BRSK

Soldato
Do BRSK make use of the Openreach network?

Openreach have just been out to run fiber cables to the hatch in my front garden which supplies the existing copper lines for the neighbouring houses. Talking to them they pointed out that some of the neighbours already had BRSK - pointing at the overhead cables.

BRSK pricing looks good, but I want them to run the cables underground and not an aerial cable.

Soldato
Do BRSK make use of the Openreach network?

Openreach have just been out to run fiber cables to the hatch in my front garden which supplies the existing copper lines for the neighbouring houses. Talking to them they pointed out that some of the neighbours already had BRSK - pointing at the overhead cables.

BRSK pricing looks good, but I want them to run the cables underground and not an aerial cable.
Yeh they do. All depends on your street which way they do it. I’m hoping for underground in our street too! We don’t have any telegraph poles at all.

Soldato
Yeh they do. All depends on your street which way they do it. I’m hoping for underground in our street too! We don’t have any telegraph poles at all.

Thanks.

I suppose I could always order it and if they turn up and tell me the installation is via an aerial cable then say no thanks and cancel the order.

Caporegime
If the poles that the BRSK service is on were put in by them then that's probably what they'd use to serve you. You'd like to hope it should be a fairly easy question for their sales team to answer though.

Soldato
if there some issues around Manchester where by BRSK are putting up poles on streets without the permisisonsof the residents, they have been given permission by the council to do it.

Associate
Quick update:
It still works great.
L4tq8wg.png

Switching from starlink was a great decision. It was not difficult at all, as brsk has 3x the download and 30x the upload. The price is more than 2x lower. I pay £30 + £5 for a fixed IP. So far, there have been no unplanned outages. There was only one planned one where brsk had to repair damage caused by another company. I was informed of everything a few days in advance.

*** no referral links ***

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Been using BRSK now for about 5 months, been rock solid since the day they installed.
Only downside is and this is just speculation but I assume we'll have to ring up again when contract end to get a better deal or keep paying current price. Anyone had to go through thar process yet?

Associate
I've had brsk for about a week. Have to say I'm impressed with the speeds and the price. Especially the up speed.
Installation was very friendly

I came from Virgin which was expensive, hard to deal with, poor up speeds and a bad router

Like all broadbands I've had, the brsk WiFi router seems basic. I have the black coloured Technicolour one.

I did a scan and I notice it is only using 2 Ghz not 5. Should I be changing the settings?

I find it strange they don't using the WiFi id to advertise it's a BRSK installation to neighbours like Virgin and Sky do. It's just got a generic name

Last edited:
Associate
I ordered BRSK in December of 23 and I was told It would be up and running by end of Jan 24, By mid Feb I contacted them and they said slight delay but on track now for end of Feb, March comes still nothing, Contacted again was told it's nearly ready they are just running tests and I'll be connected by end of March. Mid April I've been told now End of April I'll be connected but I have 0 faith that BRSK will have me connected by the summer as every month they have failed to reach out and I've had to contact them for answers. I'm not sure to complain now or wait till I'm connected to complain and see if they'll credit my account. (I've been using 5G since December and It's not fun) Anyone else had delays being connected to BRSK,

Another note checking their coverage map, Every Road around me is pink and connected, just my road which is blue and in-build.. :(

Based in Stockport

Soldato
I ordered BRSK in December of 23 and I was told It would be up and running by end of Jan 24, By mid Feb I contacted them and they said slight delay but on track now for end of Feb, March comes still nothing, Contacted again was told it's nearly ready they are just running tests and I'll be connected by end of March. Mid April I've been told now End of April I'll be connected but I have 0 faith that BRSK will have me connected by the summer as every month they have failed to reach out and I've had to contact them for answers. I'm not sure to complain now or wait till I'm connected to complain and see if they'll credit my account. (I've been using 5G since December and It's not fun) Anyone else had delays being connected to BRSK,

Another note checking their coverage map, Every Road around me is pink and connected, just my road which is blue and in-build.. :(

Based in Stockport
Contact their twitter team. Took a week and a bit of faffing but the twitter team escalated for me

Soldato

Based in Stockport
Do you already have telegraph poles on your street?

They keep pushing me back each month. But think it’s because we don’t have the poles and maybe they still waiting for planning permission from council etc.

Associate
Contact their twitter team. Took a week and a bit of faffing but the twitter team escalated for me
I did twice and the second time they phoned me back with another date
Do you already have telegraph poles on your street?

They keep pushing me back each month. But think it’s because we don’t have the poles and maybe they still waiting for planning permission from council etc.
I have 4 poles on my street with one next to me with a brsk label on it too.

Back
Top Bottom