to add. Oh yes, it’s noisy but, for me, that’s mostly the exhaust fan, and I guess the P1S will be the same, so if you’re printing and the exhaust fan is running, drop it to 70%. Makes a huge difference in noise for me.

Associate
How have you found the lifespan of the consumables? Cutter, wiper I didn't pick up spares I'm hoping the ones in the box last a while. But I have seen comments that they only last a couple of reels of filament.

Soldato
I’ve not changed the cutter yet and I’ve had my X1C for a year, tbh I probably should as 3 spare blades came with the printer, but I've changed the nozzle wiper several times and as its just some ptfe tube the nozzle wipes on you can change the tube when change time comes.

Associate
My P1S + AMS has arrived, and it's an impressive piece of kit. But my god I knew people said it was noisy but I wasn't expecting it to sound like a washing machine with a pair of boots in when going flat out with the pre sliced benchy.

Anybody have any suggestions for setup for night printing, fan speed at 70% is a good start and I've had look about and most owners seem to have better built homes than I do so don't consider it an issue? The silent speed doesn't seem much quieter than the standard, and I can't see the missus letting me run this overnight. She only just got used to my ender 3 V2 :cry:

Last edited:
Associate
My P1S + AMS has arrived, and it's an impressive piece of kit. But my god I knew people said it was noisy but I wasn't expecting it to sound like a washing machine with a pair of boots in when going flat out with the pre sliced benchy.

Anybody have any suggestions for setup for night printing, fan speed at 70% is a good start and I've had look about and most owners seem to have better built homes than I do so don't consider it an issue? The silent speed doesn't seem much quieter than the standard, and I can't see the missus letting me run this overnight. She only just got used to my ender 3 V2 :cry:
How far away are you from it? Assume you aren't trying to sleep in the same room!

I have P1S in the garage as I decided back with my Ender 3 Pro that trying to make a printer truly quiet wasn't worth it. Our bedroom is directly above the garage, I have only done a couple of overnight prints and although I can hear it, this is because I know it is there and running. My girlfriend has no idea! It is much quieter than our boiler which is also in the garage.

Edit: should note the overnight prints were PLA on standard speed mode

Last edited:
Associate
How far away are you from it? Assume you aren't trying to sleep in the same room!

Currently it's on the kitchen counter, but I'll have to move it into the spare bedroom which means it'll be no more than 2m away with a stud wall separating us.

The garage has been suggested by the wife, but as that's at the bottom of the garden, damp, with no internet access it's not something I'm keen on doing.

Associate
Ah ok, can see why being next to it through a stud wall could be a problem. My garage isn't so bad but sometimes I wish I kept it in my office when I forget to put shoes on for the cold floor!

Will try mine out at some point on the silent speed, haven't felt the need yet, it's a shame if it doesn't make a noticeable difference.

Have you tried different models? From what I understand the pre sliced bench isn't ideal. It might be worth looking at the infill pattern used, some of them will mean more movements resulting in more noise.

Soldato
Currently it's on the kitchen counter, but I'll have to move it into the spare bedroom which means it'll be no more than 2m away with a stud wall separating us.

The garage has been suggested by the wife, but as that's at the bottom of the garden, damp, with no internet access it's not something I'm keen on doing.

Thinking out of the box how about move your wife to the garage? Just a thought ;)

Back
Top Bottom