BRSK

Associate
So they are coming out to me on Thursday afternoon to do the install, yay......I'm going to be using my own router, for now it's an Asus router until my Flint 2 arrives, however I read that after the install it can take up to 3 days for the connection to go live, is that right ?
No such delay for me, also immediately switch to my own router with no issues.

Associate
Was immediately available straight after the ONT was powered on for me. Had it for several months now and it’s been absolutely perfect. Rock solid pings to bbc.co.uk of 7ms and my latency monitor is so dull it’s amazing.

I am on the 500/500 package and I never struggle with that. Download is never a problem at that speed even for big Steam games. The upload is really handy for things like iCloud backups which are near instant and never noticeable.

Associate
So they are coming out to me on Thursday afternoon to do the install, yay......I'm going to be using my own router, for now it's an Asus router until my Flint 2 arrives, however I read that after the install it can take up to 3 days for the connection to go live, is that right ?
Mine took 24 hrs, only because there was an issue with the street connection. I'm on the 900mb and it's been great, no issues.

Soldato
Mine was live soon as they fibre converter was installed

Soldato
Thanks guys, I cant wait to ditch virgin, 900mb down and a rubbish 100mb up, which most of the time is down for one thing or another, 30 days notice has been given.

I've left VM and they aren't making things easy. Keep asking me to return return equipment or I'll be charged. Superhub 5, fair enough, returned that but they seem to think I have a Superhub 3 even though I returned that about 2 years ago when I recieved the SH5.

Soldato
I've left VM and they aren't making things easy. Keep asking me to return return equipment or I'll be charged. Superhub 5, fair enough, returned that but they seem to think I have a Superhub 3 even though I returned that about 2 years ago when I recieved the SH5.
I have the hub 5 now and the hub 3, they keep asking me to return the hub 3 in the packaging they sent me which they never sent me, so it's sat in a box in my cupboard, when they want the hub 5 and 360 box back I'll just pack it up and drop it all off to the O2 shop down at merry hell.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have the hub 5 now and the hub 3, they keep asking me to return the hub 3 in the packaging they sent me which they never sent me, so it's sat in a box in my cupboard, when they want the hub 5 and 360 box back I'll just pack it up and drop it all off to the O2 shop down at merry hell.

I got messages from VM saying I have both hubs and they sent me packaging to return them both. I rang VM to explain that I can only return the SH5 now as I'd already returned the SH3. Woman I spoke to said there was no record of the SH3 being returned but not worry as they would update their records to show it was returned. Couple of days later someone from VM came and collected the SH5 but I then started to get messages along the lines of thanks for returning the SH5 but you still need to return the SH3. So I ring them back and basically have the exact same conversion again with someone from VM even though I explain I've already done this. Now I'm told to ignore the messages so we'll see how it goes now.

Soldato
How y'all getting on with BRSK these days? They are my front runner to replace my 5G.

@Jamin280672 - PM me your referral code as I may sign up in the next day and you'll get a £75Amazon voucher for nowt. :)
Sent you a PM, going great for me too, well worth the money, best move I made was to join these and get off VM, im using a GL.iNet Flint 2 for my main router, the only hiccup I have with the broadband is when my router has a brain freeze, obviously thats nothing to do with BRSK.

Last edited:
Soldato
How y'all getting on with BRSK these days? They are my front runner to replace my 5G.

@Jamin280672 - PM me your referral code as I may sign up in the next day and you'll get a £75Amazon voucher for nowt. :)
Is it available in your area?
There are a few angry people in our area. Brsk putting up telegraph poles, apparently there is nothing you can do as they have full permission.

Soldato
Is it available in your area?
There are a few angry people in our area. Brsk putting up telegraph poles, apparently there is nothing you can do as they have full permission.

Yes, laughing at those people as if telegraph poles are a new invention or that intrusive in the grand scheme it's a tree trunk with some wires coming from it. It's not like they couldn't be removed easily at a later date either. NIMBYism at its finest.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well they reckon that my area will be live by the end of Feb, which isn't terrible news, so I ordered it and await the installation date. Might look at doing some network upgrades over the next 6-8 weeks as well. :)

Soldato
Well they reckon that my area will be live by the end of Feb, which isn't terrible news, so I ordered it and await the installation date. Might look at doing some network upgrades over the next 6-8 weeks as well. :)
ive been waiting since Nov 22 lol, ordered and they keep moving the eta back by a month each time

Associate
It's great. Stable 900/900. A year of waiting for the installation. When it was time to install, they wanted to connect me via overhead cables. Of course, this would involve putting a new pole in my street, which I objected to. I asked why they didn't connect me by underground cable like BT. They came to their senses and a few days later I was connected as I wanted. I have only used their router once as I have my new one, but I was positively surprised by this one, my old router which I spent a lot of money on had a much worse signal, but that was probably because I bought it almost 10 years ago. Anyway, I found nothing wrong with their router and wouldn't mind using it.

Back
Top Bottom