Bambu Lab P1S Released

Soldato
I've been eyeballing the P1S a bit, the print speed and just having something that works consistently sounds great. I'm losing the enjoyment in constantly trying to fix my Ender 3, and I've given up with the FLSun QQS I've got due to it's lack of any consistency.
Question around the AMS, I'm not particularly bothered about printing in mixed colour. But I'm guessing this would be great for different types of filament too? I can have a black PLA to do one print, then kick off another print in clear PETG and not have to manually faff around loading and unloading the filament. It sounds nice, but it's a pretty expensive extra step. Can the P1S with AMS do the trick with printing supports in water soluable filament?

Soldato
I've been eyeballing the P1S a bit, the print speed and just having something that works consistently sounds great. I'm losing the enjoyment in constantly trying to fix my Ender 3, and I've given up with the FLSun QQS I've got due to it's lack of any consistency.
Question around the AMS, I'm not particularly bothered about printing in mixed colour. But I'm guessing this would be great for different types of filament too? I can have a black PLA to do one print, then kick off another print in clear PETG and not have to manually faff around loading and unloading the filament. It sounds nice, but it's a pretty expensive extra step. Can the P1S with AMS do the trick with printing supports in water soluable filament?

You can put whatever filament you like into the AMS with the caveat of some filaments, mostly abrasives I think (plus TPU as it's too bendy), shouldn't as they can wear the mechanism/filament path. I currently have 2 slots with ABS in and 2 slots with PLA. I don't know about third party support material but Bambu's own support works with it so I'd be surprised if it wasn't compatible.

Associate
A sunnier or damper area than Ron-ski....
Ok here's my sales pitch for the AMS:

1) Multi colour, but as others say it's surprising how little you need this
2) Automatically running onto the next reel when it runs out (never have 'half finished' prints that stop overnight etc)
3) Multi material - esp things like PLA with PETG - the two don't adhere, so PETG is actually a really good support material as it'll click off perfectly every time (or as you say, water soluble supports)

Associate
OP
Bambu Lab have released another printer today 'A1 3D Printer' its another bed slinger. There were some videos on youtube the last couple of days. £369 and £509 with the ams combo

https://bambulab.com/en/a1

Also.. they have another printer, but its harder to find unless you look for it its a professional printer 'X1E' but its well over priced for what it is.

https://bambulab.com/en/x1e

@ £2299 in vat

Last edited:
Associate
Bambu Lab have released another printer today 'A1 3D Printer' its another bed slinger. There were some videos on youtube the last couple of days. £369 and £509 with the ams combo

https://bambulab.com/en/a1

Also.. they have another printer, but its harder to find unless you look for it its a professional printer 'X1E' but its well over priced for what it is.

https://bambulab.com/en/x1e

@ £2299 in vat

The A1 is extraordinary value and an exceptional printer for the money - can't think of anything close to its price to quality ratio

Associate
considering the P1S for my first 3d printer. what filaments / accessories should i look to order at same time
Great choice - just any filament will do, if first 3d printer then just start with PLA and use that for a bit until you're comfortable - jumping between lots of filament types too soon can add too much complexity.

Main accessories you'll want you can print yourself! (Eg poop chute is worth printing, tool storage etc)

Associate
Great choice - just any filament will do, if first 3d printer then just start with PLA and use that for a bit until you're comfortable - jumping between lots of filament types too soon can add too much complexity.

Main accessories you'll want you can print yourself! (Eg poop chute is worth printing, tool storage etc)
Yeah dont want to go too complex when i start. I'll have a look at PLA filaments, i'm assuming as its the most basic / beginer friendly ill not need to worry about different hot ends etc?

Associate
considering the P1S for my first 3d printer. what filaments / accessories should i look to order at same time
I've just bough an A1, although not the cheapest I felt that buying Bambu Lab's own PLA for £16/mg wasn't a bad price as it should (in theory at least) be a good match for their own printers... Allows me to remove that variable somewhat as I get used to the printer...

Soldato
Just got my Neptune 3 working again after it annoyed me with something, but I do long for a Bambu either the P1S or the X1 other than the price is it a case of the x1 can handle more filament types that makes it more expensive? I know it has Lidar but seem to be mixed views on if it makes a difference.

Associate
OP
Just got my Neptune 3 working again after it annoyed me with something, but I do long for a Bambu either the P1S or the X1 other than the price is it a case of the x1 can handle more filament types that makes it more expensive? I know it has Lidar but seem to be mixed views on if it makes a difference.
Not sure if they are worth it over the P1S, the X1 has the Lidar, automatic flow control, the bed can go to higher temps and it has a nice touch screen also the camera send / records better video. It will be interesting to see if they bring out a X2 or P2 model this year.

Associate
I'm losing the enjoyment in constantly trying to fix my Ender 3
Im in the same boat too it constantly needs to be levelled (even with the better springs) and just prints so slow. I've purchased the P1S after looking online and it seems to be a pretty good all rounder so I can't complain, and I like the thought of it being a plug in and go kind of business. Just now the annoying wait until it ships out around the 26th.

Soldato
I've had my "fun" with levelling knobs that need adjusting regularly. I've had my "fun" with printers that don't just work. I've had my fun with Z Offsets though my Voron 2.4 has it's Z offset manually adjusted but as the bed is fixed, not on springs/levelling knobs, I set it last year when I'd finished building it and have not needed to adjust it since.

Now I'm happy to have a printer, my X1C and Voron, just work. If I feel the need to tinker in any way, that's what the Voron I built from scratch is for but as I said, that just works as well.

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
I was just about to order a P1S and after further research (YouTube!) I’ve decided on the A1 Mini instead. Yes it’s a bed slinger and doesn’t have an enclosure but, it has comparable print quality and speed, the nozzle is easier to swap between 0.2, 0.4 and 0.6, better AMS system and I can buy 1 with an AMS and one without for the same price of a P1S without an AMS.

Associate
I was just about to order a P1S and after further research (YouTube!) I’ve decided on the A1 Mini instead. Yes it’s a bed slinger and doesn’t have an enclosure but, it has comparable print quality and speed, the nozzle is easier to swap between 0.2, 0.4 and 0.6, better AMS system and I can buy 1 with an AMS and one without for the same price of a P1S without an AMS.

Hmm interesting, I was all set to go P1S route with my work bonus next month, but this has given me food for thought. Just unsure how useful AMS will be long-term. Will the novelty of multi-colour prints wear off!?

Associate
Hmm interesting, I was all set to go P1S route with my work bonus next month, but this has given me food for thought. Just unsure how useful AMS will be long-term. Will the novelty of multi-colour prints wear off!?
So far my AMS usage has mostly been for multi material rather than multi colour, its been a pleasure keeping 4 different spools loaded and ready to go. Just select your bay in bambu slicer and let it go.

And for a follow on from my previous noise complaints, since the new firmware was been released my P1S has been so much quieter I can now leave it printing at night :D

Associate
So far my AMS usage has mostly been for multi material rather than multi colour, its been a pleasure keeping 4 different spools loaded and ready to go. Just select your bay in bambu slicer and let it go.

And for a follow on from my previous noise complaints, since the new firmware was been released my P1S has been so much quieter I can now leave it printing at night :D

Hmm yeah I'd not really considered multi-material tbh, as opposed to multi-colour. What kind of thing are you printing where multi-material comes in handy? I doubt any of my projects would ever be that complex, but never say never I guess!

Associate
Hmm yeah I'd not really considered multi-material tbh, as opposed to multi-colour. What kind of thing are you printing where multi-material comes in handy? I doubt any of my projects would ever be that complex, but never say never I guess!
In all honesty I meant I keep different spools loaded permanently, saves faffing especially as the spool holder is on the back. But one use is petg as a support interface for pla.

Back
Top Bottom