Bambu Lab P1S Released

Pet Northerner
Don
Soldato
My P1S is finally on the way after a few weeks of putting it off (I hate spending money lol) and looking forward to it.

@katie279 have you seen the homeassistant integration for spaghetti detection?

Its a great printer sure will have lots of fun, did you get the AMS with it?

Associate
A sunnier or damper area than Ron-ski....
My P1S is finally on the way after a few weeks of putting it off (I hate spending money lol) and looking forward to it.

@katie279 have you seen the homeassistant integration for spaghetti detection?

Oooooh, you know how to excite a geek girl!! :cool:. Gonna have to try this!!

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
P1S its more elegant with the AMS on top

The AMS on the A1 is meant to be better though!

I would say, if you are only printing PLA/PETG go with the A1

The only reason I’m tempted with the P series is because I don’t know when A1 will go back on sale again after the recall

Last edited:
Associate
That sucks!
That's what is being reported by Bambu, i'm unsure how many they've sold but it's got to be 10's of thousands worldwide?

Fingers crossed they'll be offering some reduced-price refurbished models once things are back on track.

Last edited:
Soldato
The P1s is fairly quiet, especially since the recent firmware update. I had a CR10s before it and the p1s is quieter than that.
CR10 are notoriously loud so you're damning with faint praise there.
Having said that I've not seen any reports of the bamboos being loud

Soldato
How noisy is the P1S compared to Ender 3 or Prusa Mk3 etc?
Having just moved from an Ender 3 Pro to a P1S, I can't honestly say it's much better. I mean I didn't measure it and the enclosure probably helps a bit. It's fine for me sitting next to it but I'm not doing video calls or anything.

What did amaze me was the confidence it's given me to print things I didn't before. My E3P was fine and printed without major issues most of the time. But the P1S is much more fire and forget for me and I've racked up more hours in the 2 weeks I've had it than probably the last year on the E3P. On that I would print a fair few functional small parts to fix a broken thing but very rarely anything much bigger.

Only the fob were done on the P1S, the bit they stick to was all done on the Ender.
53537681974_0468206f99_b.jpg

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
I've decided to pull the trigger on the P1S, is there any other accessories I should look to order at the same time to save on shipping later?

Pet Northerner
Don
How do you find the 0.6? what kinda prints are you doing with it, any examples?

tbh when I ordered it was OOS so I'm getting one with my next order of plastic.

Plan is to use it for larger, functional parts where detail is not as needed. the 0.2 will be for when I want smaller, more detailed stuff printing.

I got and will be getting complete assemblies for ease of use.

Back
Top Bottom